Geert Wilder’s speech that Britain never got to hear

THANKS to the disgraceful cowardice of Home Secretary Jacqui Smith and her supporters who caved in to Islamic bully-boy tactics, we Brits were denied the right to hear a speech Geert Wilders MP intended delivering at the House of Lords this week at the showing of his film Fitna.

Geert Wilders

Geert Wilders

This is an abridged version of the speech the Dutch Freedom Party Chairman prepared for the occasion:

[The House of Lords] is no ordinary place. This is not just one of England’s tourist attractions. This is a sacred place. This is the mother of all Parliaments, and I am deeply humbled to speak before you.

The Houses of Parliament is where Winston Churchill stood firm, and warned – all throughout the 1930s – of the dangers looming. Most of the time he stood alone.

Today, I come before you to warn of another great threat. It is called Islam. It poses as a religion, but its goals are very worldly: world domination, holy war, sharia law, the end of the separation of church and state, the end of democracy. It is not a religion, it is a political ideology. It demands your respect, but has no respect for you.

There might be moderate Muslims, but there is no moderate Islam … Islam means submission, so there cannot be any mistake about its goal. That’s a given. The question is whether the British people, with their glorious past, is longing for that submission.

We see Islam taking off in the West at an incredible speed. The United Kingdom has seen a rapid growth of the number of Muslims. Over the last ten years, the Muslim population has grown ten times as fast as the rest of society. This has put an enormous pressure on society. Thanks to British politicians who have forgotten about Winston Churchill, the English now have taken the path of least resistance. They give up. They give in …

For a moment I feared that I would be refused entrance. But I was confident the British government would never sacrifice free speech because of fear of Islam. Britannia rules the waves, and Islam will never rule Britain, so I was confident the Border Agency would let me through. And after all, you have invited stranger creatures than me.

Two years ago the House of Commons welcomed Mahmoud Suliman Ahmed Abu Rideh, linked to Al Qaeda. He was invited to Westminster by Lord Ahmed, who met him at Regent’s Park mosque three weeks before. Mr Rideh, suspected of being a money man for terror groups, was given a SECURITY sticker for his Parliamentary visit.

Well, if you let in this man, then an elected politician from a fellow EU country surely is welcome here too. By letting me speak today you show that Mr Churchill’s spirit is still very much alive. And you prove that the European Union truly is working; the free movement of persons is still one of the pillars of the European project.

But there is still much work to be done. Britain seems to have become a country ruled by fear.

I would not qualify myself as a free man. Four and a half years ago I lost my freedom. I am under guard permanently, courtesy to those who prefer violence to debate. But for the leftist fan club of Islam, that is not enough. They started a legal procedure against me. Three weeks ago the Amsterdam Court of Appeal ordered my criminal prosecution for making Fitna and for my views on Islam. I committed what George Orwell called a ‘thought crime’.

You might have seen my name on Fitna’s credit role, but I am not really responsible for that movie. It was made for me. It was actually produced by Muslim extremists, the Quran and Islam itself. If  Fitna is considered ‘hate speech’, then how would the Court qualify the Quran, with all it’s calls for violence, and hatred against women and Jews?

Mr Churchill himself compared the Quran to Adolf Hitler’s Mein Kampf. Well, I did exactly the same, and that is what they are prosecuting me for.

I wonder if the UK ever put Mr. Churchill on trial.

The Court’s decision and the letter I received form the Secretary of State for the Home Department are two major victories for all those who detest freedom of speech. They are doing Islam’s dirty work. Sharia by proxy. The differences between Saudi-Arabia and Jordan on one hand and Holland and Britain are blurring. Europe is now on the fast track of becoming Eurabia. That is apparently the price we have to pay for the project of mass immigration, and the multicultural project.

Ladies and gentlemen, the dearest of our many freedoms is under attack. In Europe, freedom of speech is no longer a given. What we once considered a natural component of our existence is now something we again have to fight for. That is what is at stake. Whether or not I end up in jail is not the most pressing issue. The question is: Will free speech be put behind bars?

We have to defend freedom of speech.

For the generation of my parents the word ‘London’ is synonymous with hope and freedom. When my country was occupied by the national-socialists the BBC offered a daily glimpse of hope, in the darkness of Nazi tyranny. Millions of my country men listened to it, illegally. The words ‘This Is London’ were a symbol for a better world coming soon …

What will be transmitted forty years from now? Will it still be ‘This Is London’? Or will it be ‘this is Londonistan’? Will it bring us hope, or will it signal the values of Mecca and Medina? Will Britain offer submission or perseverance? Freedom or slavery?

The choice is ours. We will never apologize for being free. We will never give in. We will never surrender. Freedom must prevail, and freedom will prevail.

You can read the speech in full on Wilder’s website.

22 responses to “Geert Wilder’s speech that Britain never got to hear”

1. Gwawr says:

This is powerful. And they never got to hear it. Too bad. Wilders using the words of Churchill himself at the end is still very much needed to be heeded to day.

2. remigius says:

How has it come to this. In Great Britain today there exists a shadowy mob of hate-mongers who have absolutely no regard for democracy, free speech or the British was of life.

The people of this once great nation, and its hard won freedoms, mean nothing to them.

Liberty itself has become anathema in the mindless pursuit of their corrupt and perverted ideology.

I suppose it serves us right for electing the bastards in the first place!

3. Shargraves says:

As much as I don’t like Geert Kilroy, he has a point though!

4. FrodoSaves says:

Yes, good thing the British government would never do that.

5. Philip_skippon says:

Its an absolute disgrace,geert was invited to show his video by a member of parliament and then denied at the last minute.Watching BBC t.v David miliband told the viewers that geert was never invited,a blatant lie.He then continued a barrage of lies.Lord Ahmed said he would “have 10,000 Muslims rain down on the houses of parliament”if the video was shown and I’m afraid to say our government crumbled.I’m ashamed of our present government.The Lab/Lib/con parties are destroying our once great land.

6. newspaniard says:

On Question Time, on the (lying) BBC, only one of the panellists had the guts to point out about ‘Free Speech’ and was eventually brow-beaten by the others who all implied that “islam – good”, “islam critics – bad and should not be heard”. Of course the Labour MP said the Government was right and couldn’t understand the ‘free speech’ argument (which is why he’ll be voted out at the next election). The guy from the Sun newspaper called Wilders a facist and anybody who disagreed with The Sun was also to be thrown under the nearest train. One or two in the audience pounted out that if the ban had not taken place, then the screening would have gone forward without comment, now everyone, not thrown under a train, knows who Wilders is. Threre were others in the audience who were worried about the loss of free speech but they were shouted down by those who insisted that free speech did not extend to those who disagreed with the shouters.

I made up the bit about trains and throwing, but I’m sure the intent was plain.

If only FreeThinker could get a mention in The Sun, subscriptions and following of this site and even the excellent mag would hugely increase.

7. Stonyground says:

This subject came up on the Radio 4 News Quiz last night and the panel managed to put a very benign spin on the whole affair. The News Quiz is repeated at 12:30 on Saturday if anyone is reading this before then or maybe you will be able to download it.

This contrasts very much with the Blogs and the comment threads on the online newspapers. Here we have real anger and almost universal condemnation of our invertebrate politicians, is there even one of them prepared to stand up and be counted?

We now, it seems, find ourselves in the position that Lord Ahmed can basically have anything he asks for, anything at all, all he has to do is threaten to mobilise an angry mob if he doesn’t get his own way.

8. Graham davis says:

If a film of Mein Kampf is made with images of the Holocaust would we ban its creator on the grounds that it insults all Germans? The quran is littered with obscene passages as is the old testament, the difference is that in Islam no one questions that they are the word of god whilst the old testament has been quietly ignored by most christians. In a conflict between the laws of Great Britain and those of islam most moslems, even the so called moderates, will choose islam. This is a state of affairs that cannot be allowed to continue.

Our government rather than stand up for secular values and the rule of law appeases and capitulates to moslems. As Wilders says (and I am no supporter of right wing views) a tide of islamofascism is gathering momentum across Europe and just like its precursor in the 1930’s we must stand up to it and if our government won’t do it then we as individuals must.

When I posted this on the BBC iPM blog it was promptly removed. This was my response.

Once again the BBC has proved to be this government’s poodle and joined the movement to stifle debate. My post on another BBC blog regarding the expulsion from the UK of a sitting Dutch MP along with my comments regarding the threat posed by islam has been removed, judge for yourself if it contravened the house rules:

Freedom of speech is the bedrock of democracy, without it we will end up with a totalitarian society. I am no fan of Geert Wilders but what he says in the film FITNA is beyond dispute as it simply juxtaposed verses from the quran with atrocities committed in the name of islam and justified by those same verses, the viewer is left to draw their own conclusions.

9. Durandal says:

“There might be moderate Muslims, but there is no moderate Islam. Islam will never change, because it is build on two rocks that are forever, two fundamental beliefs that will never change, and will never go away. First, there is Quran, Allah’s personal word, uncreated, forever, with orders that need to be fulfilled regardless of place or time. And second, there is al-insal al-kamil, the perfect man, Muhammad the role model, whose deeds are to be imitated by all Muslims. And since Muhammad was a warlord and a conqueror we know what to expect.”

I find this the most pressing argument in mr Wilders speech which i’m sure he would have liked to have been able to make and be debated in the UK.

10. OurSally says:

Our darkest hour.

11. Alan C. says:

Does anyone else have visions of bloody civil wars across Europe, in the not too distant future?
    Or is it just me being a drama Queen?

12. Philip_skippon says:

Yes,I too have the same visions and many share your view Alan.The Muslim population has grow from 500,000 to 2,400,000 in just 4 years,I believe.If you look at the countries that have 5% population and above the rate of destruction and death goes up significantly.In the U.K I believe were at about 3%.The higher the population the more they demand,already their starting to police themselves,have their own banks etc.For all the money that they pay in to Sharia law banks a percentage goes to charity,which is groups like hamas and Hezbollah.We must keep a close eye on their every move which is costing the tax payers a fortune eg.a new database is costing 12 billion pounds which will listen in and record all phone calls,Internet movement an mobile text and calls.Scary stuff.Or maybe Im a drama queen too.

13. Alan C. says:

Philip, I think they (the Muzzies) see the huge decline in Christianity here in the west, and think……….hello! here are millions of people looking for a new “religion”, we’ll give them Islam.
    I genuinely believe that they think nobody can live without a “religion” of some sort, such is the depth of their indoctrination.
    What annoys me most about them, is their unelected so called leaders.
    The Muslim parliament. WTF!
    The Muslim council of Britain. Ditto.
    Muslim groups in the police force.
    Muslim groups in the armed forces. (with weapons) Eek.
    Why don’t everyday common or garden Muslims, stand up and say, hey! you don’t represent me.
    Fear.

14. Jess says:

Neither ‘muslim’ nor ‘Islam’ are English words so why do we use them in conversations, discussions and arguments conducted in the English language, particularly if English is the native tongue of the ‘audience’?
    As Mr Wilders pointed out, ‘Islam’ means ‘Submission’. (Actually, that’s not exactly correct. According to The Online Etymology Dictionary it is ‘…from Arabic, lit[erally]. “submission” (to the will of God)…’ but that is probably just splitting hairs). And one accepted definition of the word ‘muslim’ is ‘A believer in Islam’.
    So we have a religion (ignoring Mr Wilder’s extra definitions) called “Submission” with followers who are “believers in Submission”.
    I’m not suggesting anyone would gain anything from pedantically ‘correcting’ other’s use of ‘Islam’ or ‘Muslim’ but rather suggesting the use of the English terms instead of the Arabic words whenever we have a choice. Just as an example, here’s a part of Mr Wilder’s speech rendered in that way:

We see Submission (Islam) taking off in the West at an incredible speed. The United Kingdom has seen a rapid growth of the number of believers in Submission (Muslims). Over the last ten years, the population of believers in Submission (Muslims) has grown ten times as fast as the rest of society.

It is difficult for any claim of ‘racism’ to be made if we refer to ‘believers in Submission’ and ‘Islamaphobia’ doesn’t sound so irrational when described as ‘resistance to Submission’. It’s a war of words so it’s wise to choose your own weapons rather than have them dictated by your enemies.

15. There is no doubt that Mr Wilder@s stand is an appropriate response to the behaviour of the followers of the Koran, Anyone, objective enough, to preserve the values of a free society and the desire to advance the cause of an evolving human mind will,surely, be tempted to hold aloft the success of the free society that we have built up overv the centuries. For the Muslims, now , to raise objections on the ground that any comment on the unsavoury aspects of the Koran and its creators and followers is nothing but the height of sheer lunacy.

However, it seems to me that the British government had to strike expedient between two hazards: that between social unrest generated by Muslims in the UK and the unbridled expression of the freedom of opinion. Perhaps, what the Home secretary was right. Many thanks

16. Graham davis says:

The quran itself is an incitement to religious hatred and yet if I say as much I am the one accused of incitement to religious hatred!

17. Rozi says:

My other half grew up in Holland and he told me that Geert Wilders is like Abu Hamza, only against Islam. Blimey, I got the impression he was Holland’s Boris Johnson! Perhaps its the hair.
    I may not entirely like him, but he’s got a very good point; Islam IS nuts. Muslims may not be, but the religion itself is utterly bonkers. As is Christianity, to be fair.

18. christine winnan says:

Enough is enough. Are we going to stand by and allow Islamic bullies and a cowardly government guilty of treason against it’s own people to take away the freedoms that our parents fought the nazis so gallantly for ??? If we do….then we deserve everything we get.

Islam gains it’s strength from the fact that it’s adherents are brought up fanatically in the ‘faith’ from birth. If they tried to…or even wanted to..leave Islam then they would lose their families and suffer in many ways….especially the women. Their Imams have the ability to whip them up into a frenzy as seen many times on news items.

However, let us not be fooled. We are being ‘played’ by a secret hand that manipulates from a dark hidden place that is using Islam as a vehicle to bring in the New World Order as spoken about by their puppets such as Bush and Blair etc. and written about by men of literary greatness such as H G Wells and Orwell etc; and just as an orchestra playing has the power to move emotions, so they are conducting that orchestra and playing on our emotions.

I am disappointed that all the muslims that say they do not go along with hamas and hezbollah and the violence etc, do not make a statement/stand against those who profess to be of the same faith as them because if that was my religion I’d be questioning it, and just as many of us British marched in London to say ‘Not in MY name'(and I was there), against our own government going to war against Islamic Iraq why haven’t they done the same about their hierarchy ???

Have you asked yourselves WHY the British government, for the first time in it’s existence so far as I know, bows down to the biggest threat in our country since the Nazi’s….and make no mistake about it…the Nazi’s (= Aryans meaning ‘nobles’=’rulers’ since times of the Sumerians)ARE the power controlling all this in the background. The top Nazis, after the war, were sneaked into other countries because they were part of an international secret society which planned the war ‘against each-other’ (Pearl Harbour anyone ?). You can get away with the horrific crimes carried out in war time that you could never get away with in peace time…such as experimentation into MIND CONTROL, population control etc. There is a far greater agenda going on than the majority realise…..which explains everything we as a people do not understand. If the government are behaving in such a way that we are left in bewilderment as to why, then we are in the majority….and it is our duty to our children to do something about it.

The ‘Great man’ himself…’Sir Winston churchill belonged to ‘The Ancient Order of Druids’….do we really believe that such a powerful heirarchy such as the very learned men of the time, the revered druids(with their sacrifices to their pre-atlantean gods)died out so easily…destroyed by the Roman world power at that time who were controlled by the same hidden hand?

There is much in history to explain what is happening if we only took the time to do a bit of research on it….and it makes sense of why we find ourselves in the situation that we do if we just pondered on it a bit.
    So I make a call to muslims as well as us British…we must unite against the divisions of religion and politics and agendas that bind and enslave us, and refuse to ‘play’ the game ‘they’ want us to; and wet must unite against THEM (nazis), as a ‘Temple of Humanity’…NOT as a dogmatic dividing religion….or as political propogandist sheep….but as HUMAN BEINGS with compassion for one another.

I have to fight with myself, because I still feel anger at muslims in my country…..every time I see a woman in a burka I have to control myself so as I don’t go and tear it off her. I feel raped because of the Trojan Horse in my country. But I also know there is more than meets the eye and we have to wake up to that if we are to deal with what really threatens us effectively through it’s various ‘fronts’ (yes, like the mafia),agent provocateurs etc etc etc.
    So…lets not be ‘played’ by the hidden hand that has been playing us for centuries…..lets be smarter than ‘them’…and lets not us ‘common people’ fight eachother; but lets find a way for ‘the people’ to gather and unite against our slave masters of the NWO nazis for the sake of our children…just as our forebears did….but with the foresight they didn’t have at that time…not against eachother…but against them.

19. Jake says:

Geert Wilder is absolutely right. The Islamic culture is retarded. You only have to look at the way it oppresses women. The whole ideology is based on hatred, oppression and intolerance. Islamism is a plague. Recently Islamic fundamentalist blew up a girl's school because they don't believe women should be educated!

20. coen says:

Yes and NO. I agree, there is nothing moral about the Islam culture. It's a pathetic religion, based on mind control and repression. However, Geert needs to get educated about a few things. He wants us to believe Muslims caused 911, which is pathetic. Everybody with a brain knows these buildings weren't brought down by planes.

21. Andrew says:

Geert Wilder tell the truth of danger of Islam Nazism in UK, Europe and World. He has very good idea for Islam Nazism. UK , Europe and USA people wake up and stand up to Islamic Muslim terrorists and puppet governments in Uk ,Europe and USA.

22. Andrew says:

Geert Wilder tell the truth of danger of Islam Nazism . He is like Winston Churchill. UK , Europe and USA people wake up and stand up to Islamic Muslim terrorists and puppet governments in Uk ,Europe and USA.