It’s been a long Good Friday ….

SIX hours on the shop floor, and another 45 minutes in a supermarket dodging trolleys, baby buggies and homicidal pensioners in mobility scooters have left me too drained to post anything of substance this evening.

So I offer you instead this spoof book cover, which brilliantly encapsulates Easter.

thanks-for-dying-jesus-candy

It comes from Somethingawful.com. You can amuse yourself trawling through a collection of other spoof covers here while I lie down in a darkened room …

11 responses to “It’s been a long Good Friday ….”

1. remigius says:

Bloody hell Barry.

6 hours work, then a trip to Tescbury’s.

You poor little lamb. Take it easy mate.

We don’t wanna loose you!

2. Stonyground says:

Having been brought up in a moderately christian houshold, and having from an early age thought that much of Christianity was incomprehensible, it is odd that I never remember wondering about the question of what the death of Jesus had to do with getting a chocolate egg. There was always a challenge to make your egg last a bit, a challenge that I always failed miserably, but the chocolate egg is the part that I always loved and our family still always get one each every Easter even though they are probably quite poor value compared with a large chocolate bar.

As for Easter, if it ever becomes widely known that the word comes from the name of a pagan goddess (From which the word oestrogen is also derived) do you suppose that the Church will try to rebrand it?

3. Buffy says:

That’s cute. I also like this one, which tells the horrible truth about Easter eggs.

4. Talitha says:

THIS LINK shows how Hellbound Pagans Pre-stole Easter for the purposes of baby sacrifice and mass-fornication.

Jesus weeps.

5. Dave L says:

6. Ziggy says:

Dear Barry, Sorry to hear you’re not well. Remember your making similar complaints previously. You should perhaps consider having a general check-up at your trusted Medico. While I am not suggesting it is anything serious, why should you suffer unnecessarily? Get well soon!

7. Barry Duke says:

Ziggy, Remigius: Thanks for your concern, but I assure you I am as fit as a fiddle. I have just been a bit overworked over the last few days, but everything is back to normal. Or what passes for normal in the Duke household.

8. Brian Jordan says:

“OMG!!! My brain hurts after reading that site Talitha. That is the last time I go to a fundie forum”
    Panic not – it’s a piss-take. The idea of “pre-stealing” is brilliant and relating it to cyber-squatting is doubly so. Makes it a really authentic victimisation.

9. Talitha says:

I can assure all you Monkey-Worshiping Atheists, Landover is as real as the Love of Jesus and the Fires of Hell.