‘It’s awesome that people think I’m gay,’ says atheist Harry Potter star

HARRY POTTER star Daniel Radcliffe further pissed off the Religious Right when he said in an interview with Moviefone that he thought it was “awesome” that some people thought he was gay.

His remarks follow his recent revelation that he was an atheist.

Daniel Radcliffe has a 'gay face'

Daniel Radcliffe has a 'gay face'

I grew up around gay people my entire life, basically, that’s possibly why I’m quite camp, and some people think I’m gay when I meet them, which I think is awesome. It’s always good to keep them guessing [laughs]. I don’t go on any blogs or chats or anything, but my friends are demons for them, and apparently someone said ‘Daniel Radcliffe is gay. He’s got a gay face!’ [Laughs] I really don’t know what a gay face is.

He also thought it was “wonderful” that Albus Dumbledore, Hogwarts school headmaster, was revealed as gay by J K Rowling.

Half of me thinks Jo Rowling just did that to see if she could piss off the right wing, but I’m not sure how true that is. I think she had it planned, I think she always knew he was gay.

15 responses to “‘It’s awesome that people think I’m gay,’ says atheist Harry Potter star”

1. shargraves says:

dunno about having a gay face – but with that expression and around the eyes he looks top me a little like a very very very young Dawkins…

Or is it just me first thing of a morning!

2. frankyv says:

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY ALERT, you can voice your opinion on the Radio 4 under the TFTD news report. Get going peeps!!

3. gsw says:

or maybe it's the pink shirt?

4. Zink120 says:

Awesome awesome. Even if you don't care much for his acting, you've gotta admit this makes him pretty cool!
    This brightened up my day! 😀

5. Kerry says:

I don't know about Daniel, but I never thought about any sexual preference when it came to Dumbledore. I mean, the beard alone would be a problem. Its like imagining your parents doing it. A mental picture we didn't need.

6. treephalanges says:

I thought the same thing. Looks just like a young Dawkins.

7. Kristen says:

xD "Gay face". Well Daniel does act happy a lot. lol It's quite interesting to hear about that, but the Albus thing confused me from when I first heard it. She probably said he was gay specifically because she was trying to piss the right-wingers off. lol She did a good job of it too. 😛

8. I believe gayface is one word, and does not usually take the indefinite article:

Daniel Radcliffe has gayface.

It's science!

9. featheredfrog says:

Really, and look who Dawkins got to marry! Gay, my, ummm, ass?

10. lol says:

I actually am beginning to really like Dan, which I can't say I ever imagined some years ago when I first noticed him. He really seems to be a bit of a free thinker, and what is more is that I actually agree with his positions. I find them to be quite reasonable. Maybe he should consider writing a book of his beliefs or running for a public position. I'd vote for him.

11. Holland says:

He might suddenly turn gay as if by magic!

It was a windup! How can a fictional character be "gay" if he never does or says anything to that effect in the story? It had the desired effect though!!

13. yubi says:

keep ur dumbledore to yourself
    sicko

14. Tony E says:

Now should Dumbledore ask me to look at his 'wand'……….

15. […] year the paper argued that Harry, played by atheist, gay-friendly Daniel Radcliffe, was the wrong kind of hero and the stories, although compelling, were full of […]