FORMER Miss California Carrie Prejean is suing the Miss USA pageant for libel, slander, and religious discrimination.

Carrie Prejean

Carrie Prejean

Prejean first gained national attention at the Miss USA pageant when she said that she believed that marriage should only be between a man and a woman. The views she expressed in while competing for the Miss USA title may have cost her the crown as one judge, Perez Hilton, had docked points for her bigoted response.

Since then, the blonde poster-girl for Christian conservatism has become a polarising figure, gaining the admiration of religious barmpots but sparking the ire of pro-gay marriage supporters.

Controversial lingerie photos nearly cost her the Miss California crown, but Donald Trump temporarily allowed her to keep her title, claiming that he found nothing objectionable about the photos.

The final nail in the coffin took place on June 10 when K2 Productions terminated Carrie Prejean’s contract, claiming that she had breached her contract by missing scheduled appearances.

Prejean’s attorney claims that she had not missed the scheduled appearances and that she was actually fired because of her politically controversial views.

Prejean also claims that pageant officials told her not to mention God in her speeches. Pageant officials, according to this report, “sent a mixed message when instructing her not to mention politics or religion especially when Perez Hilton was allowed to ask such a politically-motivated question in the first place.”

The report adds:

It’s unclear what Carrie Prejean has to gain from suing the Miss USA pageant: money, extended fame, or increased attention to her religious causes.

32 responses to “Jesus-loving, gay-marriage-hating beauty queen claims ‘religious discrimination’”

1. gsw says:

This is ridiculous – she's a beauty queen not a Nobel prize winner or even an evangelical TV-Priest.
    Beauty Queen crowns are given for looking good, not for thinking or for pushing PC language.

So let her have her opinions and we can laugh them off, along with Easter bunnies and other fluffy toys.

Or am I not allowed to say that I think marriage should be a private, civil contract between two people with no religion involved?

2. Buffy says:

One of the other contestants was asked about the government bailouts (another contentious issue over here) and I didn't hear her whining about it being too hot an issue for her. But then some people don't feel the need to cram their religion into everything either. Miss Jugs for Jesus is like the typical RRRW whacko. She thinks she can do whatever she want then cry "religious persecution" when she doesn't get her way.

3. shargraves says:

I find stupidity and bigotry quite unattractive and quite ugly traits….

….And plastic looking faces come to think about it!

4. Belar says:

I actually read the emails between Princess Prejean and her bosses, and I can guarantee if I ever talked to my employer in that manner, I would be fired as well. She essentially told them that she would show up to what she wanted when she wanted, and they would deal with it. I couldn't care less about her personal opinions (she certainly has the right to believe whatever nonsense she wants to believe), but as far as her contractual obligations are concerned, she absolutely violated them.

The trouble is she believes in "opposite marriage", so presumably her brain is wired up differently to that of any normal person. Anyway, what's a Born-again Believer doing in a beauty contest in the first case: don't they celebrate everything that Christians are supposed to find abhorrent?

6. Jim says:

She's got no chance here. Trump let the photo thing slide on his discretion but if she was not fulfilling her schedule, then I'd say, 'your fired!' as well. She was given a second chance which wasn't necessary.

7. asquith says:

Why doesn't she just pray that Jesus sorts the whole thing out? That seems to be right-whingers' solution to problems with healthcare, so surely they can apply it in other contexts too.

8. remigius says:

Yeah. But be honest, you wouldn't kick her out of bed on a cold night!

9. William Harwood says:

I don't see how this twat can criticise other people's recreational preferences. She claims to "love" (and we all know what that means in physical terms) a man who has been dead for 2,000 years. Isn't that what is called necrophilia?

Hmmm… well: I think you may not be speaking for quite all of us there, remigius!

"I will only surround myself with people who make me happy"! That one remark alone demonstrates the chasm which exists between the real world and the ickle fluffy bunny Kwistian world that this ignoramus inhabits!!

12. shargraves says:

Well I probably would actually remigius – fit-but-dims aren't usually that good in bed for starters & besides my wife is more attractive anyway…. and I never go for blondes.

Does that make me hairist?

13. Buffy says:

I would. Synthetic Barbie doll types have never appealed to me. Brainless bigoted ones are downright repellent.

14. remigius says:

You are totally barking up the wrong end of the stick there barriejohn. I was merely suggesting that if if was one of those bitterly cold nights that they have in California, and she only had a mauve string bikini to keep her warm, and I had a 13.5 tog duvet, then the decent, nay humane, thing to do would be to…

Oh why do I bother.

15. remigius says:

You are totally barking up the wrong end of the stick there barriejohn. I was merely suggesting that if it was one of those bitterly cold nights that they have in California, and she only had a mauve string bikini to keep her warm, and I had a 13.5 tog duvet, then the decent, nay humane, thing to do would be to…

Oh why do I bother.

16. remigius says:

You are totally barking up the wrong end of the stick there barriejohn. I was merely suggesting that if it was one of those bitterly cold nights that they have in California, and she only had a mauve string bikini to keep her warm, and if I had a 13.5 tog duvet, then the decent, nay humane, thing to do would be to…

Oh why do I bother.

17. seanmacdhai says:

attention whore. if she was a real "christian" she wouldn't be suing anyone. nuff said.

I think you're the one who's got the wrong end of the tree there, remigius – some of us are gay! And even if I weren't I think I'd still let the bitch freeze to death!! (It would be the "humane" thing to do!)

Carrie Prejean: Jeer In Ear Crap

20. wurble says:

Yes remigius, I did a google image search on her as well. Purely in the interest of science and research you understand!

I actually love Ms Jeer Pan, but not for the same reasons as remigius!

Here – I'm having loads of fun clicking on to that Associated Content News link and giving them the benefit of some common sense! (Thanks Barry.) Everthing I've posted so far has been deleted, I'm pleased to say (and I'm obviously not the only one), on the grounds that I'm "whining" and "intolerant", believe it or not! (This, I have pointed out, is akin to Ms Prejean's claims that she is being "persecuted", ie ridiculous!!) What the fascist pig in charge of this site doesn't seem to realize is that by deleting our comments and insulting us so publicly she is just making things worse for herself. How fortuitous!! This could run and run!!! (These people are so unbelievable that I've nearly run out of exclamation marks here. Anyone got any to spare?)

23. Ballanross says:

Yes, Belar, I agree. This is no way even for a bratty model showgirl to talk to her employers, let alone a humble and sacrificing servant of Jesus Christ, a woman, to speak to her employer.

Ex-Calif. beauty queen reveals nasty side in emails to state pageant’s executive director
    TRANSCRIPT: E-mails Between Carrie Prejean and Keith Lewis
    Released Wednesday, June 10, 2009
    Emails back and forth between San Diego’s Carrie Jean, Miss California USA 2009, and Keith Lewis, Executive Director of the Miss California USA state pageant, which is part of the Miss USA pageant system, which is owned by Donald Trump.

The state pageant paid for Carrie Jean’s counterfeit breasts (that’s a reference to christohet supremacists’ use of the intentionally demeaning and diminishing term “counterfeit marriage” to refer to same-gender marriages and civil unions) prior to her Miss USA pageant competition, which she lost spectacularly. Still, she shows the state pageant's executive director no respect, no gratitude or humility.

The California pageant was officially disappointed with Prejean’s post-loss behavior, but owner Trump ultimately exercised executive authority to over-ride pageant officials' opinions and let her keep her title.

Very recently, Trump had more evidence, realized his mistake, changed his mind (a rare thing for him because it means he made a mistake) and fired her, for breaking the terms of her contract enough times to thoroughly cover his ass.

So this hideous, brainless bimbo has thrown her toys out of the pram because she can’t get her way – ah what a shame! If she dumped the god junk and tried to use what little brain there is behind her plastic face, then perhaps she would realise that she has broken the terms of her contract – fact. But hey, the religious don’t like facts do they?

I am now a "hate-mongerer" apparently, because I am speaking out in favour of gay rights! Can you believe that one? These people must be inhabiting a parallel universe (or perhaps an "opposite" universe, as Ms Jeer Pan might put it!!).

I didn't realize that she had false boobs, Ballanross. How on earth can you enter a beauty pageant if you've had plastic surgery? I'm lost for words!

27. remigius says:

"'m lost for words!"

If only!

28. remigius says:

"I''m lost for words!"

If only!

29. KateV says:

That has certainly improved my opinion of Perez Hilton

It's only a temporary problem, I can assure you! "Normal Service Will Be Resumed As Soon As Possible"'. (And if you can remember THAT phrase you are showing your age!!)

31. Ballanross says:

The Miss California U.S.A. Pageant paid for their entrant, Carrie Jean, to have breast augmentation surgery before the Miss U.S.A. Pageant where she was… umm, deflated. But she still stayed Miss California U.S.A. and would still be if her head hadn't been turned so easily by the Rock mega-church's cult of personality pastor, and our anti-gay, anti-marriage enemies' tax-free wealth and willingness to keep her as their beauty queen in the ways she wants to be kept.

So the whole thing sort of "blew up in her face", so to speak?