Homo-hater Iris Robinson says Jesus and God have forgiven her adultery

LAST year, when we described Iris Robinson, wife of the First Minister of Northern Ireland, as “loopy”, we were far closer to the truth than we imagined.

At home with the Robinsons

In June, the rancid homophobe said she regarded homosexuality as an “abomination” that left her feeling “physically nauseous”.

Reacting to news that a local man, Stephen Smith, had been viciously attacked because he was gay, the bigoted Christian zealot suggested that he should consider “turn-around” therapy. Speaking on BBC Radio Ulster the MP condemned the attack but added:

I have a very lovely psychiatrist who works with me in my offices and his Christian background is that he tries to help homosexuals trying to turn away from what they are engaged in. And I have met people who have turned around to become heterosexual.

Today, Robinson – who has been married for 40 years – ‘fessed up to having had an affair while of an unsound mind, and said she would is stepping down from politics.

Claiming to have suffered a “serious mental illness”, Robinson said in a statement:

During this period of serious mental illness, I lost control of my life and did the worst thing that I have ever done. Over a year and a half ago, I was involved in a relationship. It began completely innocently when I gave support to someone following a family death.

I fought with those I love most – my children and friends; saw plots where none existed and conducted myself in a manner which was self-destructive and out of character.

According to this report, Robinson, who said she had tried to commit suicide following her affair, also considers herself “forgiven by God”.

35 Responses to “Homo-hater Iris Robinson says Jesus and God have forgiven her adultery”

1. RubberBaron says:

The seventh of the Ten Commandments, “Thou shalt not commit adultery” Exodus 20:14. Under the law of Moses the penalty was death by stoning. (Deuteronomy 22:21 ff, John 8:4,5). The seriousness of adultery is seen most clearly in the eternal punishment of those who commit the sin. An impenitent adulterer cannot go to heaven. Ephesians 5:5 says: “No whoremonger, no unclean person hath an inheritance in the Kingdom of Christ and of God.”

But, according to this loon, the Bible is wrong, she’s interpreted her faith to suit herself. Thus it ever was with this lot.

So how did her god forgive her, letter, email ‘phone? No it is all in her sick mind.

3. Petursey says:

I say we follow the book she lovingly quotes from and that she suffer the penalty for adultery.

I blogged about it earlier….it’s a time for a stoning in Belfast ! YES !

I’d just like to say that the news made my night…to see this vile pathetic twisted bigoted evil excuse for a woman be shown up for the hyprocrite she is was soooooo sweet !

I’m off collected big pebbles now..

Fundamentalist Northern Ireland MPs are an abomination:

6. Stuart W says:

Classic God-as-a-sock-puppet self-justification used by bigots and hypocrites to try and get around the awkward facts of their own ‘sinning’. Glad my sexuality makes her feel nauseous – she certainly gives as good as she gets on that front.

7. William Harwood says:

Unless the godphuqt fruitcake is younger than she looks, she is incapable of committing adultery. To the author of the commandments of Exodus 20, up to the writing of Le Morte D’Arthur, in which Lancelot tupped Guinevere but avoided committing adultery by withdrawing before ejaculation, adultery meant robbing a man of his right to pass on his inheritance to his biological heirs by fraudulently impregnationg his wife. Extra-marital copulation is not adultery by the original and only sane definition if (A) the woman is unattached and therefore has no legal owner to saddle with a cuckoo’s chick; (B) the woman is infertile for any reason, including being post-menopausal, pregnant, or on the pill; or (C) the man avoids intromission by using a condom or other means.
    The only reason the masses continue to regard a non-consequential act of recreation as a “sin” called adultery is that they have been godphuqt into believing that religious taboos do not need to have a logical reason, because “sin” is whatever a dice-tossing god says it is. That same thinking explains why Jews consider it a sin to eat a cheeseburger.

8. H. Davids says:

Too bad she’s been forgiven by her invisible friend! Iris being a woman of the good book surely would have volunteered for an old-fashioned stoning if she hadn’t been. Way to go, Xtians!!!

9. Ian says:

It is fortunate for Iris that her God has foregiven her, even more fortunate that her husband has done so, but no doubt disappointing that the electorate has not!

Bye bye, deluded Iris!

10. valdemar says:

Well, I just had a word with God, and He told me she’s lying and he’s going to burn her in hell on the end of a big toasting fork thingy. So it’s my word against hers, really.

11. Ryan says:

Must be nice to have your invisible friend forgive you whenever you like, damn I wish I had that option…

12. Tim Danaher says:

“I grieve that I have damaged my profession in Christ, but I am comforted that He was able to forgive even me.”

Aww. That was nice of him, wasn’t it?

Anyway Chaps & Chapesses, can I draw your attention to this poll that badly needs crashing?

It was prompted, I’m sure, by the thoroughly despicable actions of the harridan in the story linked below:

(It’s question of the week, so probably doesn’t have long left to run).

Isn’t it strange the way that the principles of all these gods so closely mirror the preconceptions and prejudices of their followers? It’s almost as if they’ve made up their deities and offloaded their own ideas onto them, isn’t it?

14. Tim Danaher says:

Indeed, BJ.

As Susan B. Anthony once said:

I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires.

15. Chris says:

In my experience people who rush into Christian forgiveness harbour resentment in the long term. I would give the relationship six months at the most.

16. Gerard says:

I know this is an athiest site, but go easy on the Christians here .. she is not representative. I’m not religious myself, but I understand that this type of ignorant, judgemental, holier than thou (PATHETIC) attitude is a personal one that uses religion as an excuse. Few Christians actually think this way.

17. LD says:

Was it the “very lovely psychiatrist who works with me in my offices” that she was shagging?

18. andrea says:

@Gerard. In my experience they all do it to a greater or lesser degree. They all preach hate when it suits them and figure that their interpretation of their god’s wishes can be the only correct one. Even if you remind them about turning the other cheek, coveting asses etc there’s always some convenient get-out clause.

@Gerard: I can’t argue with your experience, but for years I was a member of the Plymouth Brethren – a sect which is practically run by Irish fundamentalists of her ilk – and they were ALL like that!

20. tony e says:

She states ‘During this period of serious mental illness’. So what about her previous 60 yrs?

Why should we expect anything else? Under the patina of “respectibility” these punitive fundamentalists are seething with repressed lust and it has to go somewhere. Much towards hatred of anyone who does not share their views, another part of their conscience is eaten away with guilt and they are so ready to forgive themselves while attacking others.

22. Iris's little plaything says:

Ha! How the righteous mighty have fallen!! I wonder if she was trying to “cure” a gay man by offering her rancid inner bits on a plate? was the psychiatrist whom she so dearly refers to on hand to assess the performance? Or was she so sick of Pete “Meat Fists” Robinson beating her up that she had a fling?! Oh this is the best news of the year…nay decade! C’mon Iris ooohh C’mon Iris (sang to the choon of C’mon Eileen)

23. Scott says:

God hates the sin but loves the sinner.
    Iris has sinned as has everyone in the world at some time in their lives – we are all born with sin. Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God”
    As Jesus said, “let him who is without sin throw the first stone”
    Forgiveness is possible for any sin except the unforgiveable sin i.e. failing to recognise that the Lord Jesus Christ is God’s son and died on the cross to pay the price for your sins.
    1. You have to accept that you are a sinner(like everyone else)
    2. You have to ask the Lord to forgive your sins by accepting Jesus Christ as your saviour.
    3. Rely solely on the finished work of the Christ on the cross ie there is nothing we can do to earn favour with God.

Any sexual relationship is a sin except between a man and woman who are married to each other.

Eph 5 v5 refers to the sinner who hasnt turned away from their ie continue to be a whoremonger or adulterer etc. If a sinner is forgiven then he/she is no longer a whoremonger or adulterer – Christ’s blood was shed to cover these sins. Of course asking for forgiveness does not mean you are free to continue in sin. An analogy :All of us were school pupils at one stage then we left school and were no longer school pupils and after we left school we could no longer be described as school pupils. A forgiven adulterer or whoremonger is no longer an adulterer or whoremonger.

Someone mentioned the Plymouth Brethren – it is unfortunate if some of their legalistic approaches turn people away from Christ and the church. I know that is not their intention.

No-one should interpret God’s wishes – the Bible tells us clearly what God regards as sin – the 10 commandments, how no-one keep the commandments and how we can be forgiven of our sin, recieve eternal life and grow in our faith and when we die our soul goes to heaven instead of hell for all eternity.

Is this a send up? If it isn’t I have few questions:

1. The bible, by counting the begats in the Old Testament by James Usher, Archbishop of Armagh, concluded that God created the world on 23rd, October in 4004BCE – it was a Sunday. Any views?

2. We are all atheists because the believers deny the truth of any religion other than their own. So while you may think you are not an atheist all the believers in the few thousand religions on the planet today would regard you as such. Indeed, some would kill you for your unbelief.

3. Ever wondered why religions do not cross cultural boundaries? It is rare for someone in the West who has a religious conversion experience in which the deity has the head of an elephant and is painted blue. In India the blue headed elephant god has many devotees.

4. And, I will stop here, as most reading this are so familiar with what I am saying that I risk boring them. Ever wonder why we grow up, almost always, in the religion of our parents and culture. Why is that?

25. Neuseline says:

@Scott. In the immortal words of John McEnroe:

YOU CAN’T BE SERIOUS.

26. Neuseline says:

The wife of N Ireland’s first minister broke the law by not declaring a financial interest in her teenage lover’s cafe

Her lover was a boy of abt. 19 at the time, according to this BBC
    report. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8447383.stm.

A very good Christian, methinks.

27. Ian says:

@Scott. You’ve come to the wrong party!

28. shargraves says:

scott is a sick pervert by the looks of things! Wake up – no such thing as a “sin” – because there’s no such thing as adam and eve! Get an education.

And speaking of sick – 19 years old shagging a 59 year old. Gag! Now she is OK for her age I guess, if you ignore the hideous ugly mind she has, but it would take at least £50,000 for me to bone someone that age when I was 19….

… Oh yeah!

29. Gerard says:

@Scott. You’re the type of Christian I wasn’t referring to in my earlier post .. the type of Christian who quotes from the scriptures and percieves them as ‘Bible’ (so to speak), abandoning personal morality and reason. Personally, I think the holier than thou, highly judgemental outlook this gave Iris Robinson is her biggest ‘sin’ in all of this mess.

30. tony e says:

@Scott. If Christ’s blood was shed for my sin’s then I’m off to party all night long, but in his name, of course!

I think it has all been sorted now. Iris says god as forgiven her; and Peter says “I have done nothing wrong.”

Interesting the way their whining about their beliefs seems to fade into the background when they are exposed. The other aspect is the way most of us would be in the slammer for a fraction of what of these politicians do; they seem to think that by resigning that is the end of it.

32. Petursey says:

Oh dear..even worse sin for Iris now… according to the Telegraph the boytoy of Iris was a CATHOLIC !!!!!!!!!

Well he was probably used to older people (ie priests) having their way with him !!!

33. [...] now come to light that the god-fearing Iris Robinson, 60, obsessed with family values and made nauseous by homosexuality, is the living embodiment of the Mrs Robinson played by Anne Bancroft, who has an affair with the [...]

Petursey: Hey, a Catholic! Bad news. These Northern Irish bigots regard the Pope as the anti Christ. I am not entirely sure what the anti christ is but I don’t think Iris should be associating with one of his follwers.

35. nigel says:

having grown up in Northern Ireland, surrounded by creepy born again individuals, the response by Iris that God has ‘forgiven’ her is indicative of the self righteous mentality that exists amongst these self absorbed cretins. As for James McConnell, he is equally deluded by supporting this pretentious hyprocite and her husband, just because they are ‘bible believing’, which would seem to absolve them of any moral compass.. never mind, God has ‘forgiven’ them..what a bunch of idiots !!!