Muslim fanatic is to visit the UK, despite Tory vows to keep out hate preachers

MUSLIM hate-preacher and all-round imbecile Dr Zakir Naik, the “brains” behind the laughably-named Peace TV in India, is to be allowed into the UK to address followers in London’s Wembley arena and in Sheffield.

Naik’s inflammatory comments have led some moderate Muslims to call him a “truth-twister”.

One well-placed insider said:

Zakir Naik is a nasty man who makes Yusuf al-Qaradawi [who has been barred from Britain] look like a participant at a teddy bears’ picnic. He shouldn’t be allowed into the country to stir up hatred.

Home Secretary, Theresa May, is facing a stiff test of the Conservative party’s claims to oppose radical Islam after her officials chose to allow Naik into Britain.

Naik is reported to have called for the execution of Muslims who change their faith, described Americans as “pigs” and said that “every Muslim should be a terrorist” (see video below).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxk5AAA5FbI[/youtube]

In opposition, David Cameron and other senior Tories led criticism of the Labour government for allowing radical preachers into Britain to stir up hatred on lecture tours. Cameron also campaigned to get Yusuf al-Qaradawi, an Egyptian radical, banned from Britain.

Here’s my favourite Naik quote, taken from an earlier FT post:

Only eating of herbivorous animals is allowed by Islam. I agree that, what a person eats has an effect on his behaviour. This is one of the reasons why Islam prohibits the eating of carnivorous animals like lions, tigers, leopards, etc who are violent and ferocious. The consumption of the meat of such animals would probably make a person violent and ferocious. Islam only allows the eating of herbivorous animals like goats, cattle, sheep, etc  that are peaceful and docile. We Muslims eat peaceful and docile animals because we are peace-loving and non-violent people.

Cameron and May now face a political test over Naik.

The Home Office indicated that it was not planning to ban Naik, however.

According to reports in the Indian media, his organisation, the Islamic Research Foundation in Mumbai, was where Rahil Abdul Rehman Sheikh, suspected of being commander of a series of train bombings in Mumbai, and other alleged terrorists spent much of their time before the attacks.

The American terror suspect Najibullah Zazi, arrested last year for planning suicide attacks on the New York subway, is said to have been inspired by Naik’s YouTube videos.

The UK Border Agency said:

Each case is considered on its own merits. When assessing a visa application, we will consider the previous conduct of the individual and we will ensure the UK does not provide a platform for the promotion of violent extremism.We reserve the right to revoke someone’s visa if they are found to be promoting extreme views which are contrary to UK values.

Meanwhile it is reported here that counter terrorism officers are probing Al Qaeda threats to bomb England’s first World Cup match against the United States.

Extremists mocked up a ticket for the game splashed with blood and produced a map of South Africa with six cities ringed to indicate other targets. A map shows cities including Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg ringed and symbols representing explosions. The threats were made in Arabic on a secret website used by Al Qaeda

Accompanying text says:

To the Christian dogs in South Africa: it seems that you did not worry when we said that your blood will be spilled when we destroy the stadiums in South Africa.

Dutch footballing authorities have already banned their players’ partners from travelling to South Africa because of a threat against their squad.

And last week, the US State Department warned there was a “heightened risk” of an attack during the World Cup and urged all its citizens going to South Africa to sign up to an alert system.

England’s first match against the US on June 12 is seen as especially vulnerable because the two nations are equally hated by militants. Both MI6 and MI5 are trying to identify Al Qaeda operatives in Africa.

Liverpool winger Dirk Kuyt has spoken of his “absolute terror” of playing in South Africa with the Dutch side.

He said:

Some players don’t want to pick up the news but I do and this whole thing is terrifying but I must put my faith in the security people.

Neil Doyle, a security expert, said:

Sporting events appear to be in the crosshairs… The World Cup could offer a wide range of attractive targets.

Hat Tip: BarrieJohn and Alan

UPDATE: (June 18) Zakir Naik has been banned from entering the UK.

36 Responses to “Muslim fanatic is to visit the UK, despite Tory vows to keep out hate preachers”

1. Har Davids says:

Eating docile animals makes you peace-loving? One step further to peacefulness would be being a vegetarian and not eat animals at all. Of course, Adolf Hitler was a vegetarian and most of us know what he did.

2. pipkin1972 says:

I think this is the same idiot who said something along the lines of “every book i see on evolution says theory of evolution not fact of evolution”.
    Quick test to check if people like this are allowed to enter other countries,if they don’t know what theory means they reject science and therefore are not allowed any of it’s benefits including modern travel.
    Actually if they were true to their word entering countries wouldn’t be an issue because they would have all killed themselves off through their rejection of medicine.
    Obviousley this would include christian creationists and anybody else promoting ignorance as a virtue.

3. Synchronium says:

Har Davids: The only plants that actually works for are cannabis and the opium poppy. :)

No, this is the best, Barry:

“The pig is the most shameless animal on the face of the Earth. It is the only animal that invites its friends to have sex with its mate.

“In America, most people consume pork. Many times after dance parties, they have swapping of wives. Many say, ‘You sleep with my wife and I will sleep with your wife’. If you eat pigs then you behave like pigs.”

You have to wonder whether he is allowed out on his own without a responsible adult in attendance!

I have a theory that he is actually a comedian and people haven’t cottoned on to the fact yet!!

6. Alan says:

“Every Muslim should be a terrorist” “If Osama is fighting America then I am with him”. Presumably they have computers at the UK border agency and can here his rhetoric. This alone should bar him from entering the UK.

He obviously is coming to tell Muslims it is their duty to hate this country and condone terrorism. We already have enough home grown loonies like Anjem Choudray we don’t need clowns like this stirring up hatred

Does anyone know what he is a Doctor of? Is it the same kind of Doctorate’s of Billy Graham and Jerry Falwell as in a self-awarded one which some “Christian” or “Islamic” Universities has given them.

7. Urmensch says:

Har, really? the old argumentum ad Hitlerum?
    In actual fact, Hitler wasn’t a vegetarian. It is recorded by his biographers that he loved game, ham, bavarian sausage, liver, and particularly loved squab (young pigeon).
    The Hitler as vegetarian myth might have arisen because he occasionally went vegetarian on the advice of his doctors because of his chronic flatulence and sweating due to diet.
    Goebbels is supposed to have encouraged this myth, along with stories that he was abstinent from alcohol and women, to foster an image of ascetic dedication to the cause of Germany.
    The reality was anything but.

As a lifelong vegetarian I find the old Hitler thing annoying.

Funnily enough, I once worked with a load of Muslims who tried to make out that it was my vegetarianism that made me gay. They claimed you have to eat meat to be a real man.
    On some level I’ve always suspected a similar motivation with many other meat-eaters . It is like something talismanic akin to wearing a leather jacket. Showing you’re at the top of the food chain.

I do realise that most people do it just because it tastes good and out of habit.

8. Urmensch says:

barriejohn,
    I wonder then if Muslims are at all bothered by the research into how many animals are homosexual. Particularly sheep. If pigs make you go wife-swapping why wouldn’t a gay sheep affect you.

Scratch the surface and religion is just magical thinking.

9. NoName says:

These crackpots are everywhere! We don’t see too many of them in Aus, and when we do they usually get ridiculed a bit and then they are gone.

10. NeoWolfe says:

Well, it seems to me yet another example of western culture trying to play “nice war”. Surgical strikes with minimal collateral damage. Now they are trying to play free speech in the “war on terrorism”. Well okay. But, I have this cartoon of Muhammed sucking Allah’s dick. Under these rules, I think that should be okay, true????

NeoWolfe

11. Broadsword says:

The guy’s a nutter. I’ve emailed the Home Office to express my disapproval here:

public.enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

12. Broadsword says:

If you are one of Theresa May’s constituents, this may be a more direct route to the minister:

I’m also in touch with my local MP.

13. alec s thompson says:

im thinking about going over to the edl site to suggest they protest this excrable excuse of a human being. They seem to be the only group with balls enough to stand up to scum like him, who seek to further divsion in an already fractured society. The lib/con gov are just as bad as zanu labour here! Why on earth has he he been given a visa ffs! These Dhimmi civil servants deserve to be sacked and their gold plated pensions revoked imho.

Alan: It didn’t take long to find the answer to your question.

Zakir Abdul Karim Naik (Urdu: ذاکر عبدالکریم نائیک, Hindi: ज़ाकिर अब्दुल करीम नायक; born 18 October 1965) is a Muslim public speaker, and writer on the subject of Islam and other comparative religion. Naik is a medical doctor by profession, having attained a Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) from the University of Mumbai.

Naik is the founder and president of the Islamic Research Foundation (IRF), a non-profit organization which also owns and broadcasts the free-to-air global Peace TV channel from Mumbai.

Naik was born in Mumbai, India. He attended St. Peter’s High School (ICSE) in the city of Mumbai. Later he joined the Kishinchand Chellaram College and then studied medicine at Topiwala National Medical College and Nair Hospital in his native city and received his MBBS degree from the University of Mumbai. In 1991 he started working in the field of Da’wah, or proselytizing Islam.

What a waste of a potentially useful life!

It is good to see that many Muslims have seen through Naik:

Khushwant Singh, a prominent Indian journalist, politician and author argues that Naik’s pronouncements are “juvenile” and said that “they seldom rise above the level of undergraduate college debates, where contestants vie with each other to score brownie points”.
    Singh replied to Zakir Naik’s statement that “Western society claims to have uplifted women. On the contrary, it has actually degraded them to the status of concubines, mistresses, and society butterflies who are mere tools in the hands of pleasure seekers and sex marketers….” by saying “Dr. Naik, you know next to nothing about the Western society and are talking through your skull cap. People like you are making the Muslims lag behind other communities.” Singh also noted that Naik’s audiences “… listen to him with rapt attention and often explode in enthusiastic applause when he rubbishes other religious texts …”

Lucknow based cleric Kalbe Jawad argued that “Naik is bringing a bad name to Muslims. Such people should be condemned and socially boycotted” and claimed that Naik was being financed by the Wahabi sect that supposedly perpetrates violence in the name of Islam and expressed the need for an inquiry into, how Naik was running a TV channel on his own and where he received the funds from. Another Lucknow cleric Naib Imam Maulana Khalid Rasheed Firangi Mahali claimed that Naik has “mugged up some verses from the Koran and pretends to be an Islamic scholar”.

In August 2008, Darul Uloom Deoband issued a fatwa stating: “The statements made by Dr Zakir Naik indicate that he is a preacher of Ghair Muqallidin. One should not rely upon his speeches.”

The Shariah Board of America has also issued more than 20 fatwas against Naik on their website. They believe Naik has gone astray, as he is not a scholar and issues Islamic teachings without authority or any knowledge to do so, which is dangerous to Islam; “Naik is known for discussions on comparative religions. He is not a qualified Aalim of deen. His comments on fiqh have no merit. If it is true that he condemned the fiqh of the Imams, then that in itself is a clear indication of his lack of fiqh and understanding of Shairah. We have come across a fatwa from Darul Ifta Jamia Binnoria, Pakistan regarding Zakir Naik not being a certified Aalim of Deen. He should consult with Ulama in his endeavor of propagating deen.”

In November 2008 the Lucknow based cleric Abul Irfan Mian Firangi Mahali issued a fatwa against Naik, describing Naik as a “Kafir” (non-believer) and stating in the fatwa, that Naik should be ex-communicated from Islam. He argued that “Naik is not an Islamic scholar. His teachings are against the Koran. In his speeches, he insults Allah and glorifies Yazeed, the killer of Imam Hussain” and that Naik had supported Laden and called upon all Muslims to become terrorists. Naik, however, said that his speeches were misquoted and that he was allegedly targeted by people with vested interests and said of the fatwa “fatwas mean nothing. They should also issue fatwas against Imam Bukhari. Some clerics who have limited understanding of Islam are doing these things. It doesn’t affect me”. The All-India Sunni Board and Sheikh Abdul Qadir Jilani Foundation have also defended Naik.

16. shargraves says:

As far as I can see, undoubtedly this man a total fuckwit, but should he be banned, just because he’s a moronic caveman with a brainful of shit, terrible delivery style, and speeches littered with assumptions, innaccuaricies and downright lies?

I’m all for freedom of speech, but is it likely this cretin is coming here to provoke violence? Can he be that stupid? Surely if he did – he’d be arrested and dealt with accordingly.

If we ban him – aren’t we as bad as the shouty crackers muslims who got geert wilders banned?

Is there reasonable evidence to suspect hes here to incite violence?

Is he on a book tour or has he got a dvd out?

17. shargraves says:

Ah – crossposting – I didn’t see the wiki info. I guess this kwizatz haderach’s not the muad dib and won’t take the gom jabbar. Or whatever that gibberish was.

Still – a world reknowned jackass – should he be banned? I’m not a fan of bans – thats rather too much like the opposition.

18. NeoWolfe says:

Bjohn,

Why the hell is someone with a Bachelor’s degree being addressed as a doctor? He must have gone to the same school as harwood.

I want to express my appreciation for your research. Good stuff. It’s hard work tracking down the facts.

But, I’m leaning slightly toward Shargraves, don’t gag the idiots, because then you miss the opportunity to photograph all the idiots that show up to applaud them. Useful intelligence.

NeoWolfe

19. gsw says:

I see no reason not to let him in. Monitor his appearances. One wrong word and he’s arrested for hate speech; Fine him a HUGE amount of money (millions) for “inciting to discrimination” and kick him out again.

Do this to EVERY SINGLE HATE PREACHER! The UK could almost pay off its debts if it fined Ratzinger a few thousand every time he insinuated that atheists are not entitled to human rights. (But make him pay his own fare here.)

Ah, but then if they were really able to think logically and act bravely then they would have proper jobs and not be mere politicians.

20. Broadsword says:

I like your idea gsw, but can I tweak just a bit?
    Insist that Naik must deliver all his speeches whilst riding a spacehopper or pogo stick. Under those circumstances I might go see him myself.

NeoWolfe: Bachelors of Medicine/Surgery can use the courtesy title of Doctor.

Does anyone really think that this guy believes all this twaddle that he is spouting? I mean to say: a man with medical qualifications teaching that people who eat pork will have loose morals! When I read that people whoop and cheer at his “lectures” it seemed clear to me that he is just giving the ignorant masses what they want, without believing any of it himself, and soaking up the adulation, much as many Christian evangelists seem to be be doing. If he really believed that he was going to face some sort of tribunal after his death wouldn’t he be wanting to put his intelligence and training to use and do some good in the world?

22. Broadsword says:

barriejohn

I’ve used the term “Professional Christians” before, but it hadn’t occurred to me there might be ” Professional Muslims” too. I suppose you get such people whipping up the faithful in all religions. Most are risible, but what is said is often crafted to inflame a bigoted audience for their personal pleasure or advancement.
    None are harmless.

23. Stonyground says:

I quite like this idea of eating an animal and taking on some of its attributes. Will eating more fish make me a good swimmer? Rabbit pie should improve my sex drive and fertility. Hell, if I eat pidgeon I’ll be able to fly. Does anyone know of any animal that is really good at playing the piano? The fact that sheep and goats are known for an extreme lack of intelligence seems to have been lost on this guy.

24. NeoWolfe says:

Bjohn said:

” a man with medical qualifications teaching that people who eat pork will have loose morals!”

Well, I eat pork occasionally, and I admit that by religious standards, I have loose morals. But, I really believe that if I ate halal or kosher, I would still be a pervert. As I get older, though, there are a few warm holes I am no longer interested in sticking my dick in. But, that’s beside the point.

My point was, let the fundie attract his crowd, and then the covert James Bonds can figure out who the “at risk” fundies are and round them up, or put them on round the clock surveillance. Everybody wins.

NeoWolfe3

25. […] Death threats against man who renounced Islam at a Naik lecture in the Maldives Hello there! If you are new here, you might want to subscribe to the RSS feed for updates on this topic.Powered by WP Greet Box WordPress Plugin“APOSTATE” Mohamed Nazim has been taken into custody and threatened with death in the Muslim-majority north Asian nation of Maldives after declaring his atheism at a lecture given by lunatic Islamic hate-preacher Dr Zakir Naik, who is soon due to tour the UK. […]

26. 1984 says:

Neil DeGresse Tyson is an atheist right? Seems to me to be the perfect role model for many, and not just blacks.

I think you’ve posted on the wrong thread, 1984!

28. Miss Leghari says:

This article does not contain facts.. If anything, its the one spreading hate… Most of the things portrayed here were never preached by Zakir Naik. Although I do not agree with many of his views, he is NOT a hate-preacher.. Try listening to his speeches and be the better judge.. anyways, we will see what he has to say..
    The man is a true scholar, he has learnt countless religious texts including the Quran, Bible Torat etc.. you can’t argue with him Swear, he can prove you wrong at almost anything. I dare the author of this article to have the audacity to put this in front of him.
    In my opinion it is the author of this article who is a hate-monger.. and everybody else is simply believing what they read.

As for why the pork is banned.. its a belief in Islam.. let it be. you can consume as much pork as you want, we got no objections =)

Spread peace not hate!

29. Imran says:

God bless Dr Zakir Naik!

SUBHANALLAH

30. Imran says:

Thankyou Miss Leghari

Couldn’t agree More

31. Shah says:

By reading the comments seems like the story I read when I was a kid,

That the bird taken your ear and this man is running behind the bird without checking whether its really taken or not.

There are plenty of Dr Zakir Naiks videos on youtube.com. Have a look, dont fool yourself like EDL. All you are promoting is violence.

32. yusaf says:

we muslims love humanity before saying anything about mr naik you should read about him i think the best place to know about him is youtube

33. Barry Duke says:

Believe me, Yusaf, I have watched Naik on YouTube, and – you know what? – those vids confirm that the man is a complete moron. I have seen more intelligent pigs. Naik’s only talent is to talk shit by the shovelful.

34. Farooq says:

Miss Leghari summed it up niceley.
    If he was a hate preacher why would he come here he could have gone to cave like usama tin laden. He preaches truth, thats the reason many muslims Mullas hate him and pick his words without context.

prove is here ring this no for free tickets of his speach
    0121 3270227
    they will give you tix if u say u are non muslim.

35. MAD Russian says:

Zakir Naik Is a good Man …. he is Well Versed In Most religions As Leghari pointed Out.. I Do agree With Some Of The things Though Said by Bjohn And Broad Sword (and Yes I Am muslim)…Not All Of It BUt some Of it.. But u Gotta Realise u have not met The man So u cant base Your Judgement By Just Watching Some Clips… Its Like Me saying Social Darwinism Is A Load Of Bullocks Without Actually Reading About It… I Used to be an Atheist converted to Islam… Cause I did not see the sense that we came from nothing my common sense told me there is a God…. Naik Has a tendency to go overboard sometimes but he means well..In my Experiences I have seen Americans,British Etc Stir up HAte Speech Not All of them But Quite a Few… And Then the Muslim populatioun Who Should Be Noted Is a Very Sensitive Race React Voilently and Listen To any Twit Who comes With a slogan Of Anti America And Anti Britain.