Britain wakes up at last to home-grown Islamists’ war on freedom and democracy

IN WHAT turned out to be the biggest anti-sharia law demonstration ever staged in the UK, hundreds of  people gathered in London on Sunday to support the One Law for All rally to show their opposition to Sharia and other religious-based laws in Britain and elsewhere, and to demand universal rights, equality and secularism.

A new report – “Sharia Law in Britain: A Threat to One Law for All and Equal Rights” – was published to coincide with the rally.

Maryam Namazie was delighted by the support she received at the rally

Human rights activist Gita Sahgal said of the report:

I think it is highly significant that in Britain there has been silence where there should have been condemnation … This campaign stands at the heart of a debate over the future of Britain. It also stands at the heart of global attempts to destroy the most basic rights, to invade liberty and to crush equality.

Maryam Namazie, spokesperson of the One Law for All Campaign and an author of the Sharia Law in Britain report, said:

The existence of a parallel legal system that is denying a large section of the British population their fundamental human rights is scandalous. Our findings show that it is essential to abolish all religious courts in the UK. Their very existence and legitimisation puts pressure on vulnerable women not to assert their civil rights in a British court. As long as Sharia Councils and Tribunals are allowed to continue to make rulings on issues of family law, women will be pressured into accepting decisions which are prejudicial to them and their children.

And Women’s rights campaigner Yasmin Rehman pointed out :

We Muslims have been a part of the UK for many, many years but the generations before me did not feel the need for or call for segregation in the way that is being demanded now.

Anna Waters of One Law for All’s Legal Team said:

Any reasonable interpretation of the Human Rights Act shows us that there are certain things that it doesn’t allow – and one of the things it doesn’t allow is for a woman to have an inferior or second class status when she stands before a judge in a court of law. This is exactly what is happening [in Sharia courts] …

And Gerard Phillips of the National Secular Society added that Sharia Law was:

Nothing less than an attack on human rights and on equality. It undermines our democracy. It must be opposed.

Protestors then joined a march organised by Iran Solidarity to the Iranian embassy.

Two Islamic extremists pictured among the counter-demonstrators

Ironically, the strongest case for opposing Sharia was made by a noisy band of Islamist nutters who gatherered in opposition to the rally.

The foam-flecked, swivel-eyed Al-Muhajiroun clowns yelled, pointed and held aloft ridiculous banners bearing slogans like “Our way (Sharia) or the Highway”, “You attack Islam when you attack Sharia” and “Democracy is Cancer – Islam is the Answer”.

There are some excellent photographs of the event here.

Hat tip: Graham, who was present at the rally

21 Responses to “Britain wakes up at last to home-grown Islamists’ war on freedom and democracy”

1. Broadsword says:

We don’t want medieval laws here. If muzzies want Islamic courts dishing out barbaric punishments there are plenty of Middle Eastern countries they’ll feel at home in. I’m glad that dhimmi Archbishop of Canterbury and jihad apologist Rowan Williams kept his trap shut as well: http://www2.b3ta.com/host/creative/55979/1212757158/BashTheBishop.jpg

Some of the demo pics prove beyond all doubt we evolved from apes. Let’s be fair, I think most of us are one rung up the ladder from Al-Muhajiroun members.

Here’s my contribution to free speech. I posted it at the end of the last Islam article. Should have saved it for this one. I’m a dead man:

2. Buffy says:

Imagine if all these religiots who insist theocracy is the way to go were to be rounded up, put on and island and forced to live according to their religious laws. They’d kill each other off within a few weeks to a few months, and the rest of us could live in peace.

Islam Is The Answer

What was the question then? What is the most ridiculous, infantile, fucked-up religion that anyone has yet invented?

4. ZombieHunter says:

the trouble is that anyone who does question Islam in any way shape or form gets labelled as a racist or an islamophobe and for a long time it was only arseholes like the BNP and lager louts like the EDL who were speaking out against islam and gaining more support, if we had more protests like this not only would there be a rational voice speaking out against islam but less support for the far right.

5. Alan says:

@ BarrieJohn The question is on what basis you can get away with the most extraordinary outrages to truth and morality in Britain today? And go around telling everyone else they must conform to your ideals, and not offend them

6. ZombieHunter says:

I just watched that report on kremlin TV (russia today, seriously they make fox look moderate) and see the EDL did turn up and weren’t welcome by anyone found that hilarious :P.

I would like a clearer and more balanced report though I mean did the EDL get arrested because they had no permission to be there (since when did you need permission to protest in a democracy?) or did they get arrested because they started acting like the lager louts and football hooligans they are? and just where do UAF stand?? protesting the BNP and EDL is one thing but are they so blinded to the fascism being pushed by extremist muslims?

7. Jen says:

Zombiehunter:

I always laugh at the charges of racism. Which race am I supposed to be opposed to? The one in Albania? Or Morocco? Or Indonesia? And what race might that be? Ideas/ideology =/= race.

8. NeoWolfe says:

As an American, I can state that there is hard law on the books that states that every citizen is beholden under the law, equally. However, before I seem to sound smug or superior, let me say, that having such a law on the books side by side with constitutional guarantees of freedom of religion is problematic at best. Fundamentalist Mormons form societies in western US and southern Canada and practice polygamy and expell the “lost boys” who didn’t measure up with their religious zeal. The fogies fuck the hotties, that’s how it works. But, to the best of my memory, only one of their pedophile leaders has ever been brought to justice. Warren Jeffs, and even his conviction seemed in doubt.

I see another parallel, if an orthodox Jewish woman in the US wants to divorce her husband, she must take it before a council of rabbis and receive their approval. The extent of their authority is go to the husband and request his approval. Without it, it is almost automatically denied. If she procedes with legal divorce, she will be shunned by friends and family.

Lesson learned: Religion fucks shit up where ever it is found.

NeoWolfe

Notice how all photographs of muzzie extremists [like the one above] show the hate and violence facial expression, appropriate for the religion of peace eh? This bunch of insecure, misogynistic prats are terrified of losing their power over women; I suggest that is the root of their problem. The fundie xtians, jews etc are just as bad.

10. Graham Martin-Royle says:

What was very interesting in the Russian report which I didn’t see anywhere else in the news was the UAF march where they are quite clearly demonstrating FOR sharia law. They just lost any support the had from me. I am against the EDL, they are using islam as an excuse to have a go at anyone with a black or brown skin, but it would appear that UAF despite their name are not something to be supported either as they are fascists themselves. I find it surprising that so many from the left are blindly supporting anything from the muslim community without even thinking about what it is they are supporting. Islam is no friend of the left (actually, it’s no friend of anything).

11. MrMonist says:

“Man Made Laws go to Hell!”

Er… every law ever created has been “man made”…

Didn’t I read that dear, fusty and very mixed up in his desperate attempts to appease everyone – Rowan Williams – thought there was a case for sharia law. Or was that just a bad dream?

Then, of course, there is our home grown, fill my boots with loadsa gifts from the muslim wealthy, Charles Windsor, who is also a supporter of sorts?

13. Brian Jordan says:

It’s come to a pretty pass when we have to look to Russia for a report on this rally. It seems to have gone unnoticed by the UK press. Has self-censorship taken a further turn?

14. Stonyground says:

Brian, our mainstream media is an absolute disgrace. Fortunately the internet is gradually rendering them obsolete. It will be interesting to see if the MSM will simply continue to get worse and slowly die or pull its collective finger out and start to compete with the internet by improving.

15. alec s thompson says:

ok, I’ll bite,
    The ONLY demos iv’e been on are march for england & southward mind & , nap just them, but; your sanctamoanious middle class bullshit won’t save you now, commies! Your trouble is that your/university educated.

16. alec s thompson says:

whoops I’m well pIssed, come on england !

17. NeoWolfe says:

alec, I guess I was confused when you said:

“Your trouble is that your/university educated”

As opposed to what? Headbanging madrassas? If you had a point, I think you failed to make it.

NeoWolfe

18. kevinr says:

Stoneyground. You’re absolutely right the BBC news and others are an absolute joke and actually seek to misinform by using terms like asian instead of Muslim so as not to offend (If I was asian I would be well pissed off by this)

I might not like the EDL but at least they are raising an issue, that many don’t want us to discuss, Islamisation and Sharia (why is that?) whereas the UAF seem completely hoodwinked and ignorant about their Islamic bedfellows

Zombie hunter: I think the terms like racist and islamaphobe have lost their meaning, Firstly, Islam is not a race (if anything it’s a hate cult) so one cannot be racist in opposing it, and secondly it seems perfectly reasonable to me to oppose an ideology that prescribes death to outsiders and is quite prepared to carry out atrocities on our streets. If I get accused of being either, I consider it a compliment.

19. alec s thompson says:

well I’ve had time to think about this (now I’m sober) your mostly left wing viewsand comments have made my blood boil!
    Do you all live in a culturally enriched area? I do.
    Does Where you live if your white british make you an ethnic minority? I do. have you been mugged 3 times buy said enriched persons? I have. why do you think I now own a rotweiller?
    The edl is just a response to a government that no longer cares about the working classes. We’ve seen immigrants getting more of your tax money than our communities ffs! We’ve seen them getting more rights than we have. People are getting angry!
    The edl is a reaction to islington middle class fuckwits who don’t listen to us. Zanu labour has a lot to answer 4!!most of your comments reek of snobboery’ both intellectually and class wise.
    twats like you should be forced to live on ‘enriched’ council estates to see what the working classes have to put up with!
    And yes, I’ve read the quran and hadith!
    @ neo wolf, agree.