Our Imbecile of the Week award goes to fundie nutter Eugene Delgaudio

WHO is Eugene Delgaudio?

Republican moron Eugene Delgaudio

The Merino-faced numpty is an obscure Republican politician in Virginia who made a complete berk of himself this week with the latest of his moronic anti-gay outbursts.

The über-conservative Delgaudio is convinced that airport security “pat-downs” are part of “a wide-scale homosexual agenda”, and in an e-mail sent in his capacity as President of the conservative non-profit and completely lame-brained Public Advocate of the United States, denounced the Transport Security Administration’s non-discrimination policy as:

The federal employee’s version of the Gay Bill of Rights.

And he added that the next person who pats you down at the security gate could be a homosexual:

Getting pleasure from your submission.

Public Advocate promotes “American family values” homophobia, xenophobia, misogyny and the like, and Delgaudio represents Sterling on the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors.

Earlier, the twat reportedly said the “homosexual agenda” in Congress promotes same-sex marriages and adoptions, which would lead to:

Men hand-in-hand skipping down to adoption centers to ‘pick out’ a little boy for themselves.

Hat tip: Alan B

26 Responses to “Our Imbecile of the Week award goes to fundie nutter Eugene Delgaudio”

1. Lucy says:

Only a really screwed up Christian could have thought of this one. words fail me

@Lucy

Might he be a severely repressed homosexual like Ratzi? Poor old Ratzi seems to have his true sexual feelings so deeply repressed that they force themselves into the most perverse behaviour. This nutter has definitely got a severe emotional/psychological/intellectual problem. In other words deeply insecure/immature and unbalances/brain dead.

Why do these religionuts all have that particlure pose: head pushed slightly forward and a pair of gnashers that my dog would envy.

3. mikespeir says:

Now, now. You’re just reading him wrong. Didn’t you notice the good-natured smile?

4. JohnMWhite says:

At least he’s not too far behind the curve when it comes to latching on to something topical for the sake of being thought of as relevant. It’s not like he’s still lambasting Twilight and Harry Potter.

5. tony e says:

What I want to know is who is taking bets that he will be caught going on holiday with a male friend who is there to help him with his luggage?

6. Daz says:

Clearly Delgaudio’s so repressed that he can’t conceive of any physical contact without attaching a sexual fantasy to it. Wonder if it gives him a ‘bona’… (Sorry! I couldn’t resist.) Is it me or does his fantasy of the (probably very camp) homosexual grinning blissfully whilst performing security checks sound like something out of a Carry On movie? I can picture Kenneth Williams in the part…

tony e: I’ve started the stopwatch.

7. Daz says:

Oh damn, I missed the time-out. Anyone wondering about my ‘bona’ pun should google ‘julian and sandy polari bona’. That should find you an explanation. To be honest it wasn’t that good a pun anyway, mind.

8. Sorbus says:

The Washington Post has the following in an article about this:

He said supervisors have been “pretty blunt” in disassociating themselves with him, which doesn’t bother him. He linked his behavior at board meetings to lingering resentment over a December political controversy involving Christmas displays at the courthouse.

“Why am I so animated?” he said. “I am still angry, and I am still mad about them taking away the Nativity. They think they can get away with it. They are being held responsible by me.”

so predictable…

@tony e.

Or a similar situation. I was in the pub the other evening and the discussion, after a few pints, turned to repressed sexuality and in particular homosexuality which, often for religious reasons, cannot be revealed. I was surprised when this comment was made about my views, “You don’t really believe that about the Pope and priests but you like to stir the shit about religion.” I realised that what in fact I do believe is regarded by some (many?) people as no more than an unfounded provocation.

The idea that the Pope really is a repressed homosexual seems to them impossible. It is an interesting issue, at least for myself, that what many writing here might take as entirely feasible and even likely needs to be approached rather differently in, as I would see it, less informed quarters.

10. Buffy says:

He looks pretty light in the loafers himself. He’s probably another rabid closet case.

11. David Anderson says:

@ Daz

Oh yes, definitely Kenneth Williams with John Inman standing by with that smile on his face.

12. Daz says:

Broga:

I get that even from what you might call ‘casual atheist’ friends. The perception seems to be that I just like to cause a stir. Even after I direct them to U.S. Bible-belt blogs where atheists have to hide their real identity for fear of social ostracism, or worse, they just don’t seem to get it.

Daz: It’s already been done!

I didn’t realize where their inspiration came from until I read Barry’s article – hahaha!!!

Broga: People still have a very deep-seated belief that religious people are moral, selfless, and devoted. It will take a lot to shift that. Maybe it’s something that they NEED to believe! I was even called “a bigot” on another site recently – can you believe that?

(PS Bet we can all guess what Delgaudio dreams about at night!!)

Now everyone’s getting in on the act!

And the CAPTCHA Code is PAT4, believe it or not!!

16. tony e says:

Daz/Broga,

Further to your points.

In conversation with my father at a funeral the other day, he was surprised when I told him that I have asked one of my cousins to deal with my funeral arrangements should I die.

Despite numerous conversations over the years about religion, I get the impression he thinks it’s just a phase I am going through, albiet one lasting since I was about 11. When I say to him that I want a humanist ceremony, I think he hears ‘Oh good, C of S, and what hymns do you want?’

I’ve taken to making a written statement, signed by 2 witnesses, making my wishes clear, the songs I want (anything by new model army) and that I have requested that my cousin deals with my funeral. This is now in with my will.

17. tony e says:

@Marcus,

From previous emails.

I’ve just sent Bob Hutton a christmas greeting
    at 0025. Lets see how long it lasts. About 1/1000th
    second.

18. Daz says:

Barriejohn: That video is hilarious. The dead serious news story is bloody well done. It took me a minute to realise it was a spoof.

Tony e: I sent him one yesterday telling him to either post all my comments or stop notifying me when he puts up new posts. Well, he hasn’t done the former…

Daz: A lot of people still think it’s outrageous that the guy was arrested just for ejaculating!

(Though some thought that he was a bit silly for not removing his piercings before going through the detector – doh!!)

20. gsw says:

Surely even he must realise that this implies that, as a heterosexual, he cannot be trusted with little girls?

Rather like the liar who finds it difficult to believe anyone else would ever tell the truth. Just another nut without a dictionary.

21. Newspaniard says:

When they named his organization, had anyone told them about the publication, “The Advocate”?

22. Mike says:

Those are American family values, ask any American TV host/political commentator, even the good ones will agree that most religious Americans are like this and proud of it.

Don’t like this, show us the evidence that it’s is incorrect.

23. Maria Byrne says:

Words fail me.

I am actually laughing, fundamentalism just took on a new form, if that is even remotely possible.

Lesbian and glad to receive and give pat downs….

Maria Byrne

Daz: I do remember Julian and Sandy. I think we all know why Kenneth Williams kept repeating “Bona!Bona!Mr’Orne!”. Of course, I didn’t know anything about Polari at the time, though I loved their outrageous humour even in those days, but how on earth did they get away with “I’ve had my hand in a dirty dish all morning” (Bona Restaurant)?

25. jay says:

sheesh.

As someone who is rabidly opposed to this bizarre security theater, TSA thuggery and trampling of the 4th amendment, I really don’t want this idiot anywhere near my side.

It’s disturbing though. At one point I thought the public would have enough spine to stand up and shout enough to this BS, but sadly, now, there does not seem to ANY type of degradation that the American public won’t accept if they’re told it’s for their safety. And still believe that they live in a free society.

By next year we’ll have to lick the boots of the TSA officers to prove we’re loyal Americans before boarding a plane.

26. peter donnelly says:

take a good long hard look at him. Really stare hard. He’s got no soul and he looks like he’s nursing a touch of depression.