Iran makes threatening noises over BBC documentary, The Life of Muhammad

ALL you need to know about the inventor of Islam – a blood-thirsty, pig-headed monster called Mohammed or Muhammad, if you prefer – is contained between the covers of Abdulla Aziz’s brilliant comic book depiction of the “prophet”.

But a far more deferential depiction of a lunatic who believed that hell was mainly populated by women, and that a group of Israelites had been turned into pigs and monkeys, is about to be unleashed on BBC 2 viewers.

The Life of Muhammad, according to this report, was commissioned by its first Muslim head of BBC religion programming, Aaquil Ahmed, and is narrated by Rageh Omar, a correspondent for Al-Jazeera English.

Despite the fact that the BBC has bent over backwards not to ruffle Islamic feathers – no images of the madman, for example, are featured in the three-part documentary – feathers have indeed been all mussed up in Iran.

The Minister of Cultural and Islamic Guidance, Mohammad Hosseini,  has attacked the series, saying the “enemy” was attempting to “ruin Muslims’ sanctity”.

Speaking to Iran’s semi-official Fars news agency, the imbecile said:

The BBC’s decision to make a documentary on the life of [the] prophet Muhammad seems dubious and if our suspicions are proved to be correct, we will certainly take serious action.

He added:

What the enemy is trying to do in ruining the Muslims’ sanctity is definitely much more than causing us to react and unfortunately, some Islamic countries are not taking this issue seriously. One way to show objections is to express condemnation of the West over their despicable actions.

Hat tip: BarrieJohn

44 responses to “Iran makes threatening noises over BBC documentary, The Life of Muhammad”

1. Austin McGrath says:

Who cares if they make threatening noises – being ‘offended’ gives them an excuse to threaten in the name of their’peaceful’religion. Well I’m offended too by the continued presence in the 21st century of pig-ignorant adherents of judaism,christianity and islam and their atrocious record of savagery and intolerance.
    Difference is though I started to grow up when I stopped believing in Santa and the tooth fairy so I won’t be threatening, excommunicating or pronouncing a fatwah on anyone.

2. remigius says:

I hope the BBC have the good sense to show it after the 9pm watershed. Violence towards women, paedophilia, and the depiction of mental illness are subjects that are wholly unsuitable for younger viewers.

3. remigius says:

…but they might like the flying horses though.

4. The Woggler says:

“The BBC’s decision to make a documentary on the life of [the] prophet Muhammad seems dubious and if our suspicions are proved to be correct, we will certainly take serious action…One way to show objections is to express condemnation of the West over their despicable actions.”

I wonder if the BBC’s ‘despicable’ action will prove to be even more despicable than rioting, trashing buildings and lopping innocent people’s heads off.

5. Jake Kach Khan says:

They keeps ’em dumb, stoopid and afeered in countries that live in the bronze age, nuff said.

6. Dennis Miller says:

Since the BBC is so concerned with not ruffling any feathers we can probably expect a washed out documentary with scant factual content – in which case I have to wonder why they bothered at all. And since they’ve already ruffled Islamic feathers, I wonder why they don’t just retrench and tell it like it is?

7. Tor Hershman says:

1881!!!
    Wow! You’re older than I.

Here’s a bit of film/research, by moi, into the origin of Hay Zeus.

WARNING: Spoiler – Ovid did it.

Orgin of jesus part 2

Here’s an LOL bit I did starring ole Mo himself.

Stay on groovin’ safari,
    Tor Hershman

8. Anonymous says:

There’s just no pleasing these nuts, is there? F*ck ’em.

9. Stonyground says:

I am bemused by the fact that this guy regards the BBC as “The enemy”. These people seem to regard their entire existence as some kind of war.

10. Reginald Selkirk says:

A three hour documentary about a person, and no depictions of that person the entire time? My mind boggles. What will they show instead, cute little kittens?

11. Daz says:

So, despite the fact that it’s commissioned by a Muslim, and produced by the religion section of the Beeb—which is thereby doing its job more fairly by showing Islam, not just Christianity—they claim, before even seeing it, that it’s anti-Muslim.

Seems like a damned twisted path to follow, just to manufacture a persecution case. Wouldn’t it be easier for ’em to just concentrate on the Daily Fail? Most of us’d probably even agree they had a case, there.

12. Paul says:

Man, are they stupid.

13. Tozza says:

Another case of the religious claiming the right not to be offended.

Seems their objection is that the documentary will demystify Islam (“ruin its sanctity”) to the extent that it will be seen for what it is.

14. Mike de Fleuriot says:

Was going to do a long comment, but no. Fug em. they religious.

You’d think that they would be cock-a-hoop that their stupid belief system was receiving this extra publicity, but they are quite obviously aware of the sort of uncomfortable facts that might be thrown up by the programme!

16. Daz says:

barriejohn

the sort of uncomfortable facts that might be thrown up by the programme!

On the BBC? I doubt it. 🙁 Though, after that too-short series about history and the Bible, we can hope a little, I s’pose.

No, Daz, I doubt that this programme will contain anything the least critical of Islam, but that’s not what I was saying. Any analysis of “the prophet” is treading on dangerous ground where his followers are concerned – unless it deals in pure fantasy!

Those dickheads again, who follow the religion of violence: do as we say or we’ll riot, murder, bomb etc. Shouldn’t they be sorting out the mess of their own country rather than sticking there noses into ours.
    This programme will be the usual uncritical, fawning tosh from a BBC who never condemn islam. I suggest they show Fitna to redress the balance, that would bring up a few facts.

19. Daz says:

barriejon

Ugh! Thanks, I think. Can I have the brain-bleach now?

This:

The British National party, it’s members, voters, and supporters, have long suffered the out and out discrimination of this leftist, intolerant, and totally biased organisation…

got eight up-votes! Is it me or are the DM comment-boards getting more and more toxic? Sundays should be entertaining, as they gain ex-NOTW readers…

20. Robster says:

Are they that threatened by the possible truth coming out about their feral prophet? I suppose, if I was worshipping an un-washed, deluded child molesting twit who can’t even use a shaver, I’d be embarrassed too and would prefer the truth remain under the carpet. These Iranian fools need to get a life.

21. Jesus Train says:

Simple answer – depict him wearing a bear suit, a la South Park. Problem solved.

Daz: Is this a full house?

It isn’t just the obvious BBC political left wing bias, which is well accepted and documented, it’s the more subtle left wing PC liberal agenda and propaganda by exclusion of alternative views and opinions. The exclusion for example, of the Christian view of creation as the BBC continues to promote the flawed theory of Darwinian evolution and Big Bang, in the face of well documented evidence that offers a different view – agree or not. It’s slavish and Orwellian approach to MMGW/climate change etc. It’s slewed reporting of the ME and it’s pro Palestinian anti Israel bias. The vastly overstaffed BBC likes to present itself as an impartial reporter of the news when in fact it patently seeks to form public opinion.

Someone call the nurse!

23. Satan's Glove Puppet says:

Off topic but good for a laugh.

24. Alan says:

Here is an Islamic “scholar” explaining how wife beating under Sharia is not only permissible but humane

25. Brian Jordan says:

I don’t suppose the BBC will take the non-portrayal of Mo to the limit, and mention the academic argument that he may not even have existed.

26. sailor1031 says:

As Barriejohn says, you’d think they would be pleased the BBC is educating the infidels about the religion of peace. But of course any information about Mo, no matter how sanitized, is going to show the old bastard and his followers in a very bad light; they know that. The other problem they have is of course that information about islam can only be imparted to the infidels at the point of an AK47, not via a TV program…

Off thread – but it made me laugh.

28. tony e says:

I’m fairly certain the BBC’s portrial of Mo will be so sanitised that it will do everything to show this barbaric child molester in a positive manner. I would not be surprised if they depict that it was Aisha’s fault for inflaming his lust. At 9 years of age.

No doubt some cretins are already lining up to be ‘offended’.

29. Newspaniard says:

Let’s stand back a minute with a bemused look. The BBC, who despise and denigrate all who don’t think the death cult is a religion of peace, have asked a muslim to make a 3 hour documentary about his cult. Right… Under his hate book laws he is not allowed to criticize anyone/thing connected with islam under threat of death but he is allowed to lie his socks off to make the cult look good. So, the documentary is probably going to be a rant against Israel and jews and a demand for a sainthood for that nice Ayatollah Kommineh bloke(don’t ask me to look up the correct spelling… you know who I mean… he was responsible for 3 million deaths in Iran when he took over). Iran will probably be delighted when the documentaries are produced, then Im-a-dinner-jacket can get his rent-a-mob to go around burning a few embassies which will take their minds off the grinding repression they live under. Ho Hum.

Lord Patton “insisted the broadcaster should reflect ‘the full breadth of opinion that exists on most controversial topics’.

What he omitted in the statement, although it is practised by the BBC, are the words “except atheism.” Worse, the RCs in particular, and christians in general, have worked themselves into a lather of delusion that the BBC is being deluged by secular opinions. This despite the weekly flood of religious propaganda and the recent over the top attention (at what cost?) to Ratzinger.

I wonder if the Vatican has paid the overdue £6,000,000 it owes the UK government for Ratzinger’s visit. Or is that being conveniently forgotten as too embarassing to demand? Try not paying your income tax, council tax or TV licence and see how tolerant they are of those compared to the Vatican debt.

31. AngieRS says:

Actually, Broga, that’s prompted me to email No 10 asking if the pope has paid the money back and how it will be used to offset the cuts we are being forced to endure. I don’t expect an answer any time soon, much less an honest one but if I do get one I’ll post it on here.

I knew that would get you going, Broga! I suspect that a lot of these simpletons would like BBC TV broadcasting to end with an epilogue every night, and possibly commence with prayers each morning. Radio4 still starts with Prayer for the Day (thankfully when most people are still asleep), and still features the ghastly Daily Service mid morning – though I’ve always considered that enough to put any sensible person off religion for life!

Daz: I don’t know who that Bill Doddley guy is – must have been before my time!

33. Daz says:

barriejohn

I wasn’t the only one waiting for Broga’s reaction, then? 🙂

Bill Doddley? Wasn’t he Andy Pandy’s live-in lover?

The other side of the RE coin… Did you catch the latest Pod Delusion? Yet another state school going the faith/academe route.

More here Daz:

What absolute gobbledygook from the head!

Gove moves in a mysterious way, his blunders to perform.

35. Daz says:

barriejohn

One slightly silver-ish lining: There seem to be more and more folks getting the idea of what the problems are. The parent, Philippa Hare, on that story for instance.

<pedantry>I wish these bloody journos would learn to spell ‘academe’ though!</pedantry>

36. Laurance says:

Beat the wife? All this shite about beating the wife?

But can the wife beat the husband when he acts like a stinkin’ idiot? Can the wife beat the husband when he is abusive and stupid and totally deserving of some sort of chastisement? Can the wife beat the husband when he deserves one hell of a beating, and plenty of screaming and correcting besides? (I know two men who deserve to be beaten and kicked and punished. But it won’t happen.)

I don’t think that Muhammad would have liked to be dragged into court for forcing a marriage with six year old Aisha, and then screwing her at age nine. Okay, okay, that kind of thing was acceptable in those days, but it sure doesn’t go now. Neither does wife-beating.

37. khan says:

what a bunch of ignorant pigs!!! all members of the edl…LOL, i love ur anger,it makes me laugh, u make me love Islam even more. May Allah swt Guide U…..;)

38. Anonymous says:

@Above: Twat.

39. Kaay says:

SubhanaAllah you all need to get a better insight of Islam than by the biased portrayal of the BBC. Try to buy a copy of the Qur’an on Amozon, be a little more open minded and arrogant. Also, like the brother Khan has said may Allah (SWT) guide you. InshaAllah..