IF this was International Nutters week, top prize should surely go to Pastor Mike Stahl of The Living Water Church in Miramar, Florida, for a dotty idea he proposed on the internet yesterday.

Pastor Mike, as he likes to call himself, is a former police officer who has been:

Fundamentalist loon Mike Stahl

Seriously considering forming a (Christian ) grassroots type of organization to be named The Christian National Registry of Atheists or something similar.

I mean, think about it . There are already National Registrys (sic) for convicted sex offenders , ex-convicts , terrorist cells , hate groups like the KKK, skinheads , radical Islamists , etc.

Now comes the curious bit. When my attention was drawn to Pastor Mike’s lame, messy and badly-punctuated blog this morning, there was link on it to his Facebook page. From Facebook I learned that he’s an ex-cop – and while I was at it,  I grabbed a picture picture of him.

But when I went back to Facebook this afternoon to see what else I could learn about him, the page had vanished, and so had the link on the pastor’s blog.

Funny that.

Anyway, back to mad Mike’s idea.

This type of “National Registry” would merely be for information purposes . To inform the public of KNOWN  (ie self-admitted) atheists …

Now , many (especially the atheists), may ask “Why do this, what’s the purpose ?” Duhhh , Mr Atheist , for the same purpose many States put the names and photos of convicted sex offenders and other ex-felons on the I-Net – to INFORM the public ! I mean , in the City of Miramar, Florida, where I live , the population is approx 109,000. My family and I would sure like to know how many of those 109,000 are ADMITTED atheists!

Perhaps we may actually know some. In which case we could begin to witness to them and warn them of the dangers of atheism. Or perhaps they are radical atheists , whose hearts are as hard as Pharaoh’s , in that case , if they are business owners , we would encourage all our Christian friends , as well as the various churches and their congregations NOT to patronize them as we would only be “feeding” Satan.

The lunatic concludes:

Frankly , I don’t see why anyone would oppose this idea – including the atheists themselves (unless of course , they’re actually ashamed of their atheist religion , and would prefer to stay in the ‘closet.‘ )

PS: The underscoring is mine.

Hat tip: Buffy & Denis Watkins

67 Responses to “Mad Pastor’s Facebook presence vanishes after he proposes a register for atheists”

1. Timothy Starship says:

I was reading Pastor Mike’s blog this morning. I went to check it just now and it is private except for invited readers only. HILARIOUS! what an ass.

2. The Woggler says:

I went onto Pasta Mike’s blog. He writes it exactly how I imagine a certain Mr Hitler would have written a blog. All those words and phrases in a larger font, in bold and underlined. The man has serious anger management issues. Either that, or he’s a cretin.

Thanks for finding his email address, barriejohn. I’m about to send him a suitably derogatory note.

You’re right, Timothy.

It doesn’t look like you have been invited to read this blog. If you think this is a mistake, you might want to contact the blog author and request an invitation.

Being of a suspicious mind, I went to his profile, and his email address appears to have disappeared as well!

5. Sean says:

Aye, atheists are as bad as the klan, Mike. We all meet up in a cow field with fuckin bedsheets on our heads and give eachother cool sounding titles. I’m a Master Dragon Wizard, pleased to meet you. Because that’s what rational people do.

Round ‘em all up Mike, burn the bodies, salt the earth! Then shite yourself two days later when you realise you just dropped the collective IQ in the US by 30 points!

Seriously, I know you want to be famous and popular with your outlandish statements (and talk is cheap on the internet), but did you never think of trying to sort out all the real issues in the world before getting round to the extermination of people who enjoy their lie in on a sunday?

You’re a public fucking figure at least in your community, you could be flapping your gums to encourage your congregation to do good things instead of fighting imaginary enemies, what the hell is wrong with you?

For what its worth, making your posts private when you’ve just tried to incite some kind of war against one in ten of your countrymen looks sinister as hell. Ironically you’ve probably just been put on a watchlist for being a wacko, not that I’d approve, I think you’re full of mad dog’s shite.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to put burning darwin fish on some poor bastards lawn because that’s the kind of monster I am.

6. Reginald Selkirk says:

I am shocked to see that Pastor Mike has several tattoos, in clear defiance of the word of God:

Leviticus 19:28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

I would think that good Christian parents would want a registry of people who defy the LORD by marking their flesh, in order that they might keep their children away from the influence of such unGodly folk.

7. Reginald Selkirk says:

ElveeKaye: Since Christian preachers are the ones raping children…

In fairness, there are probably a few pedophiles out there who are atheist as well.

However, I don’t think anyone puts an atheist in a special position of authority over children merely because they are an atheist, and there has been no organized cover-up and justice-denial program by any large atheist organization as there has been with the Holy Roman Catholic Church.

8. […] and photos of convicted sex offenders and other ex-felons on the I-Net – to INFORM the public! Read more . . .  Share this:PrintEmailLike this:LikeBe the first to like this post. This entry was posted in […]

9. Wandapec says:

I don’t live in the States but if I did – I would sign up on the register right away. He probably hasn’t thought this through – the administration of the registry is going to be massive – it is essentially going to be a birth registry seeing that anyone born would be atheist until they get indoctrinated into the religion of their parents!

10. Aren’t Christians filed into a registry of some sort when they’re baptized? Perhaps the pastor doesn’t understand what it means to have no affiliation with a religious ideology because he thinks atheism is some sort of religious ideology.

11. Dana Nourie says:

Listing people’s names is the first step in discriminating against them. How else can you tell people to boycott the local atheist, not hire him because he’s on the Atheist List, or refuse her some kind of service, hire someone for a job.

I have no issue making it publicly known that I am an Evangelical Atheist who practices secular Buddhism. However, I do resent being added to some kind of list which this man himself admits is similar to a list of sex offenders or KKK members!

Now that this idiot has been noticed by Atheists he goes and hides. Hah! Go to your imaginary Hell, Pastor Mike, and stay there.

12. Bob Beecher says:

Well, his blog now says that there will be no list, that it was all done as a joke.

Joke?

And he wonders why he’s getting hate email from everyone? He’s gotten SO much that he’s even posted a “warning” to everyone that copies of emails will be turned over . . .

What a moron.

Since he’s already made the comparison to sex offenders and child molesters, perhaps we should create a registry of youth pastors, bible camp administrators, and so on. After all, THEY seem to have something in common with the aforementioned criminals.

13. Robert Tobin says:

His “LORD” spake unto him.

14. Tim Riches says:

Pastor Mike should know that it was his buddy YHWH who hardened Pharoah’s heart, just so he could screw with him.

15. Mary says:

I wonder where vanishing former officer, now Pastor Mike, will pop up next; the 700 club?, a Catholic Archdiocese, an overseas church?

He’s definately ordination material for many sick religious entities out there.

Makes me wonder what his pd reports were like too when he was an officer with the duty to protect and to serve the public.

16. Luce says:

I saw this a few days ago on PZ Myer’s “Pharyngula” blog. As I said over there, I think something like this could be fantastic for the USA, where I still find it hard to believe that so many people in an otherwise sophisticated and advanced culture cannot be open about their lack of religious conviction. The UK is ACTUALLY a christian country (like, officially, not just the way the nutters like to think the US is) but we’re more secular over here I think – although islam’s getting worryingly powerful. Having said that, even though I never go to church and am openly scathing about religion, people still assume I’m agnostic – because that’s the inoffensive, respectful position I guess – and can be quite shocked when I correct them by saying that no, I’m actually an atheist and anti-theist.

Anyway, I think one of the biggest factors holding back freedom from religion in the USA is that atheists are so often presented and perceived to be a tiny, freakish minority. As we saw with the Damien Fowler saga, news like this can travel the world very quickly, and I think if a register like this was actually started the good “Pastor” (is there any qualification required for that title, by the way?) would probably find himself inundated by millions of requests ASKING for inclusion on it. I can even see another register being started by an atheist group. Can you imagine how earth-shattering it would be in the US if millions of atheists (I think there are supposed to be around 30 million over there, aren’t there, and I wonder how many more there are who are not yet “out”?) stood up to be counted? I think it would devastate all the god-botherers who like to think they command the majority, and encourage potentially millions of closet atheists – many of whom may have thought they were the only one, or that there was something wrong with them as I did in my time – to stand up and be counted. I think it could be amazing!

17. Maus says:

Unfortunately, his blog is for those “invited” to read, only. :(