Pass a hanky, Mo’s been dissed – again!

THE utterly childish nature of Islam is again in the headlines, this time with a report that Saudi Arabia’s Information Minister had to reach for a hanky after reading nasty things written about his dumb-assed religion by a young journalist, Hamza Kashgari.

Hamza Kashgari could be executed for his 'sacrilegious' Tweets

Abdul Aziz Khowja said:

When I read his articles, I wept and got very angry …

And the infantile apparatchik announced:

I have instructed all newspapers and magazines in the kingdom not to allow him to write anything and we will take legal measures against him.

Worse, Kashgari, 23, offended the king of that basketcase of a country, Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz, who ordered the journalist’s arrest.

A statement carried by the official Saudi Press Agency earlier this week revealed:

The Monarch today issued orders to arrest and try Kashgari for his offences against the deity and the Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) … The order came after many scholars, dignitaries and citizens in the kingdom sent messages to the Monarch expressing indignation at Kashgari offences.

Kashgari had the good sense to flee the country as devout Muslims began baying for his blood, but today we learned that he has been arrested in Malaysia.

According to this report, he was seized as he arrived in Kuala Lumpur yesterday. The Saudi Arabic language daily Al Youm reported:

The Malaysian authorities are coordinating with Saudi Arabia to hand Kashgari over.

In a separate report, newspapers quoted a statement by the kingdom’s Islamic Fatwa Committee calling for Kashgari to be punished:

In line with Islamic law, which means he could be executed.

King Abdullah’s order to arrest the writer, a columnist in the Saudi Arabic language daily Al Bilad, followed public furore in the kingdom over some of his articles, considered as abusive of Islam and the Prophet.

Ajel Arabic language daily said yesterday:

The order came after many scholars, dignitaries and citizens in the kingdom sent messages to the Monarch expressing indignation at Kashgari offences.

Other papers reported that thousands of readers and schools sent letters to the local media and posted online  messages demanding Kashgari’s prosecution.

After the arrest order, many Saudi newspapers carried a letter written by Kashgari on his Twitter page apologising for any offence, which he said was inadvertent.

My tweets were posted during a [difficult] psychological state. I erred and I pray to God that He will forgive me for what I did. I declare my repentance and I distance myself fully from all the misleading ideas that had affected me and made me write expressions that I do not support. I bear witness that Mohammad is the messenger of God. I shall live and die firmly believing in it. I declare my repentance and I strongly adhere to the testimonies that there is no deity but Allah and that Mohammad is the messenger of Allah.

Ahead of Big Mo’s birthday, Kashgari used Twitter to reflect of the occasion, saying:

On your birthday, I will say that I have loved the rebel in you, that you’ve always been a source of inspiration to me, and that I do not like the halos of divinity around you. I shall not pray for you.

Nasser al-Omar, an influential cleric, called for him to be tried in a sharia court for apostasy, and, in a YouTube video, called on the faithful to express their indignation to the media and the authorities.

Your duty is to defend our religion against those atheists and not let it pass by with no punishment — you must write in the papers, in the Internet, and write the government, and not be silenced.

Hat tip: BarrieJohn

26 Responses to “Pass a hanky, Mo’s been dissed – again!”

1. Graham Martin-Royle says:

How did he offend against the prophet? He’s been dead for 1500 years ffs!
    Ignorant bigots. He’ll be sent back, tried and found guilty (let’s face it, there’s no way they’ll find him innocent) and the brain dead idiots will call for his execution. And this is the religion of peace, Bah!

On a side note, take a look at the latest jesus&mo.

“Other papers reported that thousands of readers and schools sent letters to the local media and posted online messages demanding Kashgari’s prosecution.”

Isn’t that a typo in there? I’m sure it should read “…demanding Kashgari’s persecution.”

Saudi Arabia, that beacon of equality and human rights. The same country that funds some extremist islamic schools in the West. The same country that funds terrorism. The same country to which we sell military aircraft and arms – so don’t bet on our country condemning SA when they decide to execute this guy.

4. remigius says:

Couldn’t he enter a plea of sanity?

5. The Woggler says:

If he’s offended the prophet, let the prophet sort it out. Oh deary me, I was forgetting the fucker’s dead.

6. D. Austin says:

Not smart running to another muslim country, Malaysia has beening
    sliding down the toilet for the last 10 years just like every other
    country containing muslims.

7. ZombieHunter says:

D austin you took the words right out of my mouth.

Escaping from a theocratic hellhole and running to malaysia not exactly the smartest of moves.

This is all these muslims have got as a response to criticism – the dealing out of violence and death. They certainly have no chance if they attempt civilised debate based on evidence. Thinking not allowed.

9. Lazy Susan says:

Echoes of Galileo and Bruno.

10. elainek123 says:

in this country we keep terrorists who want to destroy us. Most likely getting benefits to keep them comfortable.
    How can we do business with these awful regimes selling them arms so that they can destroy the world as we know it. As with most evil things,like religion,greed and more greed.

11. alb says:

‘When I read his articles, I wept and got very angry …’

I’ve never met anyone who cries from anger except my friend’s 3 year old when he has a tantrum.

I don’t understand why Kashgari fled to to another theocratic dump, what was he expecting?

12. Uzza says:

I’ve never met anyone who cries from anger except my friend’s 3 year old
    BINGO!

13. Har Davids says:

To be a blasphemer in a country where the ‘Religion of Peace’ reigns supreme takes courage, stupidity or a death-wish. And fleeing from one asylum to another takes the biscuit. And now the poor guy has to back-paddle to see if he can safe is life.

I’m all for blasphemy and pissing off the religious, but in some countries you can’t just do that, because of the serious lack of sense of humour. Not many of us Westerners would have the guts to do such thing over ‘there’.

14. Sabbag says:

Based on his open minded approach to matters related to his faith, and general position on freedom of speech, perhaps Abdul Aziz Khowja could get a job with the LSE?

15. john.c says:

We do business with countries like that to keep the upper classes who own the arms industries in their ivory towers,distanced by the housing market apartheid from real people, and raking in profits without a care for anyone except themselves, these are the same people who use religion,financial pressures and the force of law, ultimately the force of arms if you resist enough,to keep the masses downtrodden, providing a fertile ground for extremists,and educating people just enough to be capable workers.In those countries, the brainwashed masses might wonder why their governments do deals with the west, who they are told are evil, but they buy their arms and sell them oil anyway.Give them a few more years, and they will build up their own independent arms companies, and do what we are doing throughout the third world,selling arms to dodgey governments to further the influence of islam.

16. AngieRS says:

Poor sod.

17. Robster says:

Jees the prophet must be feeling a wee bit insecure. His minions are forever wishing for “Peace(to)Be Upon Him”. Does the Mo dude need our help? Is he unable to sort it out on his own? Seems not. Why bother with a failed deity like the allah version? It doesn’t work. Neither does the other one.

18. Stephen Turner says:

I think we can safely surmise that Malaysia was the best place that he could get to in a great hurry, Everyone should feel sorry for him.

Isn’t “Ministry for Information” reminiscent of Orwell’s Ministry of Truth. Does that mean Khowja is Head Spin-Doctor?

19. Brian Jordan says:

Most media are pretty coy about what the silly boy did. Seems it was just a bit of daft twittering: http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/saudi-writer-detained-after-tweets-about-muhammad/2012/02/09/gIQApsgW2Q_story.html
    Anyway as people have said, it was a big mistake to run to a similarly mad country which will send him back for execution for alleged apostasy. As would no doubt be applauded by that paragon of Sharia, Omar Mahmoud Othman aka “Abu Quatada”

20. Thoreau says:

It has been said already but what the fuck made him go to Malaysia?

Malaysia has tourism and 5 star hotels but step back a few streets and you’ve got the bronze age. Egypt is a good example of how this model can fall apart in a hurry. Anyhow, what the fuck was he thinking?

21. Zaki Aminu says:

Well this idiot deserves everything that’s coming to him!

22. Zaki Aminu says:

“How did he offend against the prophet? He’s been dead for 1500 years ffs!
    Ignorant bigots. He’ll be sent back, tried and found guilty (let’s face….”

You atheist fellows are such hypocrites! Have I not seen you lot fulminating about comments made about Darwin who is also dead – and a FAR LESS significant figure than the Prophet of Islam?

23. Zaki Aminu says:

“It has been said already but what the fuck made him go to Malaysia?

Getting on the first plane to anywhere would have been better, almost guaranteed. Why not go somewhere half civilized?….”

You mean like somewhere where it’s ok for men to invade the rear orifices of other men with their members? That is what you define as “civilized”? Sheeeeeesh!

24. Zaki Aminu says:

“I think we can safely surmise that Malaysia was the best place that he could get to in a great hurry, Everyone should feel sorry for him…”

Why should ANYONE feel sorry for him? He’s had his fun being blasphemous – now he has to face the music! He’s enjoyed playing the rebel – now he must accept what comes with rebellion.

Of course atheists sympathize with him since they too are rebels – against Supreme Truth – God! And atheists will be crushed just as this fellow will now also be.

25. Zaki Aminu says:

“Jees the prophet must be feeling a wee bit insecure. His minions are forever wishing for “Peace(to)Be Upon Him”. Does the Mo dude need our help? Is he unable to sort it out on his own? Seems not….”

Atheists have NOTHING sacred to them which is why they don’t understand why blasphemy is offensive. Although it is also true that atheists are usually up in arms when someone expresses even mild disapproval of the practice of men anally penetrating each other – whcih seems to be in vogue in so-called “civilized” countries. The more “civilized” the more prevalent is this practice.

Anyway, even if this fellow had managed to escape to the West, the thirst for oil here would have caused them to send him back to Saudi Arabia. He probably knew that too.

But to get to my main point, atheists are quick to rally around the likes of Dawkins and Rushdie but object to others rallying around figures they respect. Typical atheistic double standards!

26. Brian Jordan says:

Maybe nobody will read this, after that sheaf of apologetics, but new information has come to light. According to Lawyers for Liberty, the Saudis had it in for him after he supported the uprising in Syria and the “Arab Spring”. Previously, they’d ignored similar postings on his blog. Malaysia, too, seems to by lying – they claimed to have arrested him on arrival but in fact left him alone until he tried to move on to New Zealand. So the alleged “blasphemy” might just be an excuse for political oppression. Not that that’s likely to make any difference to the likes of our apologist, for whom a few careless words would probably be enough to condemn him out of hand anyway.
    (Thanks to Butterfles & Wheels)