When frogs croak, they’re praising Allah

When frogs croak, they’re praising Allah

FOLLOWING the revelation earlier this year that Allah, god of the Muslims, had stamped its trademark on a frog, news out of Egypt is that frogs are to be offered special protection because of their “holy” relationship with Islam.

Allah puts his mark on a frog. Click on pic for proof … but not before you insert earplugs

The very first fatwa published after the presidential victory of the Muslim Brotherhood’s Muhammad Morsi prohibits Muslims from hunting and killing frogs to sell to those nations that dine on the amphibians

According to Raymond Ibrahim’s blog, the ban has been imposed by Egypt’s highest fatwa council which explained that the “prophet” Mohammed” had recorded in a hadith that when frogs croak “they are praising Allah”.

Accordingly:

A number of jurists [fuqaha] have relied on this [hadith] to forbid the eating of frogs, under the notion that ‘that which is banned from being killed, is forbidden from being eaten.’

Comments Ibrahim:

Unlike the many other fatwas dealing with animals, including cartoon characters—such as the fatwa to kill Mickey Mouse – this frog fatwa is ostensibly humanitarian.

Yet, in reality, it only proves how enslaved Muslim societies are to the random words of their prophet – a prophet who, on one occasion ordered the killing of all black dogs because they are ‘devils’.

Hat tip: Glenn

39 responses to “When frogs croak, they’re praising Allah”

Has anyone asked Kermit for comment on this? And what of the awful Paul McCartney’s Frog Chorus.

Also, I remember reading that mad Mo reckoned cats carry Allah’s mark. Imbeciles!

I am now very confused. I understood that, according to Moo-hammed, ALL animals worshipped Allah!

3. Ivan says:

The lion roaring “Allah” reminded me of this:

And this:

Enjoy.

Muhammad Morsi Isa al-Ayyat: I am mad as a mushy amorality

5. David Anderson says:

One small fatwa for Islam, one giant leap for frogs.

6. Daz says:

One small fatwa for Islam, one giant leap for frogs.

BA-DOOM! Tisch!

Reminded me of Nuggan, the god in Pratchett’s Monstrous Regiment.

among his ever-growing list of Abominations were cats, the colour blue, Dwarfs, oysters, mushrooms, chocolate, garlic, babies, cheese, the smell of beets, ears, jigsaw puzzles, crop rotation, shirts with six buttons, and rocks.

7. Ryan morrigan says:

But do they have to put burkas on the female frogs so Muslims aren’t too sexually attracted to them?

8. Ryan morrigan says:

Sexy frogs.

It’s a well-known fact that very creature loves the koran. Well, according to the creator of this barmy song they do.

Actually, if they don’t die they won’t croak, will they?

Breaking news: The BBC’s new DG will be George Entwistle. I wonder what that decision will hold in store for us!

Also: Eric Sykes has died. “Oh…ERIC!!”

11. Ian says:

Perhaps when the last Imam has croaked we can all get a little more peace!

12. Matt Westwood says:

Sorry, but somebody’s got to do it:

“Grandad, can you make a noise like a frog?”
    “Why on earth do you want me to do that?
    “I heard mummy tell daddy: as soon as Grandad croaks, we can all go to Florida.”

AgentCormac: I am perpleed as to why comments and ratings have been disabled on that excellent and most instructional video. Do they realize what sane people will make of their idiotic flights of fancy, I wonder?

14. Matt Westwood says:

“Do they realize what sane people will make of their idiotic flights of fancy, I wonder?”

They’ll be instantly converted to Islam, of course, du-uh!

Lest anyone should run off with the idea that it is only the Muslims who are stark staring bonkers:

We used to teach the kids that chorus in our Sunday School in Swindon!

Yer ’tis. I should have looked up “birdies”!

A little tribute to Eric Sykes and the wonderful Chic Murray, and I promise to be off!

A bit of good news at last from Muslims. They intend to protect frogs. I’m entirely in favour. I like seeing the frog spawn in our nearbye pond and watching the critters around the house when we have heavy rain. Lots of frogs are also a sign of a healthy environment and they seem to be on the way out globally. OK that’s my environmental piece.

@barriejohn: Might the new DG of the PPC (Pope’s Progaganda Channel) offer a glimmer of hope to infidels like myself? He read philosophy and politics at University. In my limited acquaintance with philosophers they tend to be of an atheistic tendency. Could the new man be a voice for reason against superstition? Could the dire Thought for the Day be regarded with the shame and contempt it deserves? Am I clutching at straws? Say it ain’t so.

19. Trevor Blake says:

19,158. That’s how many human beings have been killed by Muslims since 11 September 2001. [source] Many of them were fellow Muslims. I count that as 19,158 reasons to disassociate Islam with humanitarian thought.

They care more about frogs than each other. The logical outcome of their practice is a world with more frogs and fewer Muslims. About which I cannot comment in a civil tone.

20. Sondra says:

If a frog croaks in the woods and there’s no one there to hear it, is it still praising Allah?

21. Matt Westwood says:

Frogs make a more pleasant and mellifluous noise than the typical wailing you get from your common-or-garden minaret, so I can quite identify with allah here. “Oh good me, less of the Allahu Akbar, you’re giving Kermit a headache!”

Trevor: That’s just the number of Muslim terrorist attacks. The number of casualties would be much higher, and that doesn’t take into account “honour killings” and other outrages caused by adherence to this vile belief system.

23. […] When frogs croak, they’re praising Allah | The Freethinker Religion News, fatwa, frogs, Islam, […]

24. Ian says:

This is the best site I know to give you the full facts about Islam: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index.html#Attacks

And if you are looking for a good read then ‘In the Shadow of the Sword’ by Tom Holland is well worth it.

‘The gates of paradise lie in the shadow of the sword’, reputedly from that nice Islamic prophet Mohammed

25. rikjows says:

FOR FROGS SAKE

26. Jeff Johnson says:

We’ve also recently seen the virgin mary on a dogs anus. That designer sure has a sense of humor. I wonder what the Muslims will do when somebody finds a pig’s anus that spells allah?

27. remigius says:

You fools. You poor deluded fools.

Scientists at CERN have finally proved atheists, muslims, Christians, and nearly everybody else wrong. They’ve found the god particle – and it’s made of spaghetti!

All hail the Prophet Higgs (Sauce Be Upon Him).

28. Matt Westwood says:

Ramen!

Jeff Johnson

There’s a wonderful image, formed entirely out of soot, that really does resemble the quixotic, renaissance version of an Anglicised christ face on a chimney pot across the road from my local village pub. However, thanks to your post I am inspired to look further afield for evidence of the divine. Starting with my dogs’ bum holes. It’s dirty work, but somebody’s got to do it!

But that is not TRUE spaghetti. The Spaghetti Monster warned that many false spaghettis would come in his name, but that we should eschew them all.

I saw this recently (the article, I mean!):

31. remigius says:

AgentCormac. No need. They have found evidence for god in dog’s arses already…

The FSM truly is omnipresent!

32. remigius says:

‘…but that we should eschew them all.’

No! We should chew them all.

Heretic.

33. remigius says:

And that’s not Jesus – it’s David Blunkett!

34. Robster says:

Will this fatwa include the French, whom are sometimes referred to (unkindly)as “frogs”? If I was afflicted with Islam, I’d be a bit annoyed that the frog that looks like the allah fantasy is well, as ugly as (insert favourite ugly thing here). Surely an all powerful deity, you know the one that can’t actually do anything, could organise a better image of himself?

35. Brian Jordan says:

bullfrog bullshit.

@Robster: My friendly local frog says beauty and divinity are all in the eye of the beholder. If a frog believed in god that god would have the characteristics, including looks, of a frog. The frog would be made in god’s image you might say.

37. Brian Jordan says:

@Broga
    I see, like Allah was made in Mo’s image.

38. Robster says:

Hi Broga, frogs are beautiful creatures and would be ill served if they did look like allah (or jebus, mo’etc). They don’t deserve that!

39. Rick Massey says:

That’s cute. When terrorists croak they are also usually praising Allah!