Porcine preacher advocates slapping rebellious women into submission

PULPIT bully Rev Steve Youngblood, butterball preacher at the Burlington, Ohio, City Church, doesn’t like rebellious women, and likes husbands who “fail to correct them” even less.

Pastor Youngblood pictured conveying his flapdoodle ideas to congregants

This turkey’s feathers were ruffled when a female member of the congregation castigated a fellow preacher for distributing political pamphlets at a church service. The pamplets called for the removal of a Supreme Court judge, David Wiggins, for voting to legalise same-sex marriage.

According to this report, the woman who attended the City Church service told a pastor she believed it was illegal for a church to display material that promotes specific political action. That pastor insisted it wasn’t illegal, and in in a later sermon Youngblood criticised her for raising objections to the pamphlets.

Youngblood then said he’d “like to slap her” and that her husband should rise up and “correct her”.

What makes me madder is that this person’s husband won’t correct them. I don’t like rebellious women. I don’t like rebellious men, either. They’re even worse.

He sounds like Stephen “Birdshit” Green’s kinda guy.

Under a 1954 federal law, it is illegal for tax-exempt organizations, including churches, to promote political candidates or ballot issues. Those who violate the law can lose their tax-exempt status, which allows tax deductions on money given to a church and allows a church to avoid paying property taxes.

Writing in the Ohio State Daily yesterday, Jonathan Upchurch, a senior in political science, pointed out:

Article I, Section 6 of the Iowa Constitution says:  ‘All laws of a general nature shall have a uniform operation; the general assembly shall not grant to any citizen, or class of citizens, privileges or immunities, which, upon the same terms shall not equally belong to all citizens’.

On that basis, the Iowa Supreme Court ruled unanimously a law banning gay marriage is unconstitutional. And since 2010, the far right has poured money into a witch hunt against the justices who were doing their  job. This time around, Justice David Wiggins is the focus of these misguided efforts.

31 Responses to “Porcine preacher advocates slapping rebellious women into submission”

1. Trevor Blake says:

“He that putteth his trust in the LORD shall be made fat.” – Proverbs 28:25

2. Steve says:

And such a pair of alert and personable-looking young men behind him.

Pastor Steve Youngblood = Devout slob – agony or pest

4. remigius says:

Wrong caption. He’s actually explaining how big his breakfast cake was.

TBF, he did say that rebellious men are worse!

6. remigius says:

barriejohn. Very bloated goon spouts!

Here is the charismatic preacher “gluttonous woman-hater” in action. You can leave your own comments:

“God has set boundaries” – but Youngblood is obviously determined to push them to the very limits!

It is difficult for civilised and educated people like atheists to get their heads round how repellent is this oaf. And yet he has, it seems, an audience who listen to him. He sounds like a Mitt Romney voter to me.

9. mikespeir says:

How much do you wanna bet these people have crossed Lust and Sloth off the list, too? At least.

10. Daz says:

Well, I suppose it's a step up from shootin' 'em for wanting an edumication…

Mikespeir: The deadliest sin in the Bible is supposed to be pride, but you can absolutely bet your life that – depite their protestations to the contrary – THAT is the first one to get crossed off the list!

12. Matt Westwood says:

How one would love to sit near the back and call out in a mocking, sing-song voice: “Wan-ker!”

13. Barry Duke says:

Matt, to be a wanker, you first need the ability to find your dick … ;-)

I knew that I’d seen him somewhere before, but I just couldn’t put my finger on it, so to speak!

15. Barry Duke says:

Now, THAT’S what I’m talking about!

16. Marky Mark says:

Well what really pisses me off about this article is the fact that I can’t put a picture next to my post like everybody else.

With my beard fully grown U will see I look much like Jebus…

Maybe if they lose their tax exemptions Rev Steve Youngblood can’t just sit around and eat sweets bought from the donation basket like the glutton he is.

17. Marky Mark says:

LOL to barriejohn’s link…

18. Marky Mark says:

Off Topic but…

To my Brit friends who we Americans have allied with on many occasions (except for that whole revolution thing)
    There is a film I would like you to look out for as it will be airing in theatres in your great island soon.

The film is “West of Memphis”, and you have seen me post about a religious based injustice case called “The West Memphis Three”. The film is about that case and the nut-job religious snake handlers in the Arkansas judicial system.

Here is a link to the London Film Festival the producers are attending.

YouTube (The Official BFI London Film Festival channel)

MarkyMark: “Saucy” seaside postcards are a great British tradition, some of the best being the work of Donald McGill, who, like G W Foote, was prosecuted personally – in his case for obscenity. Though the fine was small, the case nearly put paid to the business altogether. Further details can be found on this recent thread:

20. Matt Westwood says:

OT but always relevant …

The BBC1 early programme at about 6:45 this morning had a piec on the new Marie Stopes clinic in NI.

The spokesperson for Marie Stopes gave a measured account of how this would relieve the necessity of poor people to have to travel across the Irish Sea etc. etc. (“And it is always poor people who come to us in distress”).

There was also a spokesperson for Catholic Voice (or some such, I misremember the precise details) – he was a young man, in his early 20s with a 1980s haircut and a prissy public-school English voice – who said, “Of course, nobody in Northern Ireland wants this clinic.” At which point the telly got turned of as it was time to leave.

21. RabbitOnAStick says:

I wonder why the main principle sins are being ignored by these people. Two for example :
    Sloth and greed.

The three in the photo look like they need to do some exercise and eat less.

They can’t all be big boned can they.

22. bariejohn says:

Northern Ireland is full of bigots – I’ve met many of them. I hope this news spoils their day!

“I’m a retard; get me out of here!”

25. Stuart H. says:

“Of course, nobody in Northern Ireland wants this clinic.”
    That would be why, in my days working for a subsidiary, the BA flight from Belfast to Heathrow used to be nicknamed ‘the abortion special’ by cabin staff.

26. Stuart H. says:

Sorry, also OT, but I picked up http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19870036 on, of all places, a Fortean Times wierd news of the day pick – about a conference between the CERN scientists and a flock of theologians. Note, by the way, organised by a government agency.
    Have to admire the way these chumps assume that, having got as close as anyone yet to determining the origin of all things, scientists still need the help of philosophers and theologians because they might be a bit too dim to do science properly.

27. Matt Westwood says:

What really makes me angry about the anti-abortion protests is how self-righteous and bossy these fascists are. I’m sorry, but the only good fascist is a dead fascist.

Ireland’s very own Edward Tattsyrup:

“We don’t bother the outside world; we don’t want it bothering us. The strangers you would bring would not understand us, our customs, our local ways.

You just don’t understand, Matt. God has revealed THE TRUTH to them!

30. Matt Westwood says:

“Edwin Poots”. Yes he does, I can smell him from here.

I wonder whether having a terminally ridiculous name is a root cause for being utterly stupidly mad.

“John O’Doherty, the director of Northern Ireland’s Rainbow Project, criticised Mr Poots’ decision to seek an appeal and accused the minister of allowing his “personal prejudices to influence his public responsibilities.””

But that’s what all politicians do. Fact of life.