THIEVING and homosexuality are apparently on the increase in Iran and the US, respectively, and modern technology has been pressed into service to combat these abominations

Fingers

Photographs published by Iran’s official press agency show a blindfolded man having his fingers severed by what appears to be a crude amputation device.

The man had reportedly been convicted of theft and adultery in a court in Shiraz.

In the four images, two masked me dressed entirely in black hold the man’s hand in a vice while another turns a wheel that operates a rotary saw style blade.

Immediately after the public amputation, the local public prosecutor announced punishment of thieves is to become increasingly severe.

Meanwhile, in the US, a pastor has discovered that Powerpoint presentations are an ideal method of reminding the public that gays were responsible for the rise of Nazism.

Will Coats

Will Coats

Will Coats, pastor at Newberry Christian Ministries in South Carolina which exists to “preach and teach the Word of God as His Holy Spirit directs regardless of how anyone will receive it”, recently delivered his second sermon about the increasing problem of homosexuality, then posted his Powerpoint pictures on the Internet.

As The Friendly Atheist points out:

This is the sort of thing Christian pastors are saying to their congregations.

These are the stereotypes and outright lies they’re spreading — with little to no objection from the people sitting in the pews.

This is why gay people (and their allies) have to fight so hard to obtain the same rights straight people have.

Being gay isn’t a disorder. It isn’t the result of some ‘grand scheme’. It doesn’t make you an inferior person. But these are the ideas that permeate religious mentalities, especially Christian ones.

They won’t stop unless Christians begin to call out their pastors and stop supporting ones who believe this harmful nonsense.

Here are two images from Coats’ presentation:

Nazis

Nazi2

Hat tip: Barriejohn (Iran report) and Graham Martin-Royle

43 Responses to “The pictures ain’t pretty when religion uses technology to get its message across”

1. Lucy 1 says:

It occers to me that there are rather a lot of images of fabulous naked me, and lovely men couples. He seems to quite like them,,,,

2. Lucy 1 says:

Occurs..sorry

“Fabulous naked me”, Lucy? Shurely shome mishtake!

That’s what I really like about religion – it is so full of love and compassion and humanity.

And I wholeheartedly agree with The Friendly Atheist, the people who sit there in the churches and the mosques blindly and silently going along with these monsters are utterly culpable.

So, come on Ken, tell us how all this has nothing whatsoever to do with you. Tell us that despite the fact it’s all done in god’s wonderful name it has nothing to do with you or the scriptures that you and other religious people around the world hold so dear.

5. remigius says:

Lucy 1, that has to be the most conceited typo ever!

Freudian slip?

6. Barry Duke says:

These closet queens just don’t get it. Coat’s attempt to throw up a smokescreen is tantamount to waving a rainbow flag.

7. Graham Martin-Royle says:

I wouldn’t call the Iranian machine modern technology, it’s more medieval.

8. remigius says:

Graham, maybe the UN should insist they do use modern technology!

9. Marky Mark says:

I’d like to see them use that amputation machine on our Wall Street Bankers.

Pastor Will Coats is a total liar, the Nazi’s were extreme right wing conservatives. Hell, Hitler himself believed he was ordained by god to rule the world. And the catholic church embraced Nazism, even helping many of their leaders escape to Argentina.

I don’t really understand what this Newberry Christian Ministries really is. They claim not to be part of the “House Churching” movement, which is obviously “of the devil”, and are absolutely obsessed with homosexuality:

God has led us to not have membership. Each is added to NCM by God for His pleasure and purposes (Ephesians 5:13-14).

Men and women are segregated, BTW, “learning what is specific for each gender”!

He links to this “testimony”:

I knew I was gay (exclusively – like 100%) at the age of 12 and practiced homosexuality from age 13. But at 21, I met a Pentecostal evangelist called Ed and my life was radically transformed. Through his ministry Jesus cast demons out of me, including a homosexual demon. I’ve now been married for twenty-two years and we have four children. It’s a miracle that Jesus could make me straight and even a bigger miracle that he’s keeps me straight. My name’s Geoff. I want to share my testimony to say that Jesus is very real. His gospel is a gospel of POWER. His power, the power of His Holy Spirit, is administered through stewards motivated by His love and compassion. My faith is not blind, based on mere words. It is based on the Word; the many miracles which I have experienced and witnessed transforming my life and the life of others. It is based on the power of the blood of Jesus. Incredible miracles of deliverance and healing which Jesus has done, and keeps doing, to myself, my family and many, many other people.

Much more in the same vein on that site. Could be Ken speaking, couldn’t it?

PS Why would it be a miracle that God “keeps him straight”? I’m puzzled!

12. sailor1031 says:

Yeah. Total disregard of truth by christians in pursuit of their agenda is as old as christianity. Hitler hated gays – possibly because he feared his own sexuality; This hatred was a particular force in instigating the ‘night of the long knives’ when the gay Ernst Roehm and many others of the SA were murdered in a consolidation of Hitler’s, and Himmler’s, power.

As for “marry, have and raise children and rule the Earth’ – these were the cardinal orders to the members of the SS. To the point that the organization provided brides (suitably aryan of course) and arranged marriages for its men.

They apparently abhor age segregation, but DO segregate their women. Look at the following site to which they link and you’ll see that the women don’t feature at all – it’s all about the men and boys!

“Marry, Have and Raise Children, and Rule the Earth”:

Doesn’t apply to priests then?

15. RabbitOnAStick says:

In none of the images does the man appear to express any pain, suggesting he may have been drugged before the amputation.”

PHEW !1 Thank goodness.
    That’s a relief.
    And I was thinking it was all a bit barbaric.

16. tony e says:

When I was much younger I used to view religion as silly but harmless, a dying remnant of a time when science, as we know it, did not exist. I was convinced that by my current age (43) that we would only have religion referenced to in history books.

Fast forward three decades and this cancer is still with us.

Here we have two stories that show this disgusting, poisonous, oppressive, cowardly, mental crutch is still as strong as ever.

This sick joke is no longer funny.

17. Robster says:

That Allah fraud is as dodgy as the baby jesus fraud. Cast the nonsense out.

18. Buffy says:

Someone found all of those photos on his hard drive so he cobbled together this power-point travesty to justify them.

19. Georgina says:

“Marry, Have and Raise Children, and Rule the Earth”

Been there, done that, Earth now full. Please to go elsewhere.

20. John A says:

‘In Iran, according to this report, the authorities have unveiled a brand new finger-amputating machine for use on thieves.’
    I’ll be honest, I was somewhat perturbed when I first looked at the accompanied photo. Although the piccie isn’t too sharp, I’m convinced it shows a motor driving a belt connected to the rotary saw machine which has no safety cover! Have these people no Health and Safety executive? Someone could lose their fingers.

21. Lucy 1 says:

@ barriejohn and remigius! You have found me out, exposing my secret alter ego, or being a crap typist overcome by all those rippling muscles…

Lucy: Hope you’ve saved those images now!

John A: You’ve reminded me of a classic Rory Bremner spoof of Lynne Faulds Wood on Watchdog many moons ago, talking about dangerous everyday objects.

“This hand grenade has a nasty sharp bit on the top. You could easily snag your tights on that!”

Didn’t Rowan Williams, our soon to depart Archbishop of C., once express some positive comments about aspects of sharia law being permitted in the UK? I think public finger lopping would attract a crowd as did public hanging. It would have top ratings if shown on TV.

Broga: He’s gone! The present incumbent is blathering on today about children in this country enduring worse poverty than during the Great Depression. Please!

@barriejohn: Gone you say? And he slipped away without me noticing. I have long suspected Rowan of agnostic tendencies. We might see him here some time.

26. Pastor Will Coats says:

There were many more ‘slides.’ Altogether they paint a different picture that what is presented here. Its best to gather all the evidence before coming to a conclusion unless, of course, a particular conclusion is desired over the evidence. All day long and every day we see the evidence of God’s love for us. The majority choose not to see it. (Romans 1:20; 1 John 4:8)

27. Trevor Blake says:

Islam keeps the Arabic world stupid. A little over 300 books translated into Arabic every year. Around four books translated per person in the Arabic world. Six and a half thousand books published in Arabic every year. Compare that to any other language and weep.

Ten Muslim Nobel Prize winners, ever. Compare that to any other group (even women).

Ignore one book in the Arabic world and a million more will blossom.

28. charlie says:

Religion just gets nuttier and more desperate as they have fewer followers. I also agree that those who sit quietly during any presentation by this Coats guy are part of the problem. Too bad none have the decency or guts to get up and walk out during his preformances.

Pastor Will Coats

What different picture would that be, then? One of a man who really cares for all his fellow human beings regardless of what they do in the privacy of their own bedroom? Perhaps you’d like to supply the evidence.

And speaking of ‘a particular conclusion’ being ‘desired over the evidence’, what you’ve just given us there, you numpty, is a perfect description of religious faith.

30. remigius says:

‘All day long and every day we see the evidence of God’s love for us. The majority choose not to see it.’

Yeah, like war, disease, starving children, intolerance and hatred.

That’s some love. I’m just glad your god doesn’t hate us.

But he does hate us, remigius. Remember the flood? How about wiping out entire cities? Turning people to a pillar of salt? And of course, there’s always fiery pit of hell created especially for anybody who dares disobey his tyrannical laws. He’s no loving sky fairy – he’s an angry, jealous monster who despises his own creation.

32. Daz says:

Dear Sheeples,

I love you. I love you all so vewy vwy much. That’s why I slaughter you in job-lots; why I want half of you to mutilate your own genitalia and subjugate the other half to lives of virtual slavery. Because I loves oo.

Yours, lovingly,
        God.

33. David Anderson says:

Gobsluv. “I will let…the wild animals of the whole earth gorge themselves with you. I will strew your flesh on the mountains, and fill the valleys with your carcass. I will drench the land with your flowing blood up to the mountains…”- Ezekiel 32:4-6 (Ken’s pal)

34. remigius says:

AgentCormac. But he killed his own son cos he loves us. That’s hardly the action of a crazy, jealous, domineering psychopath is it?

35. Daz says:

Remigius

But, wait a sec, he is his son, and his son is he. So he committed suicide! And here was me thinking that was considered self-murder; a sin…

Not at all, remigius. What was I thinking? And it was also only right and proper that he should fuck up all our futures by deliberately tricking the whole of humanity (population:2) into doing precisely what he didn’t want us to do in the garden of eden. No, no – this is an entirely rational and caring father figure who just wants the best for us his little children. Thank goodness he’s up there looking after us with that big old benevolent way of his.

37. remigius says:

Daz, are you suggesting he can’t be his own son/father?

38. Daz says:

Remigius

Much better version:

And if you remember the Heinlein story, All You Zombies, that’s the song playing on the jukebox that he tells his assistant to turn off.

Of course, no such thing could happen in the UK:

40. Marky Mark says:

(But he killed his own son cos he loves us.)

God said to Abraham; “Kill me a son”
    Abraham said to god; “Where do you want this killin done?”
    God said; “…Out on highway 51”