TWO vicious anonymous  letters, written “in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, our savior”, have been received by a lesbian couple in Kingston, Ontario, ordering them to leave town or be used as target practice.

The group behind the threats – addressed to “lesbian bitches” – claim their head office is in the “Deep South” and that its memberst had been watching Susan Belyea and Karen Dubinsky for the past few weeks..

The women were told that if they took the letter to the police, the group will use “violence surgically’” to persuade them to leave.

A  follow-up letter threatened that “fun and games will turn into deadly serious action” if the women don’t leave the area. The letter threatens that youngsters armed with BB guns will hunt the women down.

According to TheWhig.com, Kingston police “are aware” of the letters, reproduced below the poster, which, by the way, is not a spoof but one of a series posted around Capitol Hill recently by a gay pro-gun lobbying group:

gay_gun1

We are a small but dedicated group of Kingston residents devoted to removing the scourge of homosexuality in our city. We know you and have been following you for the past several weeks and we wish for you to leave this city, before it is too late, for you. This will be the first of many reminders, each escalating to higher and higher levels of harassment and derailment. Since we have nothing personal against you, only against your sexuality, we suggest you move to more conductive climes like Vancouver, or preferably San Francisco.

Our base, head office in Deep South, has been energized by the recent US Supreme Court decisions legalizing same sex marriage. We feel that unless homosexuals reconvert to heterosexuality that life under this planet, under the umbrella of our Lord Jesus Christ, will become unbearable. Having observed you, we feel that you are committed lesbians unlikely to convert, hence this (first and only) gentle attempt to make you move.

If you do not, and take this letter to police, as we expect, we will know about this, since we have contacts in Kingston Police. Our efforts to relocate you will escalate. We wish to avoid this scenario. We are primarily non-violent, but use violence surgically to persuade people. We hope you understand without us painting to lurid a picture.

In the last several years we have relocated a few people like you from the Kingston area, through a set of incentives and effective persuasion. Please join their ranks ASAP. We will watch and wait, and then strike, at home and office, as need arises. These are not empty threats. MOVE, or else!

Thank you for your attention. We await effective action on your part, ASAP. You are not going to be safe at home, office or anywhere else if you ignore this message! However if you take this seriously, and make attempts to move, someone from our organization will contact you to make your relocation easier financially. If, additionally, you persuade another couple like yourselves to move, we will provide them financial assistance and yourselves a bonus for your help. We are a committed bunch and come hell of high water, we will move you out. Best under congenial circumstances, don’t you think?’

In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, our saviour.

The second letter read:

As a followup, we had a group meeting yesterday on how best to deal with you. Some of our younger members want to have fun chasing “lesbos”. We have brought them BB guns and today they are doing target practice, so that they can hunt you down. It is regrettable that in Canada, real guns are hard to find, so BB it shall be. I can assure you BB pellets hurt!!

This is thrilling for the youngsters not so much to older members who would much rather see serious action rather than playing with BB guns. However youngsters also want to have their fun, and what better targets than you?

Take our previous letter seriously or fun and games will turn into deadly serious action.

Hat tip: Angela K

UPDATE: There is to be a rally in London tomorrow to protest mainly Christian-generated homophobia in Cameroon where gay activist Eric Ohena Lembembe was brutally murdered on July 15.

69 Responses to “Christian crazies in Canada threaten to run a lesbian couple out of town with BB guns”

1. Daz says:

My apparent inability to prove the existence of a race of superhuman nazis are living on the far side of the moon, breeding as fast as they can, so that they can take over the whole world doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

My apparent inability to prove that a species of flying elephants lives in the Antarctic doesn’t mean that it doesn’t exist.

We can play this game for years. In fact, I can play it forever, as my inability to prove that I’m not immortal doesn’t mean that I’m not immortal.

2. David Anderson says:

Bloody hell! Been away for a few days and I’ve come back to find another clueless godbot spewing the usual stuff about “faith”, “belief” and “respect” all over the place.

I wish that these people had the honesty to admit that they are dumbarses but just can’t help it.

3. Daz says:

So, in summation, Crystal, your “research” consists of reading a few books of mythology coupled with “faith,” coupled with a silly argument based on the fact that no one can prove a negative.

Gee, what was that about “intelligent”…?

4. Crystal says:

Well Damn David, at least I’m a lot more respectful then you are.

Hmmm–I wonder if that is due to my belief in a higher power?!! You know the one who teaches me not to judge others and that all men and woman deserve to be respected.

Just food for thought here–I have not once called anyone on these comments a name. In contrast, I’ve been called a robot, a bad mother, an idiot, flaky and more.

Oh,lest I forget–I’m a dumb-ass too.

Well, aren’t you a lovely group of people. Of course with that attitude you will convert millions to your way of thinking!!

5. Crystal says:

@Daz,

Show me your research. Have you not read a few books? Have you not spoken with others, listened to others? I highly doubt you personally have read the Bible through and through trying to disprove it. I highly doubt you yourself has done the scientific research.

No, rather you depend on the research and “facts” of others who believe as you do.

hmmm–sounds pretty familiar, eh?

And for that last time, I would really appreciate you not questioning my intelligence. You can’t begin to know me anymore than I pretend to know you.

I have not once questioned your intelligence, I have simply answered your questions as respectfully as possible.

6. Crystal says:

@Daz,
    There is one flaw in your comment to me regarding the apparent inability to prove something.

It’s called the Bible and the history of Church and religion.

We have years and years of tradition and history to prove the existence of God.

Simply because that may not be a tangible prove, doesn’t mean it isn’t prove.

@ Crystal. Mark Twain summed up faith when he said “Faith is believing something you know ain’t true”

We have someone called Ken who occasionally comes here to quote bits of his bible. We have asked him many times for evidence to support his propositions from the bible but we are still waiting. Admit you have no evidence that your god exists nor that Jesus of the bible actually existed; both of these are the pillars of your belief system without which you have nothing left.

If you studied the three main sciences, I mean really study at least one to degree level in particular Physics or Biology, you’d discover your belief system to be an invalid hypothesis.

8. john says:

I like near Kingston and know that the Gay community in Ontario is massive, well represented and enjoys the support of the vast majority of the population. There aren’t just 2 lesbians living in Kingston, nor is it hard to get a gun in rural Ontario. I am not sure that this isnt all make believe. Although if you believe an invisible sky wizard is supporting your actions, any insanity is possible…..sigh

9. Graham Martin-Royle says:

Crystal, the bible proves nothing, it’s a book written by humans. Do you think that the Harry Potter series prove the existence of Hogwarts school, giants and magic? Of course not, so why persist with the nonsense that the bible is any kind of proof.

History and tradition are also not proofs of gods, if they were then all gods would exist as they all had a history and they all had adherents following traditions associated with those gods.

If you want to prove the existence of a god you need something much more substantive than that.

10. Daz says:

Oh dear oh dear, Crystal. So quick to judge.

Yes, I have read the Bible. So have you, I assume. So what. The Bible attests to the beliefs of people in the period during which the various bits were written. It adds no evidence in support of the existence of Yahweh, the object of those beliefs.

And I’m not trying to “prove” any scientific theory. I’m merely pointing out that your hypothesis—”god did it”—has no supporting evidence.

I question the intelligence of anyone who thinks “you can’t prove it isn’t true” is a good argument. If you don’t like having your intelligence questioned, don’t use unintelligent argumentation.

11. Crystal says:

At this point, I am going to bow out of these conversations as you all seem to be doing the very thing you seem to detest– trying to convince me that your way of believing is the only way.

I truly do wish you all well in your journeys and I must say (and laugh as you wish), I have gained two things from these discussions:

1.) My belief in God is stronger after hearing your arguments.
    2.) I have one more thing to add to my prayer list.

Take that as you will, I’m sure you will see this as a cowardly move. However, it is a respectful one.

12. Daz says:

1.) My belief in God is stronger after hearing your arguments.

If your belief can be made stronger, merely because you don’t like the opposing belief, then you’re doing this “thought” thing wrong.

2.) I have one more thing to add to my prayer list.

Prayer: a great way of doing sod all, whilst convincing yourself that you’re helping.

13. AngieRS says:

Barriejohn, seriously, Oliver Cromwell? The man who gave us Ireland? For what he did to the Irish, he deserved all he didn’t get.

14. David Anderson says:

Here is some news for you Crystal. I have no respect for the shitstain on humanity that is the Roman Catholic Church, nor do I have any respect for people like you who support it.

Crystal: Your belief is ‘stronger’ because to admit to yourself that it is ‘weaker’ would strip all meaning from your life. From reading all your posts it is very clear you have invested your entire humanity in this christian belief system. So it is only natural that you will desperately hold on even tighter to its ‘teachings’ whenever they are challenged. Your ‘faith’ is really ‘fear’. I mean nothing insulting here – I simply mean you are too weak – intellectually and emotionally – to step into the unknown and see your existence as a meaningless abberation. You cannot embrace the nothingness of death and still see life as an exciting mystery that does not need a belief system. I’m not writing this to change your mind – I think you are much too deep inside a comfortable delusion for that – I writing it to show you that realising your highest achievement as a human being will be the re-cycling of your carbon atoms through the gut of a worm, needs emotional strength. It’s my destiny and yours too.

AngieRS: Cromwell didn’t “give us Ireland”; that had been going on for generations, and previous English rulers had committed similar atrocities in Scotland and Wales as well. You have to see Cromwell in context. He was a fanatical Christian, but so were most people in Britain at that time, and he wasn’t what we would term a democrat today. However, the country was on the verge of anarchy, and whilst we freethinkers might sympathize more with the views of groups like the Levellers, if he hadn’t managed to hold things together the outcome might have been very different indeed – just look at post-revolutionary France and The Terror!

PS I get really annoyed at the ridiculous assertion by his admirers that it was the activities of John Wesley that saved England from bloody revolution. We didn’t have a revolution as such because the monarchy in Britain had been brought under control a century earlier!

@Crystal: Christians are not content with a “higher power” existing. Oh no, they posit a very specific God with very specific characteristics. I don’t know. There may well be a “higher power” or some kind of “force” or something we humans with out minds forged on this planet cannot understand. We are creatures of a specific place where we evolved and our abilities evolved to respond to that.

Any “higher power”, whatever it is or is not, has no relevance to your God and shows a massive indifference to the fate of humanity. We could be snuffed out anytime. In fact, when Armageddon hits I think the cause is likely to be religious belief.

19. […] Christian crazies in Canada threaten to run a lesbian couple out of town with BB guns […]