ANJEM Choudary, who last week commended two jailed Muslim thugs for their violent vigilantism in London, managed to rally only 30 supporters when he led a march last Friday in Brick Lane to demand a ban on alcohol sales.

According to this report, the rag-tag bunch of lunatics marched along the east London street renowned for its bars, clubs and curry houses, and Choudary used a megaphone to accuse restaurants and shops of breaking strict Islamic law.

Choudhary pictured second from right outside an off licence

Choudary pictured second from right outside an off licence

The event, organised by the little known Shariah Project based in Waltham Forest, drew a small counter-demonstration by English nationalists.

Ahead of the march, Abu Rumaysah, spokesman for Shariah Project, claimed that groups of Muslims would come from as far away as the Midlands to take part in the demonstration.

He forecast a turnout of “hundreds” instead of fewer than the 50 first expected. Police would be surprised at the scale of the turnout, he predicted.

Rumaysah, 30, said:

We’ve had an overwhelming response from people supporting us from all over the country. Lots of them say they are coming and we will have groups from Luton, Birmingham, Derby and Leicester. There’s also a big Muslim community in Tower Hamlets, so there should be a good turnout.

A brief stand-off took place between the two small groups groups at Brick Lane’s junction with Whitechapel Road, with the sides kept apart by police officers – who outnumbered both groups combined.

Choudary was partial to a beer or two before he lost his marbles and became an Islamic fundamentalist

Choudary said Brick Lane was:

A den of iniquity.

And he complained:

The vast majority of Muslims are very secular. The shops are run by Muslims and they know they are selling alcohol and they know the sale and consumption of alcohol is completely prohibited.

The non-Muslims should be grateful. Alcohol is the cause of many crimes. We cannot live among the non-Muslims and see this evil take place.

But Choudary was shouted down by a passing Muslim who insisted that the self-appointed spokesman of Islam did not represent his faith.

Ahead of the march there had been fears that it would divide the Tower Hamlets community. But such fears appered unfounded as many local people distanced themselves from the protest.

Shop owners had been served with a notice purported sent by the Tower Hamlets Department of Business Regulation. It was headed: Your Licence to Sell Alcohol has been revoked. Do not Ignore this Letter.

Click on extract below to read the entire notice.

Notice

The Metropolitan Police said no arrests were made. A Scotland Yard spokesman said:

The event passed off without incident.

23 Responses to “Flop of the Week: Boozehound-turned-preacher leads a failed Muslim protest against alcohol in London”

1. stargraves says:

Why weren’t arrests made? They should have locked the lot of them up for disturbing the peace at the very least. And by “peace” – I mean on earth and goodwill to all men. (and women)

If they don’t like civilisation – then they know what they can do with themselves.

2. Har Davids says:

Stargraves I’m sure we all would be much better of if these cretins move to some Shariah-ruled country, but living on benefits in the Infidel world beats saving your soul by living in an environment that allegedly would suit these people more.

3. Matt+Westwood says:

The good news is that they live in a society which allows such pointless behaviour. If we made such protests illegal then we would also render illegal our own ability to protest against things that make us a bit miffed.

4. Trevor Blake says:

Nothing Mr. Choudary said was outside of mainstream Islam. Mainstream, non-extreme, normal Quran-based Islam is the problem, with murderous extremism Islam the immediate problem. Islam should not be banned in the USA, but it deserving only of mockery and reasoned criticism. No respect.

5. charlie says:

Yeah, here they go again. Come into my house and tell me to stop smoking my cigarettes and I’ll show you that the door you entered by is also an exit. When in Rome, etc.. Of course these “very devout” Muslims cannot, will not live and let live. They “must” impose their own brand of stupid on all of us. Well, in my opinion, their “right” to impose ends at my person and home. I’d remind them that they are not only free, but welcome to move to some country where their “precious” sharia IS the law of the land. But what the hell, I’m just an old heathen/atheist.
    Also, respect has to be earned. Let them put that in their pipe and smoke it.

@Nelmonster: I get the sense that the man in the photo is not going to be readily susceptible to instructions to stop drinking alcohol. I would not be eager myself to try and persuade him. If the readers of the Quran feel like trying then the results might be interesting.

7. Nelmonster says:

@Broga,
    I agree that the chap probably has a drink problem. What was amusing about it was that the kerfuffle in the background is choudrys ‘protest’.
    Having known many street drinkers like this man, I know who I would trust, (except maybe with a tin of beer).

8. la la la .....la la la lalla says:

islam – the shit stain on the underpants of london, luton leicester, birmingham, derby and every other jihadist infiltrated town in the uk. The hateful fuckwit and nasty piece of excrement choudray can scream and shout and bitch and whine and shriek and complain as much as he wants but he needs a to wake up to the realisation that he will one day come up against someone who will kick his teeth right down his kaffir hating throat.

@Nelmonster: I “know” a couple of street inhabitants whom I meet on my occasional visits to Brighton. I find them very likeable, especially the one with his dog. I’m a sucker where dogs are concerned. It seems to me that chance casts many people into the role they have to play.

My wife, a retired Inner City GP had a high regard for many of her patients who were prostitutes. Far from deserving the vilification they often got they were women abandoned and often beaten by men and they were finding a hard way to support their children.

At the other end of the scale we have upper crust spivs and layabouts, often living on the money from Trust Funds, and who have never done a day’s work in their lives. They find time, some of them, to call in at the House of Lords and sign in, so that they can collect their unearned fee.

10. Albert Yome says:

Are the benefits that low in [insert-name-here]stan/abia that Andy prefers to stay in the den of iniquity that is Londonistan?

11. Douglas Anderson says:

“We cannot live among the non-Muslims and see this evil take place.” Then why is he trying ti impose his religious beliefs on a secular society that promotes democracy and freedom rather than theocracy and totalitarianism? He is welcome to leave and move to an Islamic country where he can then live. That is his right. He does not have the right to tell us how to live.

12. Barry Duke says:

Trevor, in the wake of this report I have been doing some reading on Muslims and alcohol.

Two things I learned: Big Mo, apart from enjoying tight pussy, loose shoes and a warm place to shit, also liked wine; and the there does not appear to be a blanket ban on imbibing alcohol in the Koran, although it frowns on its use.

Specifically it warns the faithful not to pray if they are drunk.

13. Matt+Westwood says:

“… it warns the faithful not to pray if they are drunk.”

Wonder why that is? Perhaps you’ll drive the prayer into the wrong god’s living-room?

14. Nelmonster says:

@Broga,
    What a coincidence, (although they say there is no such thing as coinkidink lol)
    Brighton was my haunt for many years.
    Couldn’t agree more. We may even know the same dogs. :-)

15. Barry Duke says:

Ah Nelmonster, another Brighton fan. When I was there a couple of weeks ago I got on a bus clutching Dawkins’ “God Delusion”. A young Muslim, struggling in vain to produce a worthwhile beard, plonked himself down on the seat next to me, glanced at my book, glared at me and pointedly drew a Koran out of his briefcase.

“Do you a deal,” I said. “I’ll swap you. I was on the way to Poundland to get some toilet paper, but you’ll save me the journey if you give me your holy book.”

He almost fell over his feet to find another seat.

16. Stephen Mynett says:

Barry: “Fast approaching 70, I reckon I have survived long enough to be as rude and cantankerous as possible to delusional fools.”

I have felt that way for a long time, I had my first run in with a faith healer/hospital visitor when I was nine, she became quite abusive when I asked where her god was during the Aberfan disaster and suggested if god could do nothing about a slag heap I doubt he could help with haemophilia either. Unsurpsisingly I also had a telling off from the ward sister as hospitals kowtowed totally to religion in those days, as some still do.

17. Dennis says:

what is going on in the uk is what is gonna happen here if we don’t find some way to deter the muslims from coming here. I hate all religions but there is none more dangerous to a free society than islam in my opinion. And barry, wish there were more like you at 70 i bet you have a ton of interesting stories to tell. And i don’t have to tell you but you would have gotten the short end of the deal to trade off dawkins.

18. Dess says:

Peope on this thread keep asking “Why does he live here? Why does he not go somewhere were his beloved Sharia is the law of the land?”
    The answer is twofold. Firstly, he has a comfortable life here. Secondly, and more importantly, Islam is not here to share the world. It’s written into its texts to spread and conquer all until Sharia law governs all mankind.
    No wonder others less interested don’t understand the threat if some on this site don’t either.
    I fear Islam has won already. Just give them a few more numbers. A few firebombs through windows on Brick Lane and they’ll have won in this arena. We already know we are cowtowed by Muslim threats and violence. And they know it too.
    We are cowards on mass being ruled by cowards.
    I genuinely fear for the future.

@Des: I wonder if one of the problems in the UK is lethargy. We just can’t be bothered. The result is millions distracted by crap television, excited by non entities now regarded as celebrities and obsessed by sport while themselves sitting passively watching. The idea that the zillions spent on the Olympics in the expectation that this would “encourage” people to become active is now shown to be a vain hope.

The other problem is that the posh boys from the posh schools with their posh mates run the show and the plebs don’t think they have any way of influencing things. They may even think that the posh boys know best anyway. The UK is still a class ridden country and most plebs will kow tow to a title or a posh voice. The thought that most of these aristos are no more than spivs with money is alien to us. (“The Gamblers” by John Pearson is a brilliant expose of these layabouts. The only work the late, unlamented, and murdering Lord Lucan ever did was going to the House of Lords to sign in for his £13 a day expenses: he never spoke there.)

Where do the judges come from? the army officers? the top echelons of the professions? The same class, the same universities and the same bloody golf clubs. The result is that those who might do something don’t know about ordinary life and think they know. And those who know think they don’t know and haven’t the faintest idea how they might do anything.

There is a vast semi literate pleb class that doesn’t write, can scarcely read (they see the Daily Mail as the height of sophistication) and have no notion about how to think. They are indifferent to the continuing destruction of the planet. I think it was Graham Le Saute, the footballer, who said he was regarded as an intellectual because he read The Guardian.

The answer, I suppose, is in education but with faith schools and the influence of Michael Gove with his largess to free schools I don’t place much hope in that.

Rant over.

20. Dess says:

@Broga
    Whereas I agree with a lot you had to say, to my shame the greatest thing I took from your “rant” was the fact I thought “Kowtow” was spelt with a “C”. Cheers:)

@Broga: Look at the second line above in the Prohibition of the Sale where it says ‘…the quran, which states “Alcohol, gambling, divination by arrows…”…’

There’s a lot of good stuff in your rant that I could hardly disagree with. I think someone, somewhere has clearly been ‘divining with arrows’ – whatever that means.

The UK’s class system, poor schools, crappy quality of life are what finally drove me and my family out. I wasn’t prepared to let my kids attend the local failing school because we couldn’t afford to buy a house near a better school. We’ve been gone almost 8 years now and we haven’t regretted a moment. But I have been shocked and saddened to read what’s going on back in the UK with ‘faith’ schools, the rise of radical islam, gender segregation in universities (though this is now ‘under review’ I believe), the cost of university education etc. No country is perfect, obviously, but if those in power take the wrong decisions, then the direction a county – any country – takes can be disastrous.