Archive

Crazy Baptist troll Bob Hutton starts his very own blog

Crazy Baptist troll Bob Hutton starts his very own blog

BREAKING news: Bob Hutton, the mutton-headed evangelist who’s been trolling this site for months, has launched his own blog.

And there are no prizes for guessing what his debut post on “The Gospel Truth” is all about.

Just what is about these maggots that they cannot leave the subject of homosexuality alone? It seems to pervade their every conscious thought, and I shouldn’t be surprised if they don’t dream of it as well.

Says Hutton:

Last year they [the Government] passed a ‘gay hate’ law which made it an offence to incite hatred against gays. Of course, no true Christian wants to do anything of the kind, but simply teaching that homosexuality is sinful should not be a criminal offence.

What a disingenuous little shit!

People like him scuttle away like cockroaches whenever it is pointed out to them that their “teaching” translates directly into violence, bleating all the while “it’s nothing to do with us, guv.”

The hard truth – and this comes directly from an evangelical Christian in the US – is that evangelical types have been, and still are, directly responsible for a great deal of violence and emotional pain meted out to gay people.

Back in June, David P Gushee – reviewing a book entitled Crisis: 40 Stories Revealing the Personal, Social, and Religious Pain and Trauma of Growing Up Gay in America – wrote:

As an evangelical Christian whose career has been spent in the South, I must say I find it scandalous that the most physically and psychologically dangerous place to be (or even appear to be) gay or lesbian in America is in the most religiously conservative families, congregations and regions of this country. Many of the most disturbing stories in this volume come from the Bible Belt. This marks an appalling Christian moral failure.

The accounts of murder, suicide and appalling abuse gathered in this volume are enough to make one’s blood run cold.

Gushee adds:

Crisis recounts the sad stories of dozens of young people who, like the biblical Esau, cried for a blessing from their parents, friends and churches. All too often they have not received it. All too often they have been left broken, rejected as human beings – at the hands of Christians and in the name of the Bible. Obviously we must extend basic acceptance to gay youths such as these, as well as Christian love.

Moreover, after reading these stories, I feel that Christians have something they need to request from God and from gays and lesbians, and that is forgiveness.

Commenting on his own blog, Hutton says:

You may notice that on my comments I have put on a facility that means all comments are pre-moderated. This is because once our atheist ‘friends’ find it they will, no doubt, put on abusive comments and even profanity.

And how did I find it? Simply by following a link this nauseating little attention-seeker sent to me earlier today.

There is another comment on his blog, congratulating him his entry into the blogosphere. It’s from an American Baptist preacher Tom Estes, a fitting name consider the balls he preaches.

T. Estes and his family (click on pic to learn more about this numpty)

T Estes and his family (click on pic to learn more about this numpty)

I just want to encourage you to keep it up, regardless of what attacks may come your way. And rest assured, when the atheists who hate you find out you have a blog, they will attack, but don’t stop. We have God on our side, which means we win!

Why do the words “mutual masturbation” spring immediately to mind?

Personally I am delighted that Hutton has launched a blog. Hopefully it will keep him from trolling this and similar sites, and curtail his obsession with entering supermarkets and inserting religious tracts into packets of food.

• This (edited) post first appeared on the Freethinker site on August 21, 2009.

28 responses to “Crazy Baptist troll Bob Hutton starts his very own blog”

1. geoff says:

Fundies have push-button issues; religious fundies are fixated on homosexuality for reasons that must go far beyond a couple of sentences in a bible.

It's exhausting hating a single person, to hate an entire class of people must be debilitating so there must be a reason why fundies think it is worth the effort.

I wonder what the reason is.

2. Buffy says:

I'm not even going to pollute my mind by reading his bilge. I already tortured myself enough with this scumbucket, who like Boob, insists he's just preaching the Word of God when he's doing so much more. I have no tolerance for idiots who are perpetually obsessed with making our lives a living hell for the sheer joy of it.

3. Buffy says:

4. Buffy says:

5. REX says:

I say that we rally the troops and go put the squeeze on the number of comments he can moderate in a lifetime!

But they've had "God on their side" for two thousand years now, and according to their own propaganda things are worse now than they've ever been! Isn't there a slight contradiction (or dare I say it, "lack of logic") here somewhere?

7. barry_duke says:

Hey Buffy, you link doesn't seem to working

8. barry_duke says:

Perhaps their god isn't all it's cracked up to be. I think it might have been John William Gott, the last man to be jailed in the UK for blasphemy in 1921 who suggested that the almighty was incompetent and should be put on half-pay.

9. Buffy says:

Weird….it works for me. But here it is without all the fancy HTML stuff. Hopefully that will work better for you: http://gaytheistagenda.lavenderliberal.com/2009/0

10. tony e says:

We need people like Bob. It lets us know we are getting things right. If he is upset, then we are hitting the right buttons.

11. Tim Danaher says:

So, Hutton's got a blog.

A Cliché, yes, but once again…

21st-century technology in the service of bronze-age mentality.

12. shargraves says:

Listening to his sickening incitement to murder – knowing he will be without censure is rather galling. I looked at the prick's website and was just as shocked when I checked out his Nazi wife's blog. what a charming family of shit-for-brains hate-filled crypto-facsists.

Sad thay have so many children as they are no doubt filling their innocent minds with all manner of imbecilic trash and hatred.

Depressing. America has a LOT to answer for these days.

13. asquith says:

"I have been praying for Barry Duke for some time as he is filled with hatred – clearly he needs Jesus in his life."

Seious question now, how does it make you feel that you're being prayed for?

People have prayed for my conversion in the past. I found it a bit disturbing, couldn't quite explain why though. I am intrigued as to what your reaction would be, or that of anyone else who's been in a similar situation.

14. Thomas says:

So…he's looking forward to Atheists "finding" his blog, and he sent you a link, and if we try to comment, he'll complain that we've commented and use it to bolster his argument…I vote we ignore him.

And I wouldn't count on him ignoring you now, he's probably figured out how to have two tabs open on the internet.

15. barry_duke says:

Do I find Bob's prayers disturbing? No way! I think they're a hoot, Asquith. Bob the Nob, and dozens like him, have been praying me for ages (or at least, so they claim, but who knows, as they are all such consummate liars?) If, indeed, they have been praying for me, it simply proves once again that prayer DOES NOT WORK. If it did, I would have binned my intellect, along with my critical faculties and sense of humour, years ago, and thrown my lot in with these deeply creepy, smug, santimonious arseholes. Can you picture me wearing a Jesus Army T-shirt? Yeah, me neither!

16. DanielV says:

Isn’t “mutual masturbation” an oxymoron? Certainly when two people are involved, pleasuring each other, it ceases to be masturbation? Just good ole christian-on-christian action?

17. Stuart H. says:

By their own logic, wouldn't any Christian wanking be an exhibitionist?
    Actually, now I think that one through as well, it gets even sicker – what kind of wierdo masturbates while their dad watches?

18. Stoneyground says:

I think that ignoring these people is the best way to deal with them, I mean, complaining about you posting on their blogs while sending you a link.

Asqiuth, I have not had the privilage of being prayed for but it wouldn't bother me, as Barry pointed out, my lack of conversion would make my case and nail theirs.

19. Lyle says:

It's about time Christians started reading their Bibles, and demand the death penalty for gays, as well as witches and fortunetellers, and policemen and emergency room staff working on Sundays (no Christian needs medical care as they can be healed by prayer), and children who strike their parents, and so on. What's the point of having the Word of God at one's fingertips if everyone in the Christian faith just ignores it, or pretends that Jesus somehow changed the law. Jesus said that he did not come to change the law (which he wrote before his human/ghost hybrid form).

20. Buffy says:

Oh, but they're just expressing their "deeply held religious beliefs", don't you know?

And of course when one of their minions goes on a killing spree they'll cluck their tongues and deny all responsibility, just like everyone associated with Scot Roeder.

The emergency services can do all the work they like on a Sunday, Lyle, as there is no prohibition on it in the Bible! The Sabbath begins at 6.00 pm on Friday and ends at 6.00 pm on Saturday, and as you so rightly point out, Jesus said that he did not come to destroy the Law. This fact suddenly dawned on the Seventh Day Adventists, who are still shunned by the rest of Christianity just because they observe the Sabbath as laid down in the Bible. How strange!!

22. Lyle says:

Yikes! Well, at least now I won't have to worry about whether I should tip the waitress after Sunday breakfast or stone her to death. Bless you.

23. Stoneyground says:

I didn't know that bit about the Adventists, didn't they start out following an endtime prophet called Miller? He kept predicting the end of the world and getting it wrong and no matter how many times it happened there were still a few followers too thick to work out that he was full of shit. I always thought that the Lord's Day Observance Society should be called the Day After The Lord's Day Observance Society.

No, just blow up all the shopkeepers who dare to open on a Saturday!

Most fundamentalist evangelical groups are pre-Millennialists as well, but the Adventists did have an obsession with trying to forecast the date and time of Christ's reappearance (in common with many others, I might add!). They seem to have moved on from this now, and are much more mainstream really. A big sticking point, though, is their belief that the soul has no consciousness. This is anathema to most "Bible-believers", but it's quite obvious that you are going to end up with these varied doctrines when you are following the writings of "prophets" who all had their own ideas in the first place! The very earliest Jewish religious writings, lke the Book of Job, do have this idea that when you die your soul just fades away. This is miles away from the teachings of "Paul", whoever he was, which, strangely enough, followed the philosophy of the time in which they were written – hahaha!!!

26. […] and while on the subject of demented Christians, I had an email last night from the troll Bob Hutton that had me in stitches. Hutton, who is obsessed with the Freethinker blog, wrote: Hey Barry, […]

27. […] forces a smile, and introduces himself as Bob Hutton, a baptist from Kent. “Well, there’s something I may be able help you with. But first, may I ask whether you have […]