World cup boots a ‘gay abomination’

World cup boots a ‘gay abomination’

FOLLOWING a report that footballers like Italy’s Mario Balotelli would all be wearing different brightly-coloured boots on either foot at the World Cup finals in Brazil, a bonkers Russian Orthodox priest has made a right horse’s arse of himself by claiming the boots are an ”abomination” designed to promote homosexuality.

Writing in his column on Russian People’s Line, the deranged Alexander Shumsky claimed that players are promoting a “gay rainbow” by wearing green, pink, yellow and blue shoes.

He said:

Wearing pink or blue shoes, [the players] might as well wear women’s panties or a bra. The liberal ideology of globalism clearly wants to oppose Christianity with football. I’m sure of it.

Therefore I am glad that the Russian players have failed and, by the grace of God, no longer participate in this homosexual abomination

Russia exited the competition in the group stages, failing to win any of their three matches.

The priest also criticised the “unthinkable” hairstyles of some of the players in the tournament.

Shumsky

Alexander Shumsky

The Puma ‘Tricks’ boots which have so upset the deranged priest, are designed, according to the company, to represent:

The unshakable confidence of players who wear them, and evoke their potential to do the unbelievable.

Balotelli added:

I have to be honest, the first time I saw the boots, I thought the Puma guy was mad. But when I realised he wasn’t, I was already excited.

Hat tip: Angela K and BarrieJohn

30 responses to “World cup boots a ‘gay abomination’”

Priests, on the other hand, never look in the least bit gay, do they?

Priests should have a look at themselves sometimes. Funny hats, dresses, crosses, carrying large sticks, dinky shoes (check out Frankie), perfume (or insence as they term it) and enough jewellery to stock a shop.

3. Norman Paterson says:

I am so glad this priest fellow is there to tell me what it all means. I would not have had the slightest suspicion otherwise: I would have just thought,there are some blokes with unusual boots. I could have been converted to gay!

I will go and rip all the flowers out of my garden now, just in case the sight of them converts me to gayness. Don’t know what to do about rainbows, though. Perhaps I should get glasses to convert everything to black and white?

4. Barry Duke says:

A Christian seeing things that don’t exist? Say it isn’t so!

5. Vanity Unfair says:

Deranged, indeed. Everybody knows there’s no pink in a rainbow.

6. Dioniogi says:

Everybody knows it is so they can tell which feet the shoes go on

His beard and hair are, by any measure, also ‘unthinkable’ – he looks like he’s ready for the grave.

And anyway what is it about a hair style that’s ‘unthinkable’? Does he mean that if you just ‘think’ of such a hairstyle you will immediately be tempted to start cross-dressing and put on ‘panties and a bra’? Methinks this guy is ‘seeing’ sex everywhere and in everything for the simple reason he is so madly frustrated he is clawing at the walls with lust. So instead he re-directs his orgasmic needs into making the life of everyone else miserable. What a prick!

8. Paul Cook says:

Barry Duke
    Very good. Made me laugh out loud!

Norman I agree. I noticed the different coloured boots and I did wonder why, but now it is explained it’s a gay take over thing, I won’t watch it any more.

I think I am saved.

The mad priest could be right, the players often hug each other and spend time in a communal bath – very homo-erotic, but as Football is riddled with homophobia [and racism] I doubt it.

A quick meander back to the subject of JWs – interesting article on this morning BBC News website about them taking their deranged message to the streets.

We’ve seen them doing this recenty in our local market town square. The missus made me promise I wouldn’t get into a row with them!

11. Paul Cook says:

AC

I think they stand outside tube stations in London. I’ve seen a few.
    I also saw a bunch of christians who have leaflets headed ‘why god opposes smoking’. As I didn’t look I wasn’t sure they were JW’s.

Odd considering god put all the plants and herbs on the earth for our use.

@Paul Cook

Ah, but it was the fall from grace that made us use them for all the wrong reasons. Presumably.

Meanwhile, back on the World Cup theme, I spotted this article about how god helps footballers to win.

Strangely enough, there wouldn’t appear to be a similar article citing players getting angry or disillusioned with their deity when he completely ignores their pleas for victory. There was actually a reasonably long BBC video report on the same subject the other evening, but I don’t seem to be able to track it down.

13. Paul Cook says:

@AC

I could only get half way through the article. Sorry.

I have noticed this religiosity in sport become more prevalent, I want to vomit every time I see these clowns cross themselves or point to the sky or otherwise bow down on the grass in prayer.

Their undeniable stupidity knows no bounds – which side does god support? ‘he/she/it/they’ might not even like football?

14. barfly says:

As I wear a pair of blue shoes does that mean I am potentially gay? It may be the reason why my efforts to find a new female partner is proving difficult. As to the JW the door knocking as proved very fruitless. The street stands are avoided to the one in the precinct here in kettering is avoided like the plague. If you want to start an argument ask them why they cover up for paedophiles

15. Norman Paterson says:

@AgentCormac – I had just had my breakfast so I couldn’t risk reading your linked article closely, but I wonder if this kind of behaviour can help people to think a bit more rationally about religion. The key question is this: does showing this behaviour on TV draw more people in to religion than it turns away? My guess is that most viewers do not think about it at all, so they will not be affected by it, or will be strengthened in their existing beliefs or lack thereof. I find it hard to think that any non-believers will be persuaded to change their minds by the “evidence” of a goal. But I can well imagine that some believers will begin to wonder what’s going on … did god really cause that goal? If so, what the hell is he doing playing football when so many other prayers are unanswered … and if he did not cause the goal, then what does that say about the praying footballer’s faith … and by implication, about *my* faith?

So, I think that the more religious imbecility, atrocities, etc we get to see on the mass media, the better – better than having them in secret, not better than not having them at all. Give them enough rope, and they will emancipate others.

16. Norman Paterson says:

Barfly – you could ask them how magnets work. That is good for Mormons.

17. Barry Duke says:

If not-so-smart Alex is having conniptions over multi-coloured shoes, he’s bound to have a full-blown seizure if he spots this:

The BBC does have this on its News Magazine site, but it’s from 2011:

And how did we miss this?

THE faith of the Church of England does not appear to extend to its football team. Asked to come up with prayers for England success in the World Cup, the Bishop of Leeds, the Rt Revd Nick Baines, came up with just two words – part invocation, part helpless lament: “Oh God. . .”

Hahahahaha!!!

At least we now know why Ingerland performed so appallingly!

Some people take the prayer thing seriously, anyway, and they’re praying for SUCCESS, not sportsmanlike conduct (whatever that might mean nowadays) or protection from injury:

Some of the comments on that Nigerian site are very encouraging. Sometimes we see Africa as a hopeless case, but there are obviously many who are sane and rational – not just Leo Igwe!

#If I may ask how many times have our Senate called for prayers on the threat of Unemployment,Boko Haram,Ombatse,Kidnappers etc? So soccer is more sensitve than hundreds of innocent lives falling victims deadly including our gallant officers & millions of their dependant whose future are now bleak as a result of the death of their bread winners. It’s a pity we need prayers in sport not in insecurity…

#Madness in full display

#What has prayers got to do with football? Prepare well and go play your football,both countries have the same God nau…..all these our leaders sef!

Yet more xtain homophobia – in this case a bakery in Northern Ireland that has refused an order to bake a cake which was to include a message supporting gay marriage. The god-bothering loon who runs Ashers Baking Company had this to say about the fact that he may end up in court: ‘I would like the outcome of this to be that, any Christians running a business could be allowed to follow their Christian beliefs and principles in the day-to-day running of their business and that they are allowed to make decisions based on that.

To which Gavin Boyd, a campaigner with the Rainbow Project, replied: ‘The law is really clear. You cannot pick and choose which sides of the law apply to you.’

Guess who’s giving the bakery legal advice. Yup – you already know it, don’t you.

I will probably watch the Germany v Brazil game this evening and I am supporting Germany. Just reading about all that religious drivel about Brazil turns me off them. There must be some atheists/agnostics or religious indifferents in the German team?

Germany has a good historical record on analysing and criticising the bible and exposing its incredible contents. George Eliot dealt with this well, and with her usual literary brilliance, in Middlemarch when she wrote about the ignorance of Casaubon in writing his magnum opus. If he had been able to read the German experts he need not have wasted his time. It always grieved me that Dorothea, whom I fancied, married the berk.

AgentCormac, I saw that report in the Independent this morning and sent it to Barry; the comment section at about 8:30 seemed to have been hijacked by christian bigots applauding the bakers.

25. charlie says:

With regards to this cake mess, I see where some xtian loon “thinks” the law needs an escape clause to “protect” these nut ball xtians. WHY? Why does there need to be a law to “protect” any xtians ever? Doesn’t their doG “protect” them already? Why do they need a law to do what their doG is supposedly doing already? Seems their “faith” in this doG isn’t all they claim it to be if they now need a new law or some “escape clause” in an existing law to “protect” them from the evil atheists. If they piss me off enough, the law and their doG combined would not be enough to escape my payback to them. There are numerous ways to give decent payback without any sort of violence. Payback, done properly is nearly an art form in and of itself. Just takes a bit of practice is all to do it right.
    Again, I see this a a huge failure on the part of ALL the xtians here, none seem to have any real “faith” in their doG, if they DID have real faith in that critter, they’d NOT need any special “escape clause” from any laws, ever.

26. charlie says:

Rats! Posted the above comment on the wrong article. Ten thousand apologies Barry and others for my error.
    Wow, some loon xtian is on a rant because footballers are wearing differently colored shoes/boots? Well, there is no low to which some religious loons will stoop to it seems. How sad it must be to live that sort of life.
    While I fully support the Atheist Shoe company, the style of footwear they produce isn’t for me. I prefer boots, square toed and a lower heel than the typical US style cowboy boot. The Doc Martens are OK, but arthritic fingers prefer non lace footwear. To each his own. I would, if possible get my boots resoled with their logo on my current boots and be proud to wear such.

27. Bubba T Flubba says:

Oh dearie dearie me…….fuckwit bigots with constipated minds……full of shit.

28. Robster says:

Get a black & white telly you silly twit. 50 shades of grey.

29. Paul Cook says:

AGENT CORMAC

I see that there clearly is no god or jesus cheering for Brazil then.

oh dear oh dear. I wonder what the mop headed moron David Silva asks of jesus about this 7-1 loss. I guess he will use the age old (fake) apology and it was part of ‘his’ plan or some other mendacious nonsense.

Robster: Can you see things in colour on your telly then?