Muslim ‘mystic’ kills faithful follower

Muslim ‘mystic’ kills faithful follower

Muhammad Sabir, a Pakisanti pir (Sufi mystic), was arrested after his dead-raising skills failed to re-animate a volunteer who had his throat cut this week.

But far from being angry, the dead man’s sister, Samina, insisted that her brother had sacrificed himself for the sorceror, and that Sabir should not have been arrested.

Why should I mourn when I know that my brother is in heaven? He will be rewarded for his services for the spiritual leader in the afterlife.

According to this report, the pir was arrested on Wednesday. A Saddar police spokesman said Sabir became popular in the village of Mubarakabad in Bahawalnagar for his ability to perform “miracles”.

His big show number was performed after he called for a volunteer who had to be married and have children.

Muhammad Niaz, 40, a daily wage worker and father of six children, eagerly agreed to allow Sabir to demonstrate his “miraculous powers”.

He was placed on a table in a square, his hands and legs were bound and his throat was cut as people looked on.

Then someone called the police. But Niaz was dead before they arrived,

Witnesses said Sabir uttered some words to bring him back to life. They said when he realised his “miracle” had not worked, he tried to flee.

He was detained by the villagers and handed over to the police. Locals told police that he had asked a local pet store to donate birds and dogs so that could save villagers from black magic.

They said he sacrificed the animals and sprinkled their blood on his followers. He also asked them to sprinkle the blood at the entrances of their houses to be protected from evil.

Hat tip: M A Chohan

15 responses to “Muslim ‘mystic’ kills faithful follower”

1. Newspaniard says:

So… See this top hat, I’m going to pull a rabbit out of it. Don’t believe me? Lie on that table over there and my lovely assistant, Rita, will tie you up.

The dim VOLUNTEERED so in this aspect good riddens to another psychotically delusional dimwit. BUT..
    He was tied down and SOMEONE else cut his throat. That is not the same thing as cutting your own throat. So although a psychotically delusional dimwit, the participants should be charged and jailed. If he had CUT HIS OWN throat then back to the 1st line.

It seems so easy to be regarded as a genuine mystic with miraculous powers. All you need is to get amongst a society of illiterates who are strangers to critical thought. Justin Welby could learn from this.

Instead of doubting God Welby should claim that Jesus appeared on his lawn, they had a chat, and Welby has now acquired mystical powers. Do a few faith healings which are easy when confronted with those who want to be convinced and he will be preaching to overflow congregations.

I have mentioned a devout relative here a few times. My daughter has just visited and said she met the woman. Early in the chat the DR said, “I expect that you are a regular church attender. That is so good as you will know Jesus.”

My daughter said, “I never go to Church. I’m an atheist.”

DR says, “You only think that. Your dad has got at you. You must come and stay with me and meet the most wonderful vicar. He is a quite a young man and you will like him and he will show you the way.”

Bloody hell. I was dumbfounded at the woman’s interference. Someone who believes in nonsense insists not only that she knows best but tries to force others into her beliefs. I suppose for the devout the feel they must do this.

My daughter was greatly amused (unlike me) at the woman’s behaviour.

4. Toto says:

This cannot be true….people cannot be as stupid as this.

5. Barry Duke says:

It seems so easy to be regarded as a genuine mystic with miraculous powers.

Easier than you can possibly imagine, Broga. When I was in my mid teens I had a very brief flirtation with spiritualism. Curiosity drew me to a local spiritualist church where the head “psychic” immediately identified me as a young man with “immense healing powers”. Apparently me aura was more spectacular than the aurora borealis and, what’s more, I had a gen-you-wine Indian chief as a spirit guide who stood at my right shoulder.

Mr Quinn, the “psychic” from Texas, asked if there was anyone in the congregation who had any maladies. About a dozen hands shot into the air. One fella, who complained of chronic earache, was selected as my first (and, as it turned out, my only) patient. Winging it, I grasped the man’s head firmly between my hands, applied pressure to both his ears and mumbled an incantation in what everyone thought was Navajo but in reality was gibberish. When I withdrew my hands, to my horror yellow pus leaked from the affected ear, and the patient proclaimed himself free of pain and able to hear once more. At that point I legged it.

A day later I related the experience to my family GP. He chuckled, and said that what I had probably inadvertently done was to create pressure that had burst a cyst. The same week Quinn called at my home, told my mum of my amazing gift, and said that he had around a dozen people who would need treatment “from your ginger youngster” for conditions ranging from arthritic knees to ingrown toenails and haemorrhoids, and would she allow me to heal them, and the hundreds who were bound to follow.

She told him to bugger off, and I was forbidden to go anywhere near the church. Thus she cut short what could have been a very lucrative career as a fraudster.

@Barry Duke: Loved your story about mystic powers. You could have been in the money there, Barry. Own aircraft, staff, big house – the lot.

7. Matt Westwood says:

… and the average intelligence of the human race rises fractionally.

8. Matt Westwood says:

It’s easy to do, by the way, Barry. I did it myself for a while. Got known on the local scene as a sort of new-wave Goth guru: I did horoscopes and tarot readings and stuff, and did a sort of hands-on healing ritual bit. It worked. But I got bored and a bit irritated with the airheads on the scene at the time.

9. tonye says:

I think we have an early contender for this years Darwin award.

10. Adam Tjaavk says:

“This cannot be true….people
    cannot be as stupid as this.”

We realise the locals’ stupidity – but,
    undoubtedly, at least one psychotic.

_____

11. Jeffrey Jones says:

I don’t mind Muslims killing each other, but I am really pissed off that the guy kills dogs and birds for their blood.

12. Jeffrey Jones says:

In the meantime, here in South Africa the radio talk shows are full of nuts debating the healing powers of T.B. Joshua and whether he caused his church to collapse and kill a pike of South Africans because he was possessed by demons, or perhaps it was Boko Haram that caused it to implode.
    South Africans flock to Nigeria to be “healed” by this fraudster. Even some South African international rugby players have gone there. Strangely, the only one who was “cured” was a guy with dodgy knees. The “Holy Water”didn’t work on the two cancer sufferers, and they “passed on to the other side”, leaving a little less money in their deceased estates than they had before their Nigerian sojourn.

13. Robster says:

Surely the business community of Bahawalnagar would have recognised a potential business opportunity with this blood fetish the local population seem to have. Why not, in the interests of maintaining peace and a population of breathing people, perhaps they could get the local catholic priestly personage to pop down to perform a big transubstantiation (or whatever they call it) to turn a big vat of merlo into a big vat of the blood they all crave? That way, no need to kill other people or innocent animals, but they could spread the blood of goodness all over that paradise known as Bahawalnagar. They might need to set up a vacuum sealing packaging plant to distribute the stuff hygienically, but that would provide jobs and that can’t be bad,

14. Vanity Unfair says:

Notice to self:
    The next time you volunteer to be a stooge for a “psychic” in order to find out the tricks involved, get a full description of the performance beforehand.