Row erupts over ‘Muslim-free zone’

Row erupts over ‘Muslim-free zone’

Jan Morgan, above, owner of the Gun Cave Indoor Shooting Range in Hot Springs, Arkansas, has infuriated an Islamic civil rights group by declaring her business a ‘Muslim-free zone’.

Morgan is quoted here as saying:

This is not a coffee and donut shop. This is a live fire indoor shooting range … Why would I want to rent or sell a gun and hand ammunition to someone who aligns himself with a religion that commands him to kill me?

Morgan, who says she has “read and studied” the Koran thoroughly:

Found 109 verses commanding hate, murder and terror against all human beings who refuse to submit or convert to Islam.

She added:

People who shoot at my range come from all religious backgrounds. I do not care about their religious beliefs until or unless those beliefs command them to commit violent crimes against innocent people and I witness those crimes increasing, as we all have lately.

I understand that not all Muslims are terrorists. I also believe there are as many Muslims who do not know what is in their Koran as there are Christians who do not know what is in their Bible. Since I have no way of discerning which Muslims will or will not kill in the name of their religion and the commands in their Koran, I choose to err on the side of caution for the safety of my patrons.

In a letter to US Attorney General Eric Holder, Jenifer Wicks, a lawyer for the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), writes that the ban is:

A violation of federal laws prohibiting racial and religious discrimination [and] will inevitably result in a hostile environment for ordinary Muslims in Arkansas.

Wicks added that Morgan:

Appears to be misinterpreting the advice given to her and refusing service to all Muslims, which cannot be a correct interpretation of compliance with federal gun laws and the US Constitution.

Morgan — who says she has received death threats from Muslims in the past — used the September 11, 2001, terror attacks, the Boston Marathon bombing, the Fort Hood massacre, and a recent beheading at an Oklahoma food distribution center to justify her ban.

This is more than enough loss of life on my home soil at the hands of Muslims to substantiate my position that Muslims can and may follow the directives in their Koran and kill here at home.

CAIR sent copies of its letter to, among others, the Governor of Arkansas, and US Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division.

Morgan responded on her Facebook page:

It’s easy for CAIR to bully and threaten average American citizens like me who have a business to lose and a life to destroy. It’s what they do. We are the easy targets. I’ve been a target of Islamist threats for five years … fully expecting at any time one of them to follow through with the threat. I may go down for speaking the truth about Islam … I may lose everything I have, (which isn’t much) but they can’t take my integrity … This is a mountain I’m willing to die on.

Last year it was reported here that, in an effort to protect followers of Islam in the US the Department of Justice (DOJ) warned against using social media to spread information considered inflammatory against Muslims, threatening that it could constitute a violation of civil rights.

The move came a few years after the administration became the first in history to dispatch a US Attorney General to personally reassure Muslims that the DOJ was dedicated to protecting them. Attorney General Eric Holder assured a San Francisco-based organisation –  – Muslim Advocates that the “us versus them” environment created by the US Government, law enforcement agents and fellow citizens was unacceptable and inconsistent with what America is all about.

Holder said:

Muslims and Arab Americans have helped build and strengthen our nation.

He added that he was  “grateful” to have Muslims as a partner in promoting tolerance, ensuring public safety and protecting civil rights. He also vowed to strengthen “crucial dialogue” between Muslim and Arab-American communities and law enforcement.

Hat tip: M A Chohan.

32 responses to “Row erupts over ‘Muslim-free zone’”

1. Jeff Bulmer says:

I think that if Ms Morgan studied her Old Testament she’d find plenty of similar stuff there, but she lets Christians into her establishment……

2. Edwin J Peeters says:

Yes Jeff your are correct. However we do not see Christians almost daily in the news or media professing that they will follow through on the (violent) writings in the bible.

Ignorant bigot. Can’t improve on Jeff Bulmer’s observation.

Did you see this?

4. Newspaniard says:

Jan Morgan is now my official “Hero of the Week”. CAIR is a terrorist organization (un-indited). Why should ANY peoples’ representative have any truck with any of them. Imagine giving a gun and ammunition to a person (male or female) wearing a bin bag. Anyone who has the slightest knowledge of the hate book (koran) knows that it is the duty of all islamists to kill or enslave all non-believers although, while, they are in the minority, they must fool the infidels into believing that they are “friends”. How many, currently fighting for IS, were happy, clappy neighbours a year ago with a “Hail, fellow, well met” greeting on the street where you live ? All muslims are not terrorsts, but, currently all terrorists, or terrorists in waiting, are muslims

All muslims are not terrorsts, but, currently all terrorists, or terrorists in waiting, are muslims.

Really?

6. Luke m says:

It’s a shame this woman will be branded a racist
    Red neck because she seems quite well educated.
    The kuran and the bible are both chock full of mountains
    Of life destroying garbage. The Old Testament is no doubt
    the more barbaric of the two. But the kuran definitely
    outstretches the bible in one area… It’s prescriptions
    for murdering non Muslims. It is spelled out in black
    and white, page after page after page. And there is a
    phenomenon that so few people are willing to
    honestly discuss… The connection between belief and behaviour.
    82 percent of British Muslims believe the Danish cartoonists
    should have been prosecuted. 48 percent believe that
    the punishment for apostasy should be death. These are
    the results or gallop poles taken not in Iraq or Syria, but
    in western countries. Islam is still in its homicidal
    phase, just as Christianity was in the dark ages. It’s
    simply an observable fact. Yes there are millions of
    good, peaceful Muslims, but if you want to know the
    true spirit of any religion, go directly to its holy
    book. And in the case of the kuran, it’s a blood bath
    of intolerance.

7. Matt Westwood says:

I think we should just wipe out the entire race of people who call themselves Newspaniard, and then the world would be infinitely better.

8. Paul Cook says:

I think this lady is going to get into serious legal trouble. I am not entirely clear this lady has got the right position on this issue. She is correct in the fact the koran is full of hate, but ALL these religions are full of hate. They hate every other religion, tribe, people, world that isn’t theirs, because their own religion is the ONE true religion. Until we truly educate everyone about the dangers of believing in mythical, incomprehensible rubbish, written in the stone age, that should be left in the stone age, we are truly headed for a clash that we may not recover.

She is correct on the Koran:
    Sam Harris in the End of Faith argues against faith being so involved in our lives, with faith in islam as being particularly invidious and dangerous. In a chapter he lists all the places in the koran where it demands death for anyone who does not convert or believe in islam. It was five or six pages long: I could not read the list, being so depressing as it was unbelievable. It read to me as though the entire koran is a rant for adherents to kill anyone and everyone else until (1) islam dominates the world, or (2) everyone else is dead, or (3) the world is in ashes. But doesn’t christianity and judiam state the same?

The main problem of islam is the central tenet- as with all the other death cult abrah-maniac religions- of this life being worthless and there IS a better life after this one. This clash of stone age concepts will have us freethinkers collateral damage or worse.

All these religions are at odds not just with each other, but with our lives of today. There is no evidence whatsoever of a better life after death: this life is it. This is all we have. The faith that there is a better life at death is literally going to kill us all.

The true position must be education of what these stone age myths bring : nothing at all, but hate hate hate hate. Written by idiots, the highest intellectuals who KNEW the world was flat, where a wheelbarrow would have been the most sophisticated thing they’d ever see. And it has to stop for all our sakes. There is no moderation in religion, there cannot be tolerance of other religions. She shows as much intolerance as do the very people she wants to stop coming to her range. But I am not sure I know the answer to her predicament. It is the very moderates that allow the fundamentalists of all religions to smother everything they touch, by violence, intolerance and hatred.

9. Newspaniard says:

@Matt Westwood. Your reaction suggest that you are just afraid of the truth.

@ barriejohn. Why do you islamist excusers always feel you have to point away from the subject in hand? Is it because you don’t want the truth to be realized?

I know, “Don’t feed the trolls” but I couldn’t resist standing up to these left wing apologists.

10. Trevor Blake says:

In the United States a private, membership-based organization may include or exclude anyone it sees fit. There have been exceptions but this is the case most of the time.

Trevor Blake: That may well be the case, but she’s still an ignorant bigot.

Newspaniard: I’m beginning to think that you are mentally deranged!

Has Morgan done this for free publicity because I expect loads of christian rednecks will now be flocking to her shooting range.

She could have said “No one of any religion” but that would exclude 99% of her customer base.

13. Newspaniard says:

@barriejohn. You mean “Mentally Deranged” as in “He doesn’t fit the accepted view and therefore should be sent to a Gulag for re-education” your that wonderful, warm, caring, Stalin and his cronies used to say a only few years ago and is now going on in Sweden. Well, I’m packed. When can I expect the Stasi?

14. Matt Westwood says:

Any man who uses the term “left wing apologists” as an insult is an utter piece of fucking shit in my book. I’m proud to be unfashionably of left wing tendency when the entire world is moving ever more uncomfortably and dangerously to the right — so far, in fact, that people are *proud* to admit to being so right wing as to make Mussolini look like a pinko.

Newspaniard clearly needs euthanasia. I would even suggest cacothanasia.

15. Newspaniard says:

HaHaHaHa! I can’t stop laughing at how seriously you are taking yourselves.

16. Jeffrey Jones says:

Newspaniard, I agree with you 100%. “Radical Muslims want to behead you, and moderate Muslims want a radical Muslim to behead you.” That’s the only difference between them. When Muslims are in the minority they’re all for human rights, but when they’re in the majority you can kiss human rights goodbye.
    I don’t think that Jane Morgan is a bigot, she shows sound reasoning. The Old Testament may be full of violence, but Christianity does appear to have moved beyond justifying killing people in God’s name. It’s still one of the basic tenets of Muslim theology.
    As for Matt Westwood, he’s full of left-wing love for his fellow man, which basically results in him spewing bile on all those who disagree with him.

17. Matt Westwood says:

@Jeffery Jones: I spew my bile on those who themselves spew disgusting and vile views.

Love for one’s fellow man is now considered to be the prerogative of the left wing now, is it? Backs up my views that the right wing are violent subhumans who need to be removed from the universe.

18. Paul Cook says:

I would suspect if bird shit and hutton visit here they’d both laugh and smile at how some are arguing amongst each other using personal comments as the basis of argument. Something they often quote the freethinkers do to them. They are a much easier target I admit, believing in fairy stories and stupidity, but they are the targets none the less. We should not be targets for each other.

But is not the point to argue freely with each other without personalising comments? It is hard for sure, as sometimes we don’t like what others write, and a quip would be oh! so easy, I read comments I don’t ‘like’, but isn’t that what makes us free?

Paul Cook: How right you are. I apologize profusely to Newpaniard and others, as I didn’t realize that they had never heard of the IRA!

20. Newspaniard says:

The IRA, today are nothing more than a bunch of drug dealing gangsters who use violence to further their “cause”. Their “Cause” being making a fat profit from selling drugs to children and trying to hide it under an Irish persecution blanket. They do not wish to take over the world with their horrid religion. They do not wish to convert everyone to their dreadful death cult by force. They did not dance on the streets on 11 Sept 2001 at the carnage they caused.

To use the IRA to deflect attention from the true terrorists, who are a world cancer whose influence MUST be destroyed, is infantile and totally beside the point.

21. Great Satan says:

Well done that lady for standing up to a religion that most Americans (and Europeans & British for that matter) never wanted in their democratic societies to begin with !

The IRA was always full of “gangsters”, as are organizations like ISIL. Splinter groups still continue “The Struggle”, as they see it, being totally opposed to the current political agreement. It is the statement that “all terrorists are Muslims” that is truly infantile and which does our cause no good whatsoever.

Well said Paul Cook. Ad Hominem attacks mean the debate or argument is lost. The only thing most of us have in common on this blog, is our opposition to, exposure of and ridicule of religion; we can’t possibly all agree everything.

24. Matt Westwood says:

I’d still like it explained to me why “left wing” is an insult.

25. Philip Smeeton says:

Muslims are, followers of Mohammed, part of Islam. Islam is a miltant terrorist organisation that discriminates against and incites to violence against non-Muslims. Muslims support discrimination and murder. All you have to do is stop supporting Islam by ceasing to be a Muslim. Come and join Humanity.
    Muslims have established Muslim-only areas in many European cities.

26. Philip Smeeton says:

Left-wing is an insult because the Left have betrayed the liberal principles of Liberty and Equality. By turning them into; open borders and freedom for everyone except the far-right patriots who care about kin and country, and all religions and systems of belief are equal, except right-wing. Islam considers no religion or system of belief its equal, they are just things to be destroyed until everything is Muslim. Far-left is a dirty word because they have betrayed everything that those that love their nation hold dear. The far-left will be devoured along with the rest of us.

What on earth is that supposed to mean? I’m beginning to despair at some of the comments on this site nowadays!

28. Matt Westwood says:

National identity, let’s face it, is nothing more than a mediaeval anachronism kept alive for the sole purpose of excusing the arms industry. Until the human race wises up and abolishes the concept of national boundaries, the world will stay shit.

29. Paul Cook says:

Barriejohn
    I didn’t understand that either.

But I do have hope – no despair- after all it was only hope that was left when Pandora opened the vase. (Greeks didn’t have boxes on those days – only vases).

30. Bruce Long says:

She has bigger problems. This from a parable about Christ in which the speaker represents God and therefore Christ in analogy:

26“He replied, ‘I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but as for the one who has nothing, even what they have will be taken away. 27But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.’?”