Zealot: ‘Keep Apple chief out of Russia’

Zealot: ‘Keep Apple chief out of Russia’

Vitaly Milonov, a St Petersburg city council member and fanatical follower of the Russian Orthodox Church, wants gay Apple CEO Tim Cook kept out of Russia.

Milonov asked:

What could he bring us? The Ebola virus, AIDS, gonorrhea?  … Ban him for life.

Milonov is known internationally as the author of a citywide ban on public images and demonstrations that call attention to LGBT issues, which was later expanded by President Vladimir Putin into a countrywide “gay propaganda” law.

In the past, he has expressed his beliefs that Russians are the victims of hate crimes committed by gays, that gay people rape children, and that actor Stephen Fry is a “bringer of evil” for opposing Russia’s anti-gay laws.

A while back, the posturing twit, who has a portrait of Orthodox Church leader Patriarch Kirill hanging in his office, said:

The church is the most important government institution, one that shapes the state. The church must not be in opposition to the state. It must nourish the authorities with its wisdom.

As a person who dares to call himself a Christian politician, I cannot be a hypocrite. I cannot be Christian at church, without being one at work, as well.

His “work” apparently includes breaking up gatherings he disapproves of. This time last year, he materialised at a Halloween celebration in St Petersburg to denounce the “Satanic” get-together which attracted ab estimated 1,000 people  as a slap in the face of the Russian people.

He railed on Twitter:

Satanist freaks have organized a witches’ sabbath near an Orthodox cross and a monument to fallen soldiers.

tim-cook-apple-ceo

According to this New York Times report, Tim Cook’s declaration on Thursday that “I’m proud to be gay” made him the first publicly gay chief executive of a Fortune 500 company.

But Mr Cook isn’t just any Chief Executive. And Apple isn’t any company. It’s one of the most profitable companies in the Fortune 500 and ranks No. 1 on the magazine’s annual ranking of the most admired companies.

Apple had been attempting to broaden its sales in Russia, where its products, including the popular smartphone iPhone, are too expensive for the vast majority of the population, reports Bloomberg. The company currently holds eight percent of the country’s smartphone market, and the economic consequences of Cook’s revelation remain to be seen.

Cook wrote in a Bloomberg Businessweek op-ed:

While I have never denied my sexuality, I haven’t publicly acknowledged it either, until now. So let me be clear: I’m proud to be gay, and I consider being gay among the greatest gifts God has given me.

22 responses to “Zealot: ‘Keep Apple chief out of Russia’”

Is it just me, or does Milonov have one of those faces you’d never get tired of bitch (or Hitch) slapping? And what’s that startled, skinny, red-eyed alien thing standing in front of him? Revolting little gobshite. (Milonov that is, not the skinny gold alien.)

2. Barry Duke says:

“What’s that startled, skinny, red-eyed alien thing standing in front of him?”

I think it’s a religious interpretation on this fella AC:

I thought it was more along these lines, Barry:

Otherwise, why would Bob ‘apologist for crimes against humanity’ Donohue be denying it?

5. Brogue Heely says:

Religion poisons everything…….and here are two extremes ..the apple boss who says being gay is a great gift of God…and a hateful constipated russian gobshite shit for brains fundamentalist troublemaking christian extremist. Christians are wonderful people. What a load of shit religion really is.

‘What a load of shit religion really is.’
    Nail hit squarely on head, Brogue.

7. Stephen Mynett says:

I am a Linux user but this Russian creep could almost persuade me to give an Apple a go.

” does Milonov have one of those faces you’d never get tired of bitch (or Hitch) slapping? ”

He has that look of the aggrieved certainty of the hopelessly deluded. In his delusion he is immune to all ideas, thoughts and facts which run counter to the narrow trail of his delusions. The spiteful look is because he is furious that any opinions could exist which are contrary to his own. The anger is fuelled by his emotional repressions and he is unemployable in anything other than a religious context.

He is of a type which is often seen amongst religious fundamentalists in the USA. There, the bizarre certainly of these deluded men convinces the weak minded that they must be right. This is attractive as it enables the weak minded to avoid the hard work of thinking for themselves.

He protests too much. A guy wearing a gold baroque dress complaining about a normal gay guy.

10. Barry Duke says:

L. Long, I think you’re wrong to suggest that this creep may be a closet queen. No gay man would make the faux pas of teaming up a ginger goatee with a yellow frock.

11. Barry Duke says:

Oh yes, AC, much closer to the mark.

12. Trevor Blake says:

The invisible monster that lives in the sky is powerful! But not so powerful that Mr. Milonov believes it could influence human affairs. No matter how many magic spells he casts, only the state could ban a visiting billionaire. God can do nothing. Sad, really.

13. Paul Cook says:

Shock Horror!
    Were there three people in the garden of eden?
    And did the second male, the gay chap, ‘contaminate’ the apple?
    Did adam eat the apple not eve?

How true, unquestionable love frightens some people. How the religious love is based on terror – love ‘me’ or get tortured for ever.

14. Brogue Heely says:

Evolution does throw up some unfortunate results from time to time. I mean, look at this unfortunate idiot. Not exactly a handsome example of manhood …..appearance… distinctly beady eyed….shifty….a mouth that looks like a razor slash on a pigs arse…..personality absent…….sex appeal zero. No queue of women lining up for his attentions. Let’s hope his unfortunate genetic makeup is not passed on. Maybe why that’s why the guy is such a shit. Women turn away in neauseated repulsion trying not to throw up their last meal.Ad hominem I know but it had to be said. He is ugly on the inside too. I hope that the creep gets outed watching inappropriate stuff on his iPhone.

@Brogue Heeley: My guess is that Milonov thinks he is his God’s gift to women. The paraphernalia around him suggest narcissism.

Vitaly has actually met God:

As far as I know, Out There is available on YouTube.

(I love the photo on his wall!)

Some in Russia are (rather bravely) ridiculing the toerag:

I am working actively in Russia to promote this at opposition party meetings and such. Although I can’t promote gay rights in St. Petersburg currently, nothing says I can’t accuse Milonov of being a little sperm.

And just look at this one!

(Infamous Russian politician Vitaly Milonov has this week spoken out against neighbouring Finland’s pro-gay postal stamps, demanding that Russian ban the use of them under the current anti-gay ‘propaganda’ laws.)

I stand corrected Barry as all the gay men I know would have a much better fashion sense. Now my 3 year old would like the combo, maybe that indicates something?

20. Newspaniard says:

Both this guy and Putin repressed gays… who’d a thunk it?

When I read “…has a portrait of Orthodox Church leader Patriarch Kirill hanging in his office…” I thought, “That’s a bit unlikely but interesting”. Then I re-read it, Ho Hum.

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry at this news:

A Russian company that put up a giant iPhone statue in memory of Steve Jobs has taken it down again, after the new head of Apple came out as gay, according to local media.

22. […] Another example of homophobic lunacy comes from St Petersburg in Russia where a giant interactive iPhone memorial that commemorated the death of Apple founder Steve Jobs was torn down after the company’s current CEO, Tim Cook, came out as gay. […]