Happy birthday, Stephen Hawking

Happy birthday, Stephen Hawking

To mark the birthday today of astrophysicist and atheist Stephen Hawking, born in 1942, Shell Fisher today said ‘happy birthday’ to the renowned astrophysicist using his inimitable style and wit.

hawking

In a video made by the Spanish newspaper, El Mundo, according to the Christian Post, Hawking said:

Before we understood science, it was natural to believe that God created the universe, but now science offers a more convincing explanation. What I meant by ‘we would know the mind of God’ is we would know everything that God would know if there was a God, but there isn’t. I’m an atheist.

There is a soon-to-be released movie about Hawking’s early life, The Theory of Everything, which stars Eddie Redmayne, below as the famous scientist.

eddie

6 responses to “Happy birthday, Stephen Hawking”

Stephen Hawking is an amazing man and not just for his intellect and his discoveries. I doubt whether anyone, without his condition, can appreciate the extreme difficulties which he has overcome. The rest of us can only stand in awe of what he has achieved in these circumstances.

Congratulations Professor Hawking. You are the kind of example the world needs.

2. Rob Andrews says:

I love your common sense books. Science made easy to understand.

Happy birthday from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. : – )

Prof. Hawking has secured his rightful place in history by sheer hard work and a brilliant analytical mind. His books are a good read and explore and explain some very difficult to understand concepts, the antithesis of religion.

My Birthday wishes to him.

4. Darren Denton says:

The most prolific mind of the modern age! Happy birthday Dr Hawking!

Sorry, just to return to the Charlie Hebdo story (would be great if we still had the old ‘recent posts’ feature on here), I commented on the ‘Religion deserves fearless disrespect’ thread that I thought right now the voices of ordinary, moderate muslims need to be heard loud and clear. The following BBC article does little to fill me with hope or put my mind at ease.

6. dennis says:

Mr Hawking “Live long and prosper” sorry late with birthday salute!