Boy injured in ‘Jesus’s pain’ school lesson

Boy injured in ‘Jesus’s pain’ school lesson

A sadistic Slovakian nun, Sister Ludovita, above, has reportedly been removed from a school in the town of Kysucke Nove Mesto after she stabbed a boy with a needle.

During a pre-Easter regious education class she told pupil Adam Celko, 7, to come to the front of the class. She then took a needle out of her handbag and rammed it into the boy’s hand in front of the horrified class, telling him that this was how Jesus suffered – and he would too if he behaved badly.

The boy’s outraged mum Helena, 30, said:

When Adam got home he had a wound on the back of his hand and when I asked him what had happened he told me the nun had done it. I was completely shocked. I mean, what on earth was she thinking?

And with Easter coming I began to worry about what she would do next – crucify one of the students or hammer a nail into their hands?

A spokesman for the school said:

We strongly disapprove of this sort of teaching method. When I contacted the Sister she told me that the class had been learning about Jesus Christ and personal sin.

She added that the children had been invited to voluntarily experience mild pain so they could empathise with the theme.

She said she had invited the pupils to prick themselves if they wanted to but were not forced to. She denies stabbing the boy and says he did it himself.

Either way, this is inappropriate behaviour and will not be tolerated in this school.

Local priest Peter Holbicka said:

The Sister in question has been removed from the school and I shall be taking the matter up with her personally.

27 responses to “Boy injured in ‘Jesus’s pain’ school lesson”

1. TrickyDicky says:

“Sadistic Nun” isn’t that tautology?

2. Atabale says:

jebus,she can rejoice in the fact, that it was not my son. Remember nun, jebus was an adult when he was pinned down for his delusional behavior.

This silly, sadistic woman seems to think that Jesus existed. These religious nutters are dangerous to the health of children. And yet Cameron and co are keen to support faith schools which encourage delusional behaviour.

Assault and grievous bodily harm, lock up the mad cow and ban her from being anywhere near children.

A few years back we used to get Nuns calling at my business asking for “money for the poor children” they quickly left when told we are not funding peodopihle Priests perverted habits. We don’t see them any more, could it be these Nuns get abuse following the daily exposure of those working for the Catholic church?

5. Marky Mark says:

(A few years back we used to get Nuns calling at my business asking for “money for the poor children” they quickly left when told we are not funding peodopihle Priests perverted habits.)

… That’s throwing their rubbish and greed back into their faces.

6. Vanity Unfair says:

I don’t think we have the full story.
    If the nun suggested that children prick themselves with a needle to experience pain then that, of itself, is reason for censure and retraining in the limits of practical theology. (There is such a subject. It surprised me.)
    There is a photograph on the Mirror website with insufficient detail to see any wound. However, it does seem to suggest that any wound would be on the back of the hand.
    The report has been copied on http://nation.com.pk/international/06-Apr-2015/student-stabbed-by-nun-to-show-how-jesus-suffered and that is illustrated with a photograph of a bandaged hand that suggests the wound is on the thenar eminence or mount of Venus (not that one) to palmists.
    The Mirror’s photograph shows what look like tattoos on the child’s forearm. I hope that they are transfers but the picture is blurred.
    Is it just possible that a seven-year-old child might tell a lie to get a disliked teacher into trouble?
    Apart from the obvious, why do so many people jump to the conclusion that all nuns are sadists? “The plural of anecdote is not data.” Who do you believe, and why?

Nuns have form regarding sadism. The Irish laundry brutality being an infamous example. And as well as that we know they have been so indoctrinated that they accept celibacy, with all its repressions, to follow their fictional biblical God.

These are not likely to be balanced emotionally mature people. Their history operates against that.

8. Lonbo says:

Christianity, like its sisters Judaism and Islam, is a moral abomination. We have no reason to expect better from the world’s major monotheistic death cults.

Mother Teresa would have been proud of her. Those children were able to “share the sufferings of Christ” (something which the Catholic Church has been enabling people to do for centuries).

I think that she might have told her pupils to prick themselves, as it’s the sort of thing that a naive but well-meaning idiot might think to be a good way of teaching about the events mentioned in the Bible, but in my opinion encouraging children to self-harm is not “inappropriate” but downright bloody dangerous!

10. Stephen Mynett says:

“Nuns have form regarding sadism.”

Well said Broga, I would add the story of the many bodies found dumped in a septic tank is an example of how “good” nuns can be: http://www.smh.com.au/world/bodies-of-800-children-longdead-found-in-septic-tank-at-former-irish-home-for-unwed-mothers-20140603-zrwtz.html

While they will not be all disgusting individuals the majority are loyal to their church before anything else, despite the suffering their church may and has caused.

I have just re-read The Missionary Position and that provides more examples of how deluded and disgusting these people can be, denying decent pain control to the terminally ill, despite having the resources to pay for it, would get most doctors/nurses struck off but the response of the catholic church to the major purveyor of this torture is to make her a saint.

I must have been an atheist at 6yrs old!! When a nun falsely accused me of bad behavior I told her here is a good reason to accuse me, and kicked her in the leg. Yes I was punished but I never again looked at them as though they were the power, I glared and dared them to try stuff, and they left me alone.
    It did not help when my dad said that when you accuse the wrong person you can expect repercussions, & next time bring the bully up to task.

12. Cali Ron says:

@Vanity Unfair
    “Apart from the obvious, why do so many people jump to the conclusion that all nuns are sadists?” All the catholics I know who went to catholic school all say nuns are sadistic. I don’t think it’s an unfair coincidence. Like Broga said, “Nuns have form regarding sadism.” These are sad, socially unadapted women (if not, why become a nun), who have no joy, no sex, no fun and are kept under the thumb of religious authority. Misery loves company. They are unhappy and acting out, and what better way than on captive children.

@Cali Ron, I agree with your comment regarding “sad, socially unadapted women” the same could be said of Catholic Priests and Monks: no sex [with women] and spending a good deal of their lives cloistered in a male only club. I’ve also noticed that the fundie christians too, are social misfits, one Bob Hutton being one of many weeds upon the compost heap that is Christianity.

I wonder whether this nun was qualified to teach, as many of them aren’t. Call me “politically correct”, or pedantic, but from my experience in teaching and as a Christian “children’s worker” I don’t think that unqualified people should be given responsibility for children’s education, and that includes home schooling. Of course, you can always find an example of a teacher who doesn’t come up to standard, but children’s education is so important, and so much can go wrong, that professional standards need to be maintained; and we now have a government which is all in favour of unqualified people teaching in our schools!

15. Lucy1 says:

It is, of course, impossible to know what really happened. We were not there. But she has been suspended, so there must be some evidence? There were witnesses.

What stuck me was the cult of pain, and the glorification of suffering that imbues catholicism. Even if she ‘only’ asked volunteers to hurt themselves….sick and weird.

@barriejohn: Home schooling is a puzzle to me. How can a parent possibly cover the different subjects? That is apart from the structure and discipline that a school provides. Do the parents need to have qualifications or can any parent choose to home school?

What do parents know about the skills of teaching? The home schooled child also misses the social contact and experience, including sports, of school. My wife and I are both graduates but we would never fool ourselves that we would have been competent to teach our children.

I know of at least one parent who home schooled because she was unhappy with the religious teaching and the kind of opinions her children would hear from other children. I wonder how much home schooling is motivated by this kind of thinking.

Broga: They can always use ACE – and a lot of them do!

Nuns and priests live such bizarre,unnatural lives (as Cali Ron said, no joy, no sex, no fun), it should perhaps come as no surprise that they are unable to abide by the same societal conventions and protocols as everyone else. If all you ever think about is sin, suffering and damnation (not to mention a genocidal god and his deceased son rising from the dead), then you simply aren’t going to be right in the head. In fact, you’re almost certain to be a nutjob and should never be allowed anywhere near a classroom full of children.

19. Trevor Blake says:

Did you read about the atheist group that demands celibacy, chanting of magic words and the occasional public torture of children? No? No, I didn’t either. There isn’t an atheist group that does that. That’s what religion does. We atheists, we write and publish. Wicked, wicked atheists.

20. Brian Jordan says:

I’m surprised there’s no mention of those slightly less mythical creatures, the Safety Elves. Needlestick injuries, even in a non-medical situation, are a serious hazard. Especially if, as it sounds may be the case, one needle was passed around the class.

21. Cali Ron says:

@AgentCormac:
    Home schooling is popular in Cali these days with the hard core born agains. Seems there’s not enough religion in schools and they don’t teach “creationism” or the 6,000 year old earth theory. Sadly, I personally know 2 families were the mother was home schooling and they were definitely unqualified to be teaching children. Neither one had more than a high school education. Unfortunately, it seems they are not educated enough to realize that they are not educated enough to teach children (catch 22?).

My wife and I have had to home school are son multiple times while he was in a spica cast recovering from surgery. We had a special teacher who provided the curriculum, and source material and worked with him once a week. I can tell you from that experience that in spite of a college education and a teacher’s assistance I know I’m not qualified to provide a thorough and complete education. Some day those home schooled children will grow up to he heavily indoctrinated god bots with too much religious ed and not near enough of science and the kinds of skills needed in today’s world. This children are being cheated because of religious delusion and the circle of ignorance continues.

Sorry for the diatribe, but this brings up a lot of emotion for me.

Cali Ron: Jonny Scaramanga gets very worked up about it for much the same reasons (see link above).

We’re getting more and more of it in Great Britain now, aided and abetted by compliant politicians. From my experience, these ill-educated, narrow-minded, ignorant fundamentalists will find employment with others who think just like them, and, as you say, the circle will continue.

23. Cali Ron says:

barriejohn:
    Checked out the link and it’s very disturbing to think these are just a few cases of what are undoubtedly hundreds of stories. It seems we are in a constant struggle for mankind to advance as religion is constantly trying to pull him back into the dark ages. Fortunately for me I went to a public school and was only “taught” by the church on Sundays, Wednesdays, summer camps, Vacation Bible School (how’s that for a misnomer-how can any school be a vacation)….

When I write it out like that I realize I had a lot more indoctrination to overcome than I really want to admit to myself.
    We need to create some bumper stickers or T shirts that say “I survived Chrisianity” for those of us who escaped.

Cali Ron: Our experiences are almost identical. I love Jonny Scaramanga’s site – yes, we survived!

(The sort of thing that you had in mind.)

Here’s another T-shirt that I’ve not come across before:

Very appropriate for this thread!

26. Cali Ron says:

barriejohn: Very appropriate indeed. Just need to find a “protestant” version or “evangelical” or “born again”. I have a T shirt now that says “Orthodox Druid” which is meant as a joke, but I’ve had a few amusing negative reactions from some christians. A “survived christianity” or something similar would surely raise some blood pressures.

I just added a link for Scaramanga’s site to my browser. Good stuff!

27. Robster says:

Apart from the damaged kid, all the others in the class probably watched what was going on and thought, as kids do, “this is embarrassing crap” and then decide that a life devoted to imaginary things and equally unpleasant rituals and worship is not the right choice. I’d hope…