Cleric: women in jeans should be shot

Cleric: women in jeans should be shot

Yesterday, in an examination of religious beliefs as to why earthquakes happen, BBC Radio 4’s ‘Beyond Belief’ programme featured the views of a bunch of faith-heads of various hues.

It included a Hindu who explained, in all seriousness, that they were caused by the occasional movements of the cosmic tortoise which holds up the Earth.

It’s a shame, though, that Pakistani cleric Fazlur Rehman, above, was absent from the discussion, because he would have elevated it to even greater heights of idiocy.

Rehman has his own theory about what causes ‘quakes: women in jeans!

According to this report, the Islamic imbecile called upon the army to launch a military strike against denim-clad females.

Speaking during a press conference in an Islamabad hotel – not a mental home, which would have been more appropriate – Fazlur Rehman blamed what he called the “immodesty” of women for earthquakes. Oh, and also for inflation, lack of energy supplies and the current security situation in Pakistan.

He equated women wearing denim jeans to a “mobile weapon of mass destruction”, adding that if women were covered as a “sack of flour” these disasters would be averted.

When divine wrath ceases the Pakistani economy will automatically resuscitate, he opined.

He also said the Taliban would not be staging attacks if women were restricted to their homes and if Sharia (Islamic) law was applied.

Separately, Rehman condemned the military operations against the Taliban, adding that the militant group were not Pakistan’s enemy before preaching that the armed forces should target the “real enemies” of Pakistan.

20 responses to “Cleric: women in jeans should be shot”

In the UK I hope he would be sectioned under the Mental Health Act. However, I could not rule out Dave, Pickles and co wanting to give him tax funds to start a faith school.

2. dennis says:

I believe its the bath towel head attire, myself that has caused the earthquake in Nepal now what about that Fazlur Rehman and his country men have the bomb. Oh we have the bomb also and we have evangelist running for President1 when will the insanity end.

So, what caused earthquakes, inflation and the rest of it before there was such a thing as jeans? As for the cosmic tortoise, quite frankly it’s no less preposterous than any of the other irrational concepts which religious delusionals of all godly brands feel compelled to espouse.

4. Trevor Blake says:

“The world moves on a woman’s hips.” – Talking Heads. Just fine for a song lyric but sad for a religious leader. Religious leaders of all brands make it clear their superstitions are obsolete. The problem endures because of the faithful millions. Thus I criticise religion as a whole, including all those nice moderates. They are the ones who keep fools and tyrants in power.

Christian women shouldn’t wear jeans, either, as I heard over and over again, and, yes, such behaviour WAS the cause of God’s righteous judgment upon nations that turned their backs upon him:

YAHOO! question (links don’t work): “Can a Christian woman wear jeans?”

Best answer:

I am a very spiritual person, and I have run across the same problem. I used to think it was ok for my wife to walk around in apple bottom jeans and thong bikinis, but I have recently learned that it isn’t. My wife was recently taken from me, and I learned that God did not take kindly to her promiscuity. Just last week I realized she was haunting my pantry because she couldn’t get into heaven. She needs to earn at least 500 heaven points other wise she goes to hell. Long story short, play it safe. The muslims have it right. Cover up.

Some of the serious replies are enough to blow your mind!

6. TrickyDicky says:

@dennis says:
    Tue 2 Jun at 1:15 pm
    “I believe its the bath towel head attire”

He only wears it so you can’t see his tinfoil hat.

The imam sounds stupidly crazy but the xtians are just as stupid as I have heard the same BS when I was very much younger, which was log ago and far away. but just look at the amish to see this silliness.
    Tight jeans, tiny halter top, nice butt wiggle!! Sure makes my day better. Looking at black tents moving around does nothing for me.

8. Cali Ron says:

@barriejohn
    “Heaven points” is a new one to me. When they sin do they get “Hell points” and how does that jive with the whole “I’m forgiven” thing. Curious what he meant by “taken from me”. She probably left his deluded ass for someone less crazy.

I remember when as a child the first woman wore jeans to our church, causing quite an uproar. Surely such immodesty would guaranty eternal damnation for tempting the men like that and if she were sexually attacked it would be her own fault. Our god was quite the prude. Personally I’m with L.Long, I love the tight jeans, temptation and all.

Cali Ron: I am assuming that that answer was posted with tongue firmly in cheek!

Here’s someone who claims to be an expert on the subject (from a Christian point of view). He’s actually “written papers about if women should wear pants or not”!

11. Cali Ron says:

Barriejohn: Firmly! At the time I was, but a young lad and I really didn’t understand what the big deal was. Now, as an adult I still don’t understand what the big deal is. It’s really quite comical that this is even an issue. All that repressed sexual energy seems to get focused on some really strange obsessions. Of course, according to the bible it started with Adam and Eve and those fig leaves. My stepfather has a fig orchard and I can tell you that they must of had some very itchy genitals and for your genitals sake don’t get any sap from the green part of the raw figs on you because it burns.

Cali Ron: I was referring to the comment regarding “heaven points”, etc. I’m sure that he realized just how stupid all that was!

13. Brummie says:

Men with silly towels on there heads should be sho…
    Not really, but you get the idea.

14. Alan says:

Another tiresome buffoon spouting his idiotic views. He clearly does not check his own ridiculous attire before opening his mouth.

15. Brian Jordan says:

Each cleric has but half of the truth. What happened is that the randy turtle saw a woman in jeans and tried to get out of his shell, so causing the quake.

16. Ex Patriot says:

My girl friend who is 5xx wears tight jeans and looks better than some half her age, and if any one told her she couldn’t wear them she would put her boot so far up that it might come out the mouth and she could, and so would I as her in jeans is one the pleasures in my life

17. RussellW says:

That barking mad looney has obviously never seen a young woman wearing leggings, they appear to have been painted on.

18. Cali Ron says:

@barriejohn: “Heaven points”-Are you sure? I have my doubts, he seemed to be very deluded, but it’s hard to tell when your dealing with religious zealots and their “steep-sided unreality”. OK, I’ll give him the benefit of a doubt.

As for the crazy cleric the sack of flour attire he suggests would actually be an improvement over the usual black tent they expect women to wear. “He equated women wearing denim jeans to a “mobile weapon of mass destruction”-apparently we have been going about fighting radical islam all wrong. We just need to send women in jeans over there as our “mobile weapons of mass destruction” to destroy their religion. All those clearly defined, tight asses would surely cause their heads to explode.

19. […] Promiscuous Women Cause Earthquakes, The Huffington Post, 06/19/2010 5:12 am EDT [7] Barry Duke, Cleric: women in jeans should be shot, Free Thinker, Tue 2 Jun 2015 [8] John Hall, A Pakistani Muslim cleric has become an online laughing […]