Police in Missouri are doing God’s work

Police in Missouri are doing God’s work

Hop over to the website of the Stone County Sheriff’s Department in Missouri and you’ll find an interesting rewrite of Romans 13:3-4:

For the ‘policeman’ does not frighten people who are doing right; but those who doing evil will always fear him. So if you do not want to be afraid, keep the laws and you will get along well. The ‘policeman’ is sent by God to help you. But if you are doing something wrong, of course, you should be afraid, for he will have you punished. He is sent by God for that very purpose.

In the original, of course, the word is “rulers”, not “policemen”, but who’s to argue with burly, gun-toting sheriffs, particularly those who are now whizzing around in police vehicles bearing the slogan “In God We Trust”.

According to this report, Stone County Sheriff Doug Rader ignited a heated debate over the “In God We Trust” decal he’s placed on the back of every patrol vehicle in his county.

In a Facebook post, Rader declared:

I am proud to announce that all of the Stone County Sheriff’s Office Patrol vehicles now have ‘In God we trust’ on the back. This became our National Motto in 1956 and is on all of our currency. There has been no better time than now to proudly display our National Motto!

Atheist activists have expressed their disgust on the Friendly Atheist blog where Hemant Mehta blasted the law enforcement agency by insisting that it is:

More committed to following the Bible or the Constitution.

Things really heated up when Terresa Monroe-Hamilton, of Right Wing News, wrote:

Let the Christian revolution begin! I can feel the meltdown coming full speed from the Left. Good times. This is a Christian constitutionalist with a spine of steel and rock-solid faith. I love this sheriff and he has my vote – twice.

The atheists started screaming right on cue over this. This sheriff just put “In God We Trust” stickers on the back of all his patrol cars, in big letters no less. This is one officer that does not hide his faith in God or shrink from proudly stating his beliefs for all to hear and see, regardless of the consequences.

The Friendly Atheist predictably started whining over a lack of legal recourse and how discriminatory it all is. But ‘In God We Trust’ has been the motto of this nation since 1956 and since the country was founded on Christian principles, I think it is highly appropriate. Now is the time for all Christians to stand and proclaim their faith.

Enter anti-Muslim Kentucky State Police officer, Scott Steward, who shared Monroe-Hamilton’s post on Facebook, saying:

Just let me tell you… the “friendly” atheist group is a ruse. They are not atheists but far left wing liberal progressive radicals who will stand up to defend the religion of Islam. The reason I know this??? An anonymous friendly atheist member/follower filed a formal complaint on me at my new job for a post I put up about Islam.

It was actually a joke but the crap they put me through made me wish I had posted my true feelings about the religion of “peace”. I found it very odd that a group that claims to believe in NO God would defend ANY religion. Maybe they just hate police. All I know is the friendly atheist can kiss my entire white, Christian, heterosexual, police ass.

The 'joke' picture Scott Steward put on Facebook

The ‘joke’ picture Scott Steward put on Facebook

9 responses to “Police in Missouri are doing God’s work”

Well what that tells me is that they trust gawd but not anyone else so be on guard, you may be screwed if they don’t like you!

2. dennis says:

in god we trust, Really. which god and why not them all. so this allows them to do what ever they feel is right and they get to go home safe, then use gods get out of jail card (sorry) absolution to cleans their souls for heaven. what a job! look out young black and brown and white trash men and women! just another reason to use my debt card instead of cash.

3. Laura Roberts says:

Just an aside: when you say the name of the state, Missouri, remember that the emphasis should be placed on the first syllable.

Once again, a religiot cannot see the difference between defending the ludicrous claims of religion and defending a person’s right (including his own, ironically) to believe whatever lunacy he or she wishes. However, where does Islam actually come into it? Is it because of Hemant’s “muzzie-sounding” name? Or is it, again, because these cretins always think that anyone opposing them MUST be promoting other faiths? As Dennis says, they always assume that “God” means THEIR god, but why should it? He is just spouting nonsense.

5. asquith says:

Don’t these bellends also think Obama is a Muslim Kenyan and not the rightful president?

So the minute they get ordered to do something they don’t like, they’ll be saying what Pete said to the Sanhedrin, we ought to obey God rather than men. Almost as if they were inconsistent or something.

I feel sorry for people like the author and that man on the left. Unable to be openly gay, they inflict the misery they themselves suffer from on others, and it goes on forever.

Incidentally, aren’t Christians explicitly forbidden to pray alongside non-Christians in the bible? Surely, given that not everyone in Missouri is a Christian, they’ll be in big trouble 🙂

Asquith: Of course he is. His surname is almost Osama and his middle name is Hussein. What more proof do you need?

7. Cali Ron says:

“It was actually a joke but the crap they put me through made me wish I had posted my true feelings about the religion of “peace”. He implies that his real feelings towards Muslims is to do worse than burning down their house. That kind of hypocrisy from a christian is expected, but not a state police officer. Oh wait, it’s a “Missouri” state police officer. It is expected. One of the poorest and least educated of our 50 states, Missouri know how to lower the bar.

8. Peterat says:

And on his “calling card”/post the good Deputy Steward has posted a link to a site that is actively searching for sex offenders. Wonder how far afield they have to go to find one and continue to do more of god’s work?