Indonesian boobies thought that a sex doll was an angel

Indonesian boobies thought that a sex doll was an angel

Indonesians living in the remote village of Kalupapi believed that an inflatable doll was an angel which fell from heaven, but later discovered it was a sex toy.

The Asian Correspondent reports that one of the villagers by the name of Pardin had discovered the doll while fishing and brought it back to his village where it was revered for its supposed divinity.

After rumours and reports about the ‘angel’ spread rapidly, police arrived to investigate. Local police chief Heru Pramukarno said:

When our officers arrived they saw that the ‘fallen angel’ was just a doll, it was a sex toy.

Police said Pardin, the villager who found the doll, happened upon it while fishing off Banggai islands off Sulawesi in central Indonesia last month. As the discovery took place around the time of a solar eclipse in the region, villagers came to believe that the two events were related, and elevated the doll to supernatural status.

Villagers revered the doll to an extraordinary degree. The mother of the man who found the doll gave it a fresh change of clothes and headscarf every day. It would be propped up in a chair, and even taken on boat trips by locals.

angel2

Said Pramukarno:

We were hearing many stories, such as that the ‘fallen angel’ was crying when she was discovered.

He seemed to imply that the villagers’ “faith”was due to the remoteness of Kalupapi, pointing out that inhabitants did not have access to the Internet and have no knowledge of sex toys. The doll was taken into police custody to halt the spread of the false rumours.

A while back we reported on an inflatable sex doll that British Muslims regarded as anything but divine: Mustafa Shag.

Meanwhile, a report from India says that the superstitious are flocking to a farm in India after after a cow gave birth to a two-headed calf that many believe is a “miracle”.

It was born last week in Pannuganj village, in Uttar Pradesh, northern India.

Hat tip: Robert Stovold and AgentCormac (angel report)

19 responses to “Indonesian boobies thought that a sex doll was an angel”

1. Lucy1 says:

Well I think that is just rather charming. Ignorance plus religiosity means a jolly dolly.

I followed the link. Whatever happened to ‘Mustafa Shag’ doll, I wonder.

The villagers are not up to speed on angels. I have seen lots of angels in paintings and wings are a necessary accessory. That is how they flit about in heaven.

Lack of good education, and we get…….!
    I can understand not knowing what it was for about 3min of examination. But it speaks volumes when they have no idea what the pocket between the legs was for!?!?!!!!

4. Bosty says:

Yeah right!!! Sorry officer we thought it was an angel.

A rather dubious excuse for possession of such a thing. I bet the sexually repressed men in the village acquired it … shagged it relentlessly … until found out and then claimed they revered it as an angel. Yeah right!!!

Wonder what the police are doing with it?

It should be DNA tested for evidence of interference.

This is the only occassion when I believe in fucking angels.

5. Marcus says:

As I live and breathe! It’s the Fallen Madonna With the Big Boobies!

Hang on a minute – I think they’re right:

At least this throws light upon those mysterious happenings at Sodom!

Bosty: But would anyone fancy the angel? More likely to quell passion than arouse it.

Marcus: Christians and especially RCs are not going to be happy bunnies when the Fallen Madonna is exhibited. Wait for the howls of outrage. The very thought that the Madonna has tits is unacceptable.

barriejohn; there were many pictures of angels with wings in the room used for my Sunday School. And I can confidently say that these little stubby wings won’t get the angel airborne. Do they have air in heaven?

Broga: Do they have toilets in heaven? We have it on good authority (the Bible) that angels don’t procreate (“For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven”), but resurrected bodies will still have a digestive system, so will presumably eat and excrete waste material, because it was all “designed” for that purpose. Who is going to get the job of cleaning up that lot? Will there be a roster, or will it go to those who had a cushy time of it down here? I wonder whetherMr Welby has the answer to these important questions!

@barriejohn: I would like to see some debates on TV between a Christian and an atheist – both eminent in their field. They could debate: what form does the resurrected body take; what age is it – young and healthy or decrepit; what about the state on someone who dies confused by dementia; bible contradictions; is the inerrant truth of the bible written in KJ English because that is what God speaks; how can an omnipotent God be all loving; the literal truth of the bible. I could go on for pages.

My point is that if Welby, Frankie and co are so sure of their beliefs why do they insist on pronouncing them without challenge? We know they answer. They are scared to expose themselves to a debate about the incredible nature of what they unload on the gullible.

10. Trevor Blake says:

And what might the explanation be for belief in miracles among those with decades of education and access to the world’s knowledge?

My theory: man is a rationalizing, not a rational, animal.

Broga: I was in the doctor’s surgery this morning, and once again there were copies of the Parish Magazine (“Living the Mission of Jesus”) to hand (a snip at £6 a year). Revd Salisbury says that we know that God exists, and we know that Jesus was a real person, so I assume that he has proof. You can contact him here:

He’ll answer all your questions.

12. Barry Duke says:

@ Broga: ” And I can confidently say that these little stubby wings won’t get the angel airborne.”
    Works for bumblebees though.

@barriejohn: In Peter you seem to have a real live wire on the Christian ball vicar. I particularly liked this one for emergencies:

“•Parish prayer chain – the chain can be contacted via the office for emergency confidential prayer support. ”

I’ve never heard of this before – emergency prayers. What happens if the emergency prayers don’t get a result. Does any doubt or blame fall on God. I suppose if there were a result God would get the credit.

Peter does seem a bundle of volcanic Christian energy. You and he could make an entertaining double act.

@Barry: “August Magnan even noted that the insect’s flight is actually impossible -” The explanation rather takes the fun out of it – like when a magic trick is explained.

But yep, fair enough, these little angel wings could do the trick. The fundamentalist Christians will be ecstatic with this one. All we need now is to get some atmosphere into heaven.

This research into the truth of Christian belief by atheists is a credit to our open mindedness.

If these people are pious shouldn’t they know that according to their bible, angels all have masculine names and are described using male pronouns. Maybe the angels of mythology are gender-fluid or bi-sexual.

16. robert dalgleish says:

The muslim sex dolls blow themselves up.

The fallen angel, the solar eclipse, the two-headed calf, the mustafa shag 7 inch prick, the mother teresa face-bun and the stain on the toilet wall in Nigeria – come on guys – they ARE all related. They are all related to the gullibility of humans. So, excuse me guys, I would write some more, but I’ve just bought this new po-go stick which says it can bounce me to the Moon. However, it’ll only work, so the instructions inform me, if I first climb the nearest tree and deposit a turd in the branches. See you soon…

I must say that looking at that pic again I said to myself: “What a pair of tits!”.

19. Great Satan says:

Aha ! – a use for all those blow up dolls has been found after all – they can be filled with helium and floated over Mecca during the Haj pilgrimage !