Tyson Fury: ‘It’s hard to follow religion in today’s world’

Tyson Fury: ‘It’s hard to follow religion in today’s world’

When asked in a newly-released video why he has never been backed by 75 percent of the British public, world heavyweight boxing champ Tyson Fury said:

I just think it’s because I’m a believer in the Lord.

According to this Mirror report, Fury went on to say:

It’s hard to follow religion in today’s world because you’re a freak of nature if you follow religion. People hate that so … they all come together and talk bullshit. It doesn’t matter … because those that stand fast shall be rewarded.

The video also contains a rant against Jews ,saying that people are being brainwashed by:

Zionist, Jewish people who own all the banks, all the papers, all the TV stations.

The Campaign Against Anti-semitism (CAA) is now calling for Fury to be barred from the sport. Spokesman Jonathan Sacerdoti said:

There should be no place for anti-Semitism in sport. He should be barred from boxing and referred to the British Boxing Board of Control. This is not his first offence, he specialises in outrageous offensive and racist slurs. Anti-Semitic slurs are centuries old, and his use of them today in 2016 shows ignorance and malice.

A spokesman for Fury angrily declined to comment to the Mirror on the contents of the video, which also contained foul-mouthed sexist, homophobic and transphobic remarks.

He said:

Why do you want stir it up for? You are a journalist who seeks stories to have your ego endowed.

He said other papers had already been banned from the Tyson Fury camp and added:

It you want to be on that list, you go ahead and print what you want to print. I’ve no time for this. Thank you very much, bye bye.

24 responses to “Tyson Fury: ‘It’s hard to follow religion in today’s world’”

1. He’s quite an attractive looking Fokker, isn’t he? I wouldn’t mind doing a few rounds with him.

He’s typical religion…a raving hate filled bigot! Boy am I surprised!!! being a believer in the lord and all.

There is the strange idea that a sportsman at the top of his sport is worth listening to or has something interesting to say. I suppose Tyson Fury is interesting as an example some of the most extreme and bizarre views ever expressed and given such wide circulation in public.

No point in debating his opinions with him as they are based on his religious beliefs and therefore any contrary opinion must be wrong. I didn’t know people marrying their pets was on the way.

I expect 75% of the public don’t back Mr Fury because he is a hate filled, misogynistic, homophobic, racist moron, incapable of rational thought and unable to debate – all the hallmarks of the religious.

I read this the other day. It’s typical; they make anti-Semitic remarks, are criticized, and then blame the “Jewish-controlled press” for the furore! Doh!

6. Stephen Mynett says:

Fury is a nasty piece of work, a violent man with extreme and disgusting views but as much as I detest what he says, I think it ridiculous to try to have him banned from sport.

A boxer where the rational fragment in his brain has been pulverised by repeated blows to the head. And then on top of this he swallows religion wholesale – along with all the narrow-minded prejudices typical of a bigot. Best ignored.

8. Cali Ron says:

Apparently he hasn’t been hit in the head enough times yet to knock any sense into or religion out of him.

Broga: Indeed. Why does anybody care what athletes have to say. We know them because of their athletics, not their intellect. I’ve never understood why people think athletes are role models.

9. Trevor Blake says:

“Anti-Semitic slurs are centuries old, and his use of them today in 2016 shows ignorance and malice.”

Centuries old, you say? Let’s see…

[Jesus said:] But the children of the kingdom [the Jews] shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. – Matthew 8:12

[Jesus said: ]Ye [the Jews] are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. – John 8:44

Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. – John 20:19

… yes indeed! Centuries old! But while religious groups are always eager to have people thrown out of secular activities like sports, religious groups always go silent when it comes to criticism from another religious group. They know if they ask for another religious group to be banned, they and their own bigoted religion will be banned as well. So they go after schools, sports, movies, anything except each other.

Well, except Islam, which goes after itself and everything under the sun.

Point being, religion is the fountain of ignorance and malice. Abandon religion and see what happens.

10. Kinder says:

It will be a good day when some other brute beats Fury into a bloody career ending pulp so that I no longer have to be subjected to the crap that comes out his mouth and his media circus.

11. Kinder says:

I just cannot stand the trash that is uttered by sports people. We all groan at the cliche string match ‘analyses” of footballers and team managers. And Andy Murray’s monotonic unpunctuated dronings are intolerably painful. Fury though goes way beyond the accepted norm of blathering about his latest thuggish encounter and launches into boorish and deliberately inflammatory bigotry for the purchase of media exposure.He has nothing sensible or sincere or insightful or interesting to say. I am not sure why people pay any attention to the ramblings of sports people anyway. Nothing much of gravity has ever been said by any of them as far as I can see.The only one I can respect is the F1 driver Kimi Raikkonen who has to be dragged to the microphone by the scruff and then delivers a few grudging syllables before shuuting up. I think he has got the balance right.

Kinder et al:

I have a collection of the books, and they’re just the thing for cheering you up when you’re feeling a bit down, as I often do nowadays. My father used to nearly wet himself laughing at them. Old issues (like Giles) available in many charity shops, and worth every penny!

“That was only a yard away from being an inch-perfect pass.”

13. Borderline says:

I have a whole shelf of those … Worth every penny even when bought new.

Borderline: I subscribe to Private Eye, and always used to buy them, but they seem to have discontinued their publication. I have no idea why they changed the title of the column to Spectatorballs either, as it just doesn’t have the same ring to it.

“If that had gone in, it would have been a goal.”

@Kinder: Andy Murray’s dry monotone is like the lettuces in Peter Rabbit: soporific. To describe Murray we need a word that takes us beyond dreary. Another irritation of mine is the hysteria of sports’ commentators and their ravings. The Leicester thing is bonkers. It is only a bloody game.

As for Fury! The man is pathetic. He suffers from the incurable condition of being so ignorant and stupid he does not realise how ignorant and stupid he is. He reminds me of some French aristocrats (centuries ago) comment, “The more I see of men, the better I like dogs.”

16. Kinder says:

The best interview reply by a sports person was by Kimi Raikkonen at an F1 pre race ambush by Martin Burndle. I cannot remember the question, something to do with Pele the footer player, but the reply was brilliant, base and broadcast to the BBC audience live and uncensored. Raikkonen …”I was having a shit”

17. Kinder says:

And if you want to view the interview here it is…

As a monolingual brit I am always impressed by the linguistic skills of many europeans. Mr Raikkonen exhibits a frighteningly casual fluency.

@Kinder: The Brits don’t need a second language. They just shout louder at the foreigners. My two young grand children are bi-lingual in English and Russian. Their mother is Russian. I’m green with envy when I listen to them switch so easily between languages.

19. CoastalMaineBird says:

Stephen Mynett: I think it ridiculous to try to have him banned from sport.

I agree. It seems part of the “special” protections that religions get.

The best thing is to ignore him.

20. Maggie says:

I had never heard of this person until this article. Now I’m sorry I have.

21. Stonyground says:

“As for Fury! The man is pathetic. He suffers from the incurable condition of being so ignorant and stupid he does not realise how ignorant and stupid he is.”

There is a name for that:

I heard this sort of twaddle all the time from the Brethren. It was “hard” being a Christian in the “modern world”. Why? What actual persecution or restrictions did they ever meet up with in a Christian country like ours? Hearing the odd profanity, or seeing people on the way to Tesco’s when they were going to church on a Sunday morning? How did that make it “hard” for them? Nonsense – what they meant was that they were really pissed off because they couldn’t force everyone else to abide by THEIR rules.