Ramadan attack: ‘dirty whore’ assaulted for serving alcohol

Ramadan attack: ‘dirty whore’ assaulted for serving alcohol

Police in the famous French resort of Nice are reportedly investigating an attack on a waitress who had the audacity to serve booze on the first day of the ‘holy’ month of Ramadan.

According to the Telegraph, the waitress, a French 30-year-old of Tunisian origin, said she was serving drinks at Monday lunch on the terrace of the Vitis Café on Nice’s rue Lamartine, near the rue d’Anglais, when two men began insulting her.

The unnamed woman said:

I was all alone in the bar when two passers-by suddenly appeared. They pointed to the bottles of alcohol behind the bar, then one of them told me in Arabic: ‘You should be ashamed of yourself serving alcohol in the Ramadan period.’

Ramadan traditionally begins the morning after the sighting of the crescent moon.  Marking the “divine revelation received by Prophet Mohammed”, the month sees Muslim faithful abstain from eating, drinking, smoking and having sex from dawn to dusk.

The waitress said one of the two men then shouted:

If I was God, I would have hung you.

Unfazed by his threatening behaviour, the waitress shot back:

You’re not God to judge me.

She added:

I didn’t think that in France, country of liberty, I would have been assaulted like that.

The men launched into a tirade, calling her a “dirty whore” and left the cafe in a hurry. A few seconds later, however, the venue’s CCTV footage reportedly shows the two men turn round abruptly and one of them rush towards her and violently slap the waitress in the face, knocking her to the floor.

In shock, the waitress didn’t phone the police straight away and instead contacted the owner.

Said the bar’s owner, Nacim:

The whole scene was recorded by the security cameras that I transferred to the police.

He persuaded her to file a legal complaint for “voluntary violence”. The two men have reportedly been identified. One of them is known to be an illegal migrant who is a notoriously threatening figure in the district, but both are currently at large.

The waitress, herself a Muslim who observes Ramadan,  said:

I”m so scared. I find it hard to understand. Why did they insult me? Why this slap? I feel debased, humiliated, sullied. I don’t want other women to have be victims of such an attack … I’m a waitress. In Tunisia, I did the same job and never had the slightest problem.

She said it was not the first time she had received threats and insults from the men, who had shouted at her three days previously.

A Member of Parlliament, Eric Ciotti, said:

Each attack like this strikes a severe blow against the values of the French Republic. This attack should be placed in a national context that has seen a constant rise in religious fundamentalism and ghettoised communities.

Philippe Vardon, regional councillor with the far-Right Front National, said:

This situation comes from the weakness of our political leaders.

He accused Christian Estrosi, Mayor of Nice normally known for his tough law-and-order stance, of “becoming embroiled in unacceptable and dangerous compromises”, without elaborating further.

This is this is not the first time the district has seen such “religious” threats. In October 2014, three men, including the owner of a Halal store – since closed by police – threatened a baker who sold ham sandwiches, saying he wasn’t a “good Muslim”.

They were handed six months suspended sentences last year.

Note: The picture used to to illustrate this report appears on the Vitis Facebook page. I do not know whether the woman in the photo is the one who was assaulted.

15 responses to “Ramadan attack: ‘dirty whore’ assaulted for serving alcohol”

As said…NEVER trust a religious person in a group greater then 1!!!! And isLame-ophobia does not exist when they demo that they are evil!!! And YES I blame all muslins so long as their book o’BS and customs says that this behavior is OK!!!! I don’t care what individual muslin says!! Only what they preach!!!

2. John says:

Why don’t the French deport these idiots back to Tunisia?

3. CoastalMaineBird says:

abstain from eating, drinking, smoking and having sex from dawn to dusk.

I’ve been abstaining from all-day sex for some years now…

4. Lurker111 says:

The thing that gets me: Many of these people are immigrants, in France, because their own country’s system failed. Why would you want to bring along elements of that failure with you, to your new home? Why doesn’t anyone point this out to them?

This is another example of just how intolerant the religious are to individual freedom. Conform to the bits of our religion that we say or we’ll beat you up or kill you.

6. H3r3tic says:

Another example highlighting the fallacy behind the “intolerant atheists” argument. Most of the atheists I know are quite happy to let others believe whatever childish bullshit brings them comfort. The thing that causes atheists to kick off is when believers expect everyone else to adhere to the restrictions they impose on themselves.

7. Raul Miller says:

I’ll defend the values of “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness” over their intolerant, dehumanizing and nonsensical bullshit values any day. Maybe they should too, because if we all followed their values the whole world would become a filthy, depressing, backwater shithole like the one they came from. Then where would they go to find work?

8. Badger says:

If you live in a shitty islamic country then leave it and go to a civilised secular free speech democratic inclusive country and tgurn it into a shitty country just like then one you left.

I hate islam with passion. I distrust and revile muslims.

9. Smokey says:

Do the Muslims want another round of Crusades?

Because that’s how they get another round of Crusades.

10. Trevor Blake says:

What’s it called when large numbers of young men, in a coordinated effort, enter a country illegally with the stated goal of subjugating the people and taking their possessions? I’m sure I have heard a word for that at some point. Three letters, started with “w,” ended with “r” and had an “a” in the middle.

Well, whatever that word was, I know the words for people who facilitate the subjugation of their fellow citizens. Traitor. Quizling. Judas. Appeaser. Neville Chamberlain. Benedict Arnold. Turncoat. Liar. Betrayer. Deceiver. Sell-out.

Goodbye, France. Goodbye, England. Goodbye, Europe. You gave it all away. Your grandchildren will spit on your graves. You thought if you volunteered to put your neck on the ground that Islam would refrain from stepping on it. Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye.

11. Club Secretary says:

Trevor

I think a more appropriate word would be “Invasion”.

Otherwise I totally agree.

Can you hear that noise? It’s Churchill turning over in his grave.

If one of these hate-filled morons is already known to be not only an illegal migrant but also a notoriously threatening figure in the district, why haven’t they already picked him up and given him a one-way ticket back to wherever he came from? Hopefully this act of violent intimidation will now ensure he isn’t walking the streets of Nice for much longer.

13. John the Drunkard says:

The use of Public Piety Displays to enforce Ramadan, even on those who are ‘officially’ exempt, is costing lives in hot climates. Last years Ramadan caused many of the nearly 2,000 deaths associated with a heat wave.

And the bastards aren’t even pretending to care about the piety of their victim. She’s guilty of failing to enforce their madness on NON MUSLIMS.

Islam is inherently imperialist and oppressive.

14. […] we can see the effects of this in Europe. In France, a Muslim female bartender was beaten up for serving alcohol during Ramadan. She […]

15. I hate you all says:

Judging by the comments, I think there’s too much “free” and not enough “thinker” going on.