Imam banished to India by mosque after raping a boy

Imam banished to India by mosque after raping a boy

When elders at a mosque in Rugby learned that imam Noor Walile, above, had raped a boy, they banished him to India to avoid prosecution.

But Walile, 38, who claimed that “the devil made him do it”, later returned to the UK and  he was arrested at a house in Leicester, according to this report.

He has now been jailed for six years after he pleaded guilty at Warwick Crown Court.

Judge Stephen Eyre QC told him:

The members of your community entrusted their young children to you for guidance and education. You were in a position of responsibility and leadership at the mosque. You abused that position and that trust, and defiled the faith you were paid to uphold.

He was a young boy entrusted to your care for guidance, and you raped him. It is hard to think of any greater abuse of the trust that had been placed in you.

If you had not pleaded guilty, the sentence would have been one of nine years.

The judge branded Wallie “an offender of particular concern” who would not be released before serving the whole of the six years if the Parole Board considers it safe to do so and will then be on licence for an additional 12 months.

The judge added that in addition to a sexual harm prevention order restricting Walile’s contact with any child under 16, he will be barred from working with children and placed on the sex offender’s register for life.

Walile was working in the mosque in 2010 when he raped the boy in some toilets while he was supposed to be teaching children.

His parents contacted an elder who advised them to save the clothes the boy had been wearing and not to wash them. The mosque elder and the parents then confronted Walile.

Prosecutor Jane Sarginson said:

Initially Walile denied the allegations, but then said he had done something ‘very bad’ but he could not remember what happened only that the devil had come over him.

He was told he would have to go back to India and never return, or the matter would be reported to the police.

Officers then traced Walile who initially denied raping the boy or confessing it to the mosque elder.

But once he was told the family had kept the clothing, he confessed:

I have told lies during this interview. I am sorry, I did a bad thing. The devil came over me, and I did this bad act.

Anthony Bell, defending, said:

When the incident happened he took the advice to leave the country and go to India; but he returned to this country to be with his family and his wife, who is a British citizen.

Hat tip: BarrieJohn

13 responses to “Imam banished to India by mosque after raping a boy”

1. CoastalMaineBird says:

Learning from the Catholics, I see.

2. Lucy says:

Yeah, but he came back,…Catholics don’t do that

3. CoastalMaineBird says:

I meant the imam was learning – “send him off to Timbuktu where they won’t catch him”.
    Yeah, he wasn’t supposed to come back.

THAT certainly isn’t the Catholic way…

Isn’t the punishment for a homosexual act supposed to be death by stoning?

It’s almost like they don’t believe their own preaching any more than christians believe theirs.

4. John says:

Why is he not being deported at the end of his jail time?
    Why are the elders not being prosecuted for perverting the course of justice?
    I don’t think they should go to jail but their sentencing should act as a warning to others in their community to obey the laws of the UK.

@John
    Totally agree – those who advised him to flee should also face prosecution. At the very least you’d hope that members of their church would kick them out for their role in helping Walile avoid justice.

They doubtless had entirely legitimate concerns that “anti-Muslim bias” might affect any trial that he faced!

7. Tarvin says:

“The members of your community entrusted their young children to you for guidance and education”.
    In which case the parents are irresponsible fools.

“You abused that position and that trust, and defiled the faith you were paid to uphold.”
    I don’t see how this case defiles islam more than it already is except that the elders did not turn him over to the law.

These people are just the same as catholic priests – sexually repressed, dangerously indoctrinated lying child raping predators.

8. Alan says:

They still trot out the old ‘devil made me do it’ chestnut as though this excuses everything.

9. Rob Andrews says:

@John:

Right! In the US that is being an ‘accessory before the fact’. It’s the same thing as giving a murderer shelter. Even if at the time he hadn’t been charged, yet.

The “devil made me do it”, is a good way to excuse anything. Oh..but there is the matter of free will. Hmmm

10. Daz says:

John

“Why is he not being deported at the end of his jail time?”

I can’t find any indication that he isn’t native British.

I agree with the rest of your comment completely.

11. John says:

Daz – see above statements: ‘He was told he would have to go back to India and never return.’ and ‘…his wife, who is a British citizen.’
    These suggest to me that he is an Indian national but that his wife is a UK national. I daresay he would be allowed to remain here on the grounds of family links, though why his wife would want to remain married to a child rapist and why his children would want anything more to do with him is completely beyond me. If they have good feelings for him they must be as mentally sick as him.

12. John the Drunkard says:

‘I didn’t do it.’
    ‘The devil made me do it.’
    ‘The devil made me lie about doing it.’

Its possible he might be sincere. Hypocrisy is an inadequate term for this kind of moral tailspin, I think we could well revive a Victorianism and call this: Moral Insanity.

13. Daz says:

John

Thanks. I dunno how I missed that.