No true Muslim takes joy in the tragic death of innocent souls

No true Muslim takes joy in the tragic death of innocent souls

This week Hussam Aylous, above, the Los Angeles Director of CAIR, the Council on American–Islamic Relations, outraged many for celebrating on Twitter the Russian aircraft crash that killed 92 people.

He said that he was “sad” over the crash because the plane that plunged into the Black Sea could easily have had many more people on board. He tweeted:

The TU-45 could have carried up to 180 military personnel instead of 92!

He removed the post after learning that the plane was carrying non-combatants.

Writing for The Duran, Adam Garrie, commented:

Only God knows who is a believer and who is not, but I suspect that Ayloush isn’t a Muslim at all, as no Muslim is allowed to take joy in the tragic death of innocent souls.

I suspect instead that Ayloush is a political Islamist who wishes Syria to be ruled by Salifist extremists who kill, torture, rape and enslave those who disagree with their insane interpretation of one of the world’s great religions.
By claiming to speak for all Muslims in America, he is actually slandering them in the worst way possible. He is also distorting the reality that most of the human beings saved through the cooperative efforts of the Russian military and Syrian Arab Army, are indeed Muslims, both by heritage and by practice. They do not want a violent, intolerant, insane version of Islam in Syria, instead they pray for a normal, sound and Godly one where Sunnis, Shias and many denominations of Christians live side by side in prosperity and good health.

This had been the status-quo under President Assad and thanks to the efforts of Syria’s true friends and allies, primarily Russia, this will once again be the reality for ordinary Syrians.

Garrie added:

The problem with Ayloush is partly his and partly a problem to do with the Western mentality towards Islam which contrasts deeply with the Arab and Russian attitude. In the West, those who are critical of Wahhabism and Salifism are called ‘Islamophobic’. Most of the people shouting such sentiments are themselves liberal atheists who blaspheme the great religions of the world on a daily basis due to their rhetoric and life styles.

By contrast in both Russia and the Arab world outside of the backwards Gulf, religion is understood to be a sacred tradition which ought to be respected in its many guises.

In reality, Arab Muslims and Arab Christians are united in their own genuine fear of Wahhabism/Salifism and wish to live in peace and tolerance in modern, healthy pluralistic societies.  The liberal swamp has allowed people like Ayloush to flourish because it so misunderstands all religions. It misunderstands the fact that normal Muslims who are the majority of individuals in Syria do not tolerate or like Salifism any more than Christians throughout the world praise the IRA or the Ukrainian fascists who are waging a sectarian war against Orthodoxy.

The shame in this matter must be equally shared by Ayloush who has revealed himself as a terrorist sympathiser and by Western liberals who in their hatred of their own culture, slander Islam even when trying to feign compassion towards putatively Islamic men and women.

Hat tip: Trevor Blake

26 responses to “No true Muslim takes joy in the tragic death of innocent souls”

Actually, Garrie does make some good points, but what is Salifism? Surely it’s Salafism? Maybe the mistake wasn’t his, but it seems strange.

2. Daz says:

Barriejohn, given it’s a translation from Arabic to Roman script, I suppose it’s more a matter of pronunciation than of spelling.

As to Garrie’s main point, religion and scripture are endlessly re-interpretable. And that’s a feature, not a bug. (It’s a major reason why religions survive for centuries, after all.) Arguing about what the ‘true’ interpretation of any of them is, is a fool’s game.* He is correct in that the extremists in Islam (or any other religion) shouldn’t be treated as if they represent the attitudes of most believers though; especially when the non-extremists are, as in the case of Islam, more often than not the main victims of extremist violence.

*Though, as in a recent conversation regarding Isaiah, some interpretations can be patently, one might say dishonestly, contrary to the obvious intent of the original author.

3. Cali Ron says:

I’d like to see him define what a “true Muslim” is. If you polled a thousand Muslims from around the world I suspect you’d get a lot of different responses. I agree with you Daz, but unfortunately I see far too many comments from those who equate all Muslims with extremism, with comments like “if they don’t stop those violent jihadists Muslims then they are enabling them and extremists themselves”. I fail to see how a peaceful Muslim living in say the US is capable of stopping ISIS.

I don’t give a damn if they take joy out of killing! I would rather they realize their bigoted BS is not worth hurting anyone for!!! That goes for ALL DOGMAS!!!

Since all religions are man-made fictions, cosmological tales that try to explain what the fuck we are doing here floating on a rock in space, these stories can be bent and twisted every which way to suit the beliefs of extremists and moderates alike. It must, by now, be patently clear to any thinking person, that there is no rational, evidence-driven basis for any religion. My reason tells me that to be ‘sad’ because only a few people lost their lives rather than many more, is plain fucking sick – I don’t need another different, esoteric interpretation of a religion to teach me this.

6. Cali Ron says:

L.Long: Ramen to that brother!

7. RussellW says:

Who cares what ‘true Muslims’ believe, there are a thousand different interpretations of the ideology, all of them ‘true’. Some versions are less toxic than others.

‘Slander Islam’, ‘blaspheme’?

8. Any attempt to explain the Cosmos with the specific intention of discovering hidden within it an ultimate meaning is doomed to failure. Religious belief is therefore always to be considered extreme; first and foremost because it claims to have answered the unanswerable and explained the inexplicable by the use of an obviously false methodology which inevitably generates an equally false conclusion as to the ultimate meaning of things; then claiming this conclusion to be true; subsequently threatening all who disbelieve it with eternal torment. This bollocks makes no sense. Is there anything good on the television tonight?

9. RussellW says:

Miss Floribunda,

I read your comment and couldn’t detect any sexual references. Disturbing.

I agree with the comment btw.

10. Daz says:

The ultimate meaning of the cosmos is the same as the sound of one hand clapping.

11. Whilst recently purchasing a crate of pink gin and a packet of kippers in my local Tesco, I suddenly had my hijab and union jack knickers torn from me by a bunch of hate-filled Remoaners. Sprawled in the aisle whilst swigging pink gin, then staggering home in great distress, the trauma I experienced that night will haunt me to the end of my days and has left me quite unable to close my legs for three whole days. These Brexit-inspired Hate-Crimes must cease! Now, where do I pick up my compo?

@Daz: To follow your Buddhist theme, “The time is always now; the place is always here.” Instead we spend so much time regurgitating the past or worrying about the future that we lose the only place we can live: the present.

The meaning of life? There is none. It is only humans that obsess about a meaning as they want to convince themselves that they matter. In the cosmic perspective we don’t.

I like Arthur Balfour’s saying, “Nothing matters very much and few things matter at all.” I have also discovered that those troublesome things I worried about often didn’t happen. And what I never considered a cause for concern did.

13. I was not aware that ‘True Muslims’ consider the ‘souls’ of the infidel to be innocent. In fact, I do not believe that they do. Only true believers can enter Paradise. The rest end up in Hell. As the 10th Century Islamic theologian Al-Khasali ibn Sha’Wadi-Wadi once stated in his treatise on Aristotelianism ‘Kitab Al-Shifa’ (written c.980):”Tahafut al-kalam al-Ghazali sina chokran el ghazal.” No truer words were ever spoken, though later theologians made several attempts to refute them

14. Republican says:

Go read the news and then tell me that islam is not a real problem. Most of the current wars and violence have islam at the core because islam has long since morphed into dangerous religiopolical forms that at once cause extreme hateful divisions and endow adherents with godly permission, actually the godly duty, to summarily and brutally kill those of the wrong beliefs or nationality. As christians nibble on mumbled over crackers for their devotions muslims kill or quietly approve.

15. A frog feels that flies, water, tadpoles and other frogs ‘matter’. A mole feels that worms, other moles, burrowing through tunnels, and occasionally emerging through holes, ‘matters’. How are we to prove to the frog and the mole that nothing matters? We cannot. And how are we to prove to ourselves that nothing matters. We cannot. What criteria are we to use when attempting to prove that something matters, or that everything matters, or that nothing matters? And as for attempting to find the ultimate meaning of life, the universe and everything, for a true Free thinker this is not necessary. There is no such thing as futility, and everything one does should be done for its own sake. There is then no need to search for a deeper meaning. As for attempting to live permanently in the present, this is a state of being not possible for the human psyche to achieve. In fact, if we were able to live permanently in the present moment, with the past and future erased, our lives would become nightmarish, and we would be lost. Better to be a mole than to suffer such a thing.

Miss F.R.: I don’t think you get what I was trying to say. Probably my inadequacy in being able to express myself and I am sure I would bore people by trying to explain. However, my meaning is well covered in the many current books and descriptions of “Mindfulness” and to some extent in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. The latter is also well worth exploring.

I think I am way off topic so I will leave it at that.

17. Colin Davidson says:

Adam Garrie’s incoherent rantings hardly deserve print here unless there was a point to this article?

You might have sourced the reporting about Hussam Ayloush from somewhere more credible than ‘The Duran’ which is a blatantly OTT pro-Russian garbage factory. I could only find Breitbart and a few other wacky sites publishing this story.

18. Paul says:

OT
    And recalling last year’s article on the subject of the real Mary – I saw that the lastest National Geographic front cover and main story is about how religious Faith IS healing people. And has a whimsical dimwited image of the religious looking benignly at something – can’t recall if it was the one true healer Jesus or not – as I had to go buy mangoes.
    It’s Like the BBC and the amazing science and nature departments and then the opposite with the religious propaganda it allows.

19. Stephen Mynett says:

Paul, there has been a lot about National Geographic on Jerry Coyne’s site and how bad it has got. Unfortunately it has been bought by Rupert Murdoch, think that explains why.

20. Paul says:

Stephen
    Yes I was aware of his acquisition. Nevertheless what a shameful way to behave and in 2016-17.

21. Stephen Mynett says:

I agree Paul, although as far as the religious are concerned, we could drop the first two digits and go for the year 16-17, some of them have just about reached that far, although science (natural philosophy as it was known then) was already ahead of many of today’s religionists.

22. Trevor Blake says:

Search “CAIR unindicted co conspirator,” read several viewpoints and make an informed choice. My view: CAIR is not innocent of both funding and supporting murder but they are skilled in public relations so they are largely forgiven. I could be mistaken – for instance, some do not forgive them. I don’t. They are not worthy of support.

23. Cali Ron says:

Shame what they are doing to National Geographic. As Hitch said, “religion poisons everything”.

@Cali Ron : The same thing is happening with “The New Statesman”. They had a long article in the last edition by a vicar with the kind of religious references to God which make no sense except to those who believe without thinking. The previous Archbishop of Canterbury has a regular slot and while he mostly keeps clear of the outright religious references he does tend to meander and they give him acres of space.

I have heard, although I don’t know if it is true, that their new deputy editor was previously with a religious magazine. I won’t be renewing my subscription.

25. The monstrous Mehdi Hasan was senior editor (politics) in the New Statesman about eight years’ ago. See him on You Tube: “Mehdi Hasan on non-Muslims and atheists”. In this video, he castigates atheists and likens them to cattle. He even changes his accent so as to better communicate with his audience of fellow Muslims-“O ye Believers! O ye Muslims!”, that sort of tripe–and wags his finger all over the place like one of those mental Jiddadies giving a final message before blowing himself up. David Starkey (my favourite homosexual) had a go at him about this “atheists are cattle” speech a few years’ ago on Question Time, much to the irritation of David Dimblebody.

26. John the Drunkard says:

Garrie appears to be another Putin cheeleader, and ready practitioner of ‘taqqiya.’ The officially endorsed Islamic practice of using lies to keep one’s future victims quiet.

Surely a substantial portion of muslims are not enthusiastic Wahhabis, or Salafists of any kind. BUT, the Koran, Hadith, and Sunnah actually do contain all the ghastly poison that they really do contain.

No ‘book’ religion can ever really be reformed, unless the reformers actually address the reasons they choose to ignore parts of ‘their’ book. Without serious refutations, the toxic passages are like an arsenal, patiently stored up for any self-appointed leader to invoke them. The ‘good’ Muslim/Christian/Jew etc. has no moral or intellectual defense against the Divine Authority of the Holy Book. So we rewind the clock back to the Bronze Age yet again.