Christian blogger ‘shocked’ by hostile reaction to anti-gay post

Christian blogger ‘shocked’ by hostile reaction to anti-gay post

Last December ‘a small town mama’ who operates This Modest Mom blog, enjoyed a family trip to Disney World in Florida, as the photo above shows.

But because Disney has chosen to feature “an exclusively gay moment” in its new production of Beauty and the Beast, this Jesus lovin’ mama  – her name is Brooke – decided to cancel her second trip to Disney World, and is urging her followers to boycott Disney and sign a petition which says:

Children’s movies are no place for promoting a harmful sexual political agenda, one that offends the deeply held beliefs of countless parents and families.

I pledge to boycott both the Beauty and the Beast movie, and other Disney films and products, until such a time as Disney commits itself to protecting, not harming, the innocence of our children.

The petition has so far garnered more than 113,000 signatures.

Brooke ranted:

Disney isn’t just aiming their efforts towards parent’s of Disney-aged children anymore. They are pointing a desperate finger at the innocence of our youth. Disney is targeting our youth like they’re aiming at big game on a corporate hunting trip. They are banking on corrupting the purity of a child’s mind for the 1%.

They are no longer making watching a choice, but by forcing it to become mainstream, Disney is telling the conservative family, the Christian public, that they’re views hold no worth. In jest, they’re subtly encouraging you to conform your ways.

And she predicted:

If Disney is so boldly including it in their movies and television shows, then soon they’ll have to follow suit and include it in their skits and park rides … Next Disney will be talking about teen sex and abortions in efforts to normalize these issues to children as well.  I guess you can pretty much tell that I’m pro-life and believe that sex isn’t appropriate outside of marriage.

Now Brooke is deeply upset because her stoopid went viral.

I’m completely shocked. With tear filled eyes and a broken heart I read through the nearly 350 Facebook comments, messages, and emails from people who don’t agree with me. They cursed me, called me terrible things, and even said things about my children.

I leaned to my husband tonight and said ‘If I had known that it would be made out to this, I would have never posted. Not that I am ashamed for my beliefs, but more that they’re being construed into something they’re not.’

Two people who disagreed with Brooke’s post wrote the following comments below it:

Lindsay: Disney is not trying to promote a gay agenda. The company is trying to be all inclusive of multiple cultures, beliefs and yes even sexual orientation. They are putting it out there that love is love and that we as a society should be more kind and respectful of all people no mater what. Disney is trying to teach tolerance …

Ursula: You are absolutely entitled to your beliefs but you need to remember: Disney is the most gay-friendly company in America. The president of the Magic Kingdom is gay. Many well-known Imagineers are gay. Many of the everyday cast members you interact with at Disney are gay. You’ll see many same sex couples there all during the year. So if you’re uncomfortable with that, by all means, take your money elsewhere and have a wonderful time. But just know that there’s no way Disney is going to back down on this.

9 responses to “Christian blogger ‘shocked’ by hostile reaction to anti-gay post”

Talk like a bigot, be judged as a bigot! & YES!!! you have every right to your bigotry and you are welcome to keep it! State it out loud and expect to be told you are a xtian bigot!!! And are not very nice!! Accept it and be one with it, or grow up and put it aside!

I think what “Modest Mum” (Yuk!) fails to realise is that many people are gay and many gay people also have relatives and friends. Modest Mum thinks she will get overwhelming support for her bigotry. She wont. I liked Ursula’s comment.

Whenever an organization or institution states that it is accepting of same-sex relationships we hear the same drivel about “promoting the gay agenda”. This says more about the complainants than anyone else, as it shows, as always, the way that their minds work. What it reveals is the fact that THEY think that every company, school, government department, media source, etc, should be actively promoting the CHRISTIAN agenda – and the Christian agenda as THEY see it, at that. This is the reason that Donald Trump was elected, and I bet that though she objects to the “harmful sexual political agenda” of Disney’s “movie”, she wouldn’t object to an overt Christian message in their films (see below):

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2017/03/08/atheist-group-calls-for-the-cancellation-of-a-maryland-public-high-schools-christian-musical/ (Posted yesterday!)

4. T says:

This Modest Mum is such a stupid self contradictory name for a blog that only someone who is pathetically stupid could coin it. Typical of the pious … ostentatious humility. “Look at me, look at me, I am so humble and I am on an errand for God”.

” They are banking on corrupting the purity of a child’s mind for the 1%”. Yes and that is trampling on the rights of the pious to get in there first and fill children’s heads with hateful divisive evil bigoted intolerant dogma.

Obnoxious overblown halfwit bitch. There, she made me say it.

T (are you related to Mr T at all?): Her 1% claim is laughable. According to recent data, the number of people identifying as LGBT amongst Millennials is soaring:

Of course, her explanation for this would be that THEY have been indoctrinated with “gay propaganda”, from which her generation was spared.

“It’s very clear that some of the biggest increases are among women identifying as bisexual,” Gates informed The Daily Beast. “That’s what’s really driving a lot of these findings”.

Watch out, Mrs Modest Mum!

6. Alan says:

Typical of those type of people who like to dish it out and offer their opinions but get upset and can’t take it when people offer theirs.

7. Paul says:

Alan
    Good comment – totally agree.
    If you don’t want a negative reaction, don’t post something negative that will certainly have people rightfully replying to counter!

8. Trevor Blake says:

“They cursed me, called me terrible things, and even said things about my children.”

No acceptable excuse for critics involving her children.

9. Matthew Carr says:

Best to say nothing and let people think you stupid than to speak up and remove all doubt. If this were a commandment then the church, any church, would probably have more adherents than it does now.