‘If my son was killed for being an atheist, I’ll become one too’

‘If my son was killed for being an atheist, I’ll become one too’

Those words were reportedly spoken by R Hameed, the Muslim father of H Farook, 31, above, an atheist who was murdered in India ten days ago, allegedly by members of a Muslim radical group,

Speaking to The Indian Express, 54-year-old Hameed said:

If the police version is true, that he was murdered by a radical Muslim group, then they killed my son using wrong interpretations of the Quran. The Quran is one holy book that insists on and allows the right of dissent since the time of the Prophet. If they killed him for being an atheist, I have decided to join his organisation and do what he did.

Hameed described his son, a father of two, as his:

Best friend. Even when he refused to attend the wedding of a close relative to avoid taking part in the religious rituals, I did not insist.

Farook’s father

Hameed, however, admitted that he was concerned about his son’s “assertive” atheism.

He was very assertive. He wouldn’t attend family functions as he would have had to pray there. I did not know that he was part of a movement for a long period. But my wife used to tell me to leave him alone as he never imposed his views on others, even his wife Rasheeda. He respected others.

Farook, a member of the Dravidar Viduthalai Kazhagam (DVK), was Hameed’s elder son and used to run a scrap business in Ukkadam, near Coimbatore. On March 16, the 31-year-old was hacked to death, 15 days after he posted a photo of one of his children holding a placard with the handwritten slogan “Kadavul illai, Kadavul illai, Kadavul illai (No God, No God, No God)”.

In an earlier report, Hameed, told a reporter:

I am a Muslim. I knew my son was an atheist. But he didn’t hate anyone. I believe that atheists too have a right to live in this world.

Friends fondly remembered him someone who stood against all forms of religious fundamentalism.

In a Facebook post on March 13, Farook said:

According to Coimbatore police, six people have been arrested in the case, all daily-wage labourers, including the main accused Saddam Hussein, Abdul Munaf and Jaffer Ali, who were known to Farook. Police said all of them have confessed to their role in the murder.

4 responses to “‘If my son was killed for being an atheist, I’ll become one too’”

1. John the Drunkard says:

“The Quran is one holy book that insists on and allows the right of dissent since the time of the Prophet.”

What edition is he reading?…oh, right, twue believers NEVER actually read their bloody books.

‘I am an enemy of god, enemy of religion and enemy of caste. But I am not an enemy of humans who believe in humanity.’
    Great words that his butchers couldn’t understand. This is a society ruled by religious thugs and fascists. Will his murderers face long jail sentences? Don’t hold your breath.

3. Robster says:

It’s a pity that many other similarly deluded Mo’ devotees don’t follow the rational offerings of the dead man’s father.

4. Prior says:

The only way religions survive is by threatening and undertaking extreme violence. Islam is terrible for this because in lawless theocratic islamic states any muslim can decide to muder in the name of allah anyone he chooses. And he will get approbation for it. The threat of casual execution by the thug who lives around the corner is more than enough to keep the majority of muslims on side. Speak out against the system and you better keep looking over your shoulder as a gang of bloodthirsty gooks are sharpening their knives in anticipation of doing gods work.

In England not that many centuries ago it was a capital offence not to believe in the christian god. Look what happened when the Archbishops realised that they couldn’t get away with that anymore. The CoE today is a sidelined irrelevant coven of overdressed and pompous asses … because they cannot use the threat of execution to coerce you to believe.

Islam will never be reduced to its rightful place as long as the imams, muftis, ayatolahs and all the other sundry verminous muslim clerics can sit in their minarets and idly watch thugs and gangsters do their murdering unbidden except for the notion that you can fast track to paradise when you hack an apostate to death. And isn’t it convenient that you can murder anyone without the fear of punishment as long as you have made sufficient preparation by declaring your intended victim a blasphemer, adulterer, apostate or homosexual.

And if you don’t turn out for the street protest, or even if you do but don’t enthusiastically scream bitch holler wail in spittle flecked hysteria, then you are in danger of labelling as an apostate. Rule by fear. Thats all islam is. Human nature at its very worst.