Jailed pastor Kenneth Adkins: ‘I’m innocent, pray for me’

Jailed pastor Kenneth Adkins: ‘I’m innocent, pray for me’

Pastor Ken Adkins, of the Greater Dimensions Christian Fellowship church in Georgia, has been jailed for life for aggravated child molestation involving a teenage boy and girl.

Hours before the sentence was imposed, the rabidly anti-gay Adkins, who was found guilty of several charges earlier this month, said:

I was convicted and sentenced because of who I am. I have not been perfect. I have not lead a perfect life. Most certainly I’ve made some mistakes in this journey and I’ve made some mistakes in this situation but I most certainly did not do what I’m accused of and I just want the public to pray for me and let God’s will to be done.

Adkins was a high profile pastor in Brunswick whose involvement in controversial issues extended as far as Jacksonville. He was an outspoken critic of adding sexual orientation to Jacksonville’s Human Rights Ordinance, a measure that passed earlier this year.

After the Pulse nightclub shooting, he tweeted that gay people deserved what they got.

He said:

I expect to be sentenced to life. I expect them to throw the book at me. I’ve made enough people mad in this city and this town, this region and North Florida and South Georgia and I have upset enough people and I understand that they are going to throw the book at me.

On April 10, it took a jury just one hour to convict Adkins of three charges of child molestation, three charges aggravated child molestation, and two charges of enticing a child for indecent purposes.

Adkins says he hopes to have his sentence overturned on appeal. His sentencing states he must serve a minimum of 35 years in prison, with the rest served on probation.

12 responses to “Jailed pastor Kenneth Adkins: ‘I’m innocent, pray for me’”

1. Terry says:

OT but this is what you get with islam. Turkey is now a basket case of islamic interfaith infighting and hatred. Erdogan is shaping up to be a real danger to precipitating yet another layer of conflict upon the already self destructing middle east.
    And typical of islamofacists he seems to think its the fault of Europe. Many people voted the UK out of the EU because of the risk of Turkey joining. I think Etrdogan has destroyed that prospect but reckon he has designes on being the next caliph ruler of the whole world. He is a highly toxic and dangerous lunatic dictator and the turks will be rueing the day he was given such unaswerable license to do what ever he wants when he wants to who he wants. Turkey is the next syria.

President Erdogan, in his interview, accused the EU of “closing its doors on Turkey”.
    “In Europe, things have become very serious in terms of the extent of Islamophobia,” he suggested.

Here’s the full photo:

Greater Dimensions Christian Fellowship; say no more.

Here’s his highly glamourized testimony, telling us all about the way that “God” has “led him” (yawn). What the hell is he supposed to be wearing?

he biggest advantage the USA had was to be able to start without a strong entrenched religion, and people like Jefferson & Co. Places like Turkey are old and entrenched in BS customs, ahole religions, and no way to get a Jefferson type into power…..so awful dogmatic violence and infighting! They don’t stand a chance!

For being innocent it did not take a bunch of xtians long to find him guilty.

L.Long: Satan was behind that, because he always attacks those servants of God who are causing him the greatest trouble (I’ve heard it so many times!). Even the following fiasco wasn’t Adkins’s fault:

He’s certainly what one might term a “colourful” character.

7. John the Drunkard says:

L.Long
    Well, Ataturk’s new state was supposed to be strongly secularist, veils and fezes were put away for decades. But the poison of Sunni Islam never went away, and has never lacked political and military support from all the surrounding Muslim despots. A decade or two has been enough to erase all reforms.

In the U.S. the separation of church and state has been turned on its head. Tax-exempt, self-declared ‘religious authorities’ have been enabled to pull the ladder up behind them and pressure the government to enact THEIR agendas.

8. Paul says:

Greater Dimensions Church?
    Hilarious.
    Looks like he ate all the cakes.

9. StephenJP says:

@Paul: smaller dimensions all round after a few weeks inside, I reckon.

10. sailor1031 says:

“…Even the following fiasco wasn’t Adkins’s fault: ”

Barriejohn: Obviously the russians made him do it. They control absolutely everything here in the USA now.

11. lucy1 says:

Pray for him? What exactly does he require god to do for him? and if god will do it, if we all pray, why didn’t god do it before? these people….

I love the ‘I’ve made some mistakes in this journey and I’ve made some mistakes in this situation..’ oops silly me…meant to make some toast but molested a child instead. Easy mistake to make.

12. John says:

Another religious hypocrite.
    Nothing new about this idiot.
    Bang him up for life!