Lunatic Labour councillor suspended for homophobia

Lunatic Labour councillor suspended for homophobia

A Labour councillor in London – Chika Amadi, a charity worker and evangelical pastor – has been suspended by the party for her anti-gay rants on social media.

On her Facebook page last month, Amadi posted:

Recently one respectable man in my constituency questioned me on my faith especially on homosexuality (…) I warned him not to try me next time.

Anyone who wants to bring me down from my political career because of my faith and stand on the word of God will encounter the burning anger of the God that I serve.

In a comment beneath Amadi’s post, one Facebook user wrote: “Vultures will eat their flesh”, to which Amadi replied:

Amen. Thank you for standing with me and others in that circumstance.

In another Facebook post, the councillor shared a quote from the President of the Gambia in which he threatened gay men and women with prison. The quote reads:

Homosexuality is anti-humanity. I have never seen a homosexual chicken, or turkey. If you are convicted of homosexuality in this country, there will be no mercy for offenders. We will put you in the female wing of the prison.

A Labour spokesperson said:

Chika Amadi has been suspended from the Labour party pending an investigation.

Ian Dylan Thomas and Sarah Kerton, the co-chairs of LGBT Labour, also issued a separate statement calling the comments “offensive, distasteful and homophobic”.

They called for Harrow council’s Labour group to suspend Amadi and for her to be reported to the party’s standards committee.

These comments have no place in modern society and are unacceptable from a Labour party councillor.

The comments were also condemned by Conservative MP Margot James.

These homophobic comments by a sitting Labour councillor are completely unacceptable and wrong. I urge the Harrow Labour party to withdraw the whip immediately from Councillor Amadi to reflect the seriousness of these statements on her social media.

Hat tip: Angela_K

17 responses to “Lunatic Labour councillor suspended for homophobia”

She thinks anyone who opposes her offensive opinions will incur the “burning anger” of God. Quite extraordinary how the most foolish people, lacking all insight into the human condition, know in detail what God, the ruler of the cosmos, wants, thinks and will do. With billions of galaxies to manage you would think he had better things to do than protect this silly woman.

2. Barry Duke says:

Broga: This quote sums up this idiotic woman’s worldview well:

“The decline of theism is a most interesting spectacle, especially as manifested in the anxiety of the theists, whatever their particular brand. They realize, much to their distress, that the masses are growing daily more atheistic, more anti-religious; that they are quite willing to leave the Great Beyond and its heavenly domain to the angels and sparrows; because more and more the masses are becoming engrossed in the problems of their immediate existence.”

That was written just over 101 years ago by atheist and anarchist Emma Goldman. Read her The Philosophy of Atheism essay published in February 1916 here.

Just take a look at the nonsense posted on her Twitter account:

LIBERAL TOLERANCE IS AN OXYMORON

I am of a different breed in Christ. I love but I must tell you the hard truth. Take it or leave it. Fight me and u provoke God’s wrath…

We’re waiting!

Here’s her church:

All the usual rubbish about God giving “his people” anything that they ask for – and “Online Giving” because he’s obviously a bit hard up ATM!

Barry: And the masses now have access to the internet and popular books by atheists. The rigid censorship of the past can no longer be imposed.

6. Cali Ron says:

Why can’t their deadbeat god get a job and quit mooching off of his minions. You’d think it would be easy with all that power. If God was worth a shit he’d make money appear in the plate for followers to take. They must surely need it more than god.

Funny how these hateful religious types dream up all these bizarre punishments, seems a strange perversion; yet they also claim their god loves everyone, including non-believers like us. Amadi’s views are the sort you’d expect from the likes of Britain first, perhaps she should join them.

Time methinks for the UK to have a clearly written constitution containing a clause that explicitly separates the state from religion. O look! The sky’s full of blue elephants!

9. Maggie says:

When “political correctness” and “cultural marxism”collide.

10. Paul says:

From a lot of comments here it seems a thread that a lot of us woke up (at some point) that there didn’t seem to be a god of whatever form because there is/was little evidence for one. Nevertheless it seems quite sad that there are still people like this woman who firmly believe there is one and he she or it takes absolute care for their every facet of life. They cling to an idea that is completely empty.
    I do wonder why can’t they, too, wake up. Their constant statements (and self reassurance in the face of ‘sinning’, feeling unworthy and not wanting to incur wrath) that their god is real and does things all the time for them is plainly unreal, incredible and simply silly.

11. Peter Sykes says:

“I am of a different breed in Christ.”
    Why is that acceptable when, say, “I’m white, mail therefore I’m superior to you” not?
    BTW
    I think both statements are bullshit.

12. Daz says:

“I have never seen a homosexual chicken, or turkey.”

Ahem.

13. Gui says:

“The God I serve goes to war with no weapon and has never lost any battle. Let God who answers by fire be God.”

Well, except when the opponent has iron chariots.

14. John the Drunkard says:

At least Xtians aren’t getting such a free pass for their bigotry. Of course, Islam still gets the ‘diversity’ tolerance card.

15. StephenJP says:

1. Many birds and indeed animals indulge in “homosexual” behaviour.

2. I think the President of Gambia referred to is the previous one, who was a kleptomaniac Islamic lunatic. I’m not aware that his (democratically elected) successor has made any pronouncements on the subject of homosexuality (please correct me if mistaken).

StephenJP: Adama Barrow has taken steps to reverse some of Jammeh’s human rights abuses in The Gambia, but his pronouncements on homosexuality seem rather equivocal, though he is obviously not obsessed with the subject, as his predecessor was. However, as he is a devout Muslim (with two wives), who said that his faith guides both his life and his politics, I don’t see the decriminalization of homosexuality on the horizon!