Belly-dancing Egyptian prof accused of ‘glorifying Satan’

Belly-dancing Egyptian prof accused of ‘glorifying Satan’

Dr Mona Prince, above, of Egypt’s Suez University, has upset her employer by posting a Facebook video of herself belly dancing.

First the university suspended Prince, but it was reported yesterday (Monday) it that has decided to refer her to a disciplinary board over accusations that she was:

Glorifying Satan and not adhering to the syllabus.

Prince was suspended in April for posting a Facebook video of herself belly dancing,

The university said that Prince’s defiance in publishing more videos:

Harm the lecturer’s prestige and degrades her message and responsibility in spreading honourable values.

Prince was also accused of “spreading destructive ideas.” The university claimed that Prince:

Accused God and the three holy books of lying and glorified Satan.

She was also accused of encouraging the opposition to Egyptian general order, which is based on Islamic sharia, and of hiding behind the literary analysis of texts to call for revolting against law and order.

Prince said she did not understand accusations and that her lawyer will challenge the university’s move.

16 responses to “Belly-dancing Egyptian prof accused of ‘glorifying Satan’”

Fucking religious bigoted aholes!! I would use capitals, and 72point letters! But why bother, isLame aholes are deaf to anything not related to the stone age beliefs. Other then head chopping they are no better then the other abraDAMNhamic religions

2. Cali Ron says:

“Accused God and the three holy books of lying and glorified Satan.” Huh? How does a video of belly dancing do that? Their religious sensitivity defies logic, the accusations having nothing to do with the offense. Do they have a book of standard accusations that they break out and use whenever they don’t like something someone does, regardless of the actual offense. The Abrahamic religion’s gods are sure touchy and thin skinned, whinging at every slight, no matter how small. You’d think being all powerful and controlling the universe they could handle a little more than a woman belly dancing.

God=wussy!

Well I have not seen Ms Prince’s belly,whether static or dancing, but it looks like the entire Egyptian universe and beyond revolves around it. I have often searched for Satan in my wife’s belly, but she’s very ticklish and I didn’t get very far. I looked at my own belly this morning and sure enough it scared the shit out of me and I knew Satan had something evil in mind when he gave me a hefty paunch. I wish Ms Prince all the best in her quest to liberate her belly, which I’m sure must be beautiful. Silly fools to lose their cool over a woman’ s belly.

There are rumours of a new Egyptian TV series named Strictly Stop Dancing.

5. Ray says:

Egypt … another country flushing itself down the shit laden sewer of islam.

This is what happens when a cabal of uncivilised jealous bigoted self righteous self appointed self important self hating overblown power hungry sexually deviant psychopathic murderous gangsters start throwing their weight about using god, eagerly using the death penalty and lynch mob justice as the repressive coercive forces of control.

6. Brian Jordan says:

It seems it isn’t her belly that’s at the heart of the matter. The problem seems to be that she taught Milton’s Paradise Lost to her students and it upset some of her colleagues. She (but not her belly) can be seen dancing here:

Brian Jordan: That makes more sense. How petrified they are of ideas!

To accuse one holy book of lying may be regarded as a misfortune; to accuse all three looks like carelessness. Oscar Wild (sic)

@BJ: Just watched Dr. Prince dancing – lots of provocative gyrations of the hips which clearly simulate the act of copulation – which, I have to say, would bring all religions tumbling down if it was allowed to become the accepted way to entertain the faithful. On the other hand the mosques, churches and synagogues would probably be packed to capacity everyday of the week. So maybe I’m mistaken, this could actually reverse religion’s decline and fall. I wonder what you would call a belly-dancing deity?

(By the way way, I tried some of Ms Prince’s gyrations but fell flat over our cat!)

A belly-dancing deity? Whor!

Now the Egyptians don’t like being criticised over human rights concerns:

10. sailor1031 says:

As in universities elsewhere, an excuse can always be found to get rid of faculty who insist on embarrassing the school and the authorities.

11. Brian Jordan says:

Belly-dancing deity? How about the FJM – Flying Jelly Monster?

12. CoastalMaineBird says:

1859: “ I wonder what you would call a belly-dancing deity?

I was 13 when I saw the green women of Orion on Star Trek. Close enough to deity for me.

CMB: And at that age I fell in love with Rowdy Yates of Rawhide. No need for belly dancing – removing his shirt was enough for me!

14. Stephen Mynett says:

CMB, Susan Oliver who played the Orion slave girl was also an accomplished pilot, her story is quite interesting: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Oliver

I had the hots for ‘Seven-of-Nine’ from Star Trek Voyager – as half Borg half human she had some amazing nuts and bolts!