Christian teacher arrested for allegedly having sex with pupils

Christian teacher arrested for allegedly having sex with pupils

Jessie Goline, 25, pictured above with her husband Stephen, 26, was arrested this week at her home in Jonesboro, Arkansas, for allegedly having sex with four of her pupils.

According to this report, Goline, an art teacher who had publicly praised her husband for his purity and faith, could be sentenced to 10- to 40-years or life in prison.

About six months after Goline’s last alleged tryst, on November 4, 2016 she thanked God for her husband on Facebook and praised his purity.

It’s Stephen’s birthday! He’s the sunshine in my life. He’s the purest, most content, faithful, and caring person I know. Thanks be to God for giving him to me as a husband. You’ll always be my best friend, babe, Happy 26th.

She also wrote in another Facebook post how much she enjoyed Bible study.

Goline, who taught at Marked Tree High School before she was fired for her alleged crime, was arrested and charged with first-degree sexual assault on Wednesday. Police say she had sex with four students from two separate school districts between January 2016 and April 2016.

An affidavit said Goline initiated contact with the students by sending them text messages:

Which became more and more sexual in nature.

One of the students said he was in Jonesboro visiting a friend when Goline texted him her address and asked him to come to her home. He said he was dropped off by a friend and he had sex with her. On another occasion, the student said Goline drove him from Marked Tree to her apartment in Jonesboro and they had sex twice. He alleges that another student was also at her apartment that same night.

The student told investigators that Goline wanted them both to stay with her until the next morning but he convinced her to take them back to Marked Tree earlier.

Goline is reported to have sent another student sexually explicit text messages, including a photo of her. He said in the affidavit that Goline:

Texted him that she would like to have sex with him but he was too young.

Prosecuting attorney Scott Ellington sad that Goline was discovered after one of the boys was overheard bragging about the trysts.

Goline would later confess after news broke at the school that a parent intended to cause “bodily harm” to a teacher who was sexually involved with multiple students.

She went to the principal at Marked Tree High School crying, reportedly saying, “I’m not going to lose my husband,” before making her confession.

It is unclear where Goline’s husband was when the incidents took place.

Stephen Goline is a coach at Nettleton High School, according to his Twitter page. The couple who are apparent Lutherans, have been in a relationship since August 17, 2013. They got engaged in July 2014 at a Lutheran church.

8 responses to “Christian teacher arrested for allegedly having sex with pupils”

The hypocrisy and extravagant comments about her husband sticks in the craw. I think she has mental health problems. Probably brought on, or made worse, by her beliefs.

10-40 years or life seems excessive to me but I suppose that is the American way in some States.

2. andym says:

She seems to be overcompensating, and seeking what she sees as virtue by association with her husband. I wonder if she’s gay, and her religion stops her coming to terms with this simple, everyday fact.

3. Laura Roberts says:

This is why I think Dawkins was correct when he titled his book “The God Delusion”. First, religion fosters delusional thinking, which can’t be good for anyone’s emotional well-being. Second, it becomes far more difficult to distinguish between those with serious emotional problems and those who simply speak in religious memes. When our friend says, “God wanted me to have this job”, does she believe it literally, or is she simply using her tribe’s language to express gratitude?

Third, religion encourages people to behave as children who interact with an imaginary father figure. It’s no wonder many of them fail to mature into functional adults.

It’s all utterly farcical – those who claim to be so pious and devout are every bit as human and fallible as we non-believers. But at least we aren’t hypocrites.

5. RichaedW says:

I don’t care about teachers having sex with pupils – good luck to all parties.

What gets me is the hypocrisy of Xtians who preach a repressive sexual morality, but then fall so far short of their own standards.

6. Overt piety is very often a cover for something unpleasant. There is also a strong tendency for the pious to indulge in moral self-licensing and award themselves little exemptions from the rules they tell others to follow as some sort of reward for good behaviour.

And then, of course, you can always say sorry to Jesus and your sin counter gets zeroed. Imaginary friends are useful like that.

7. sailor1031 says:

When I was a youngster, back before the holocene began, I was lucky enough to meet an older woman who initiated me into the mysteries. I regret to report that it didn’t scar me for life – quite the opposite in fact. I suspect that little to no harm has been done to the psyches of these boys – in fact quite the opposite. Ten to forty years for making a kid’s masturbatory dream come true? Not if I was on the jury.

8. cnocspeireag says:

I have taught in college and do think that tutor/pupil relationships are fraught with difficulties and should generally not be allowed, although the same logic would ban senior/junior liaisons of the boss/secretary, President/intern variety. The severity of Goline’s infraction depends upon the age and maturity of the pupils. If the state allows marriage at that age, then surely criminal sanctions, let alone barbaric prison sentences, are surely inappropriate.