Answers in Genesis plans to boost creationism in Canada

Answers in Genesis plans to boost creationism in Canada

Meet Calvin Smith, a man with a mission to stupidify Canada.

Smith, according to creationist Ken Ham’s Answers in Genesis outfit, has been chosen to correct a fault among Canadians: their resistance to creationist bullshit.

The ridiculous Ham, above, right, says here:

According to a recent study, a mere 15% of Canadians have any kind of creationist belief.

But that sorry state of affairs is about to change. At least in Ham’s imaginings:

The church there desperately needs AiG resources to be equipped to stand on the authority of the Word of God and boldly preach the gospel. We’re excited to be part of encouraging and equipping our Canadian brothers and sisters through speaking events, resources, conferences, and more.

Calvin Smith, an accomplished speaker on creation-apologetics, has joined with AiG to open Answers in Genesis-Canada. Our staff is hard at work developing an online store and preparing for a launch in 2018. (Recently we opened our Australian online store – AiG is expanding around the world.)

Ham doesn’t say whether AiG will have an office in Canada or install Smith in an ark with a few fellow dinosaurs to distribute AiG’s products.

AiG claims to produce:

The world’s leading creation-apologetics resources including books, DVDs, curricula, the Answers Bible Curriculum (used in over 10,000 churches), and one of the top Vacation Bible School (VBS) programs used by over 5,000 churches last year.

What do we know about Smith?

He’s attached to something called Creation Ministries International, and says on its website:

I grew up in an un-churched home. I can honestly say I was an atheist and accepted the humanist/naturalistic viewpoint that I was taught through the public school system and my environment (media, friends, siblings). I became involved in many negative behaviours and suffered from the effects of them.

Looking back I can see key encounters with people that contributed to my conversion. However, it was not until I attended a few church services and had some specific stumbling blocks related to evolutionary theory removed that I answered God’s call.

As you can see, he uses a lot of words when just four will do: “I am an imbecile”.

20 responses to “Answers in Genesis plans to boost creationism in Canada”

“and had some specific stumbling blocks related to evolutionary theory removed that I answered God’s call.”

Only some specific stumbling blocks removed? There is a vast body of fact that stands in the way of his dotty beliefs.

Calvin’s casual hair flopping seems to have been carefully styled. I guess he never wants to be too far from a mirror where he can admire himself.

“…a mere 15% of Canadians have any kind of creationist belief”. We still have some work to do educating that 15%.

3. StephenJP says:

Hopefully this brainless prat will be kept well away from the Canadian public education system.

Looks like he sees religion as having ‘saved’ him from many ‘negative behaviours’. He calls these ‘key encounters’ with some people – he just went to the wrong therapists. How anyone with even a scintilla of intelligence can cast aside the ideas of evolution for a book full of inconsistent fairy stories is beyond me. It is so blatantly obvious that basing your understanding of the world on a book written over 2000 years ago by shepherds who had no scientific insight into how the world functions, is really taking the shinning path to ignorance. I hope the Canadians build a wall to keep these USA fruitcakes out.

5. Robster says:

One can’t help but feel (hope) that the creationist nonsense was met with such profound disinterest in Australia, Ham and his cronies are on the hunt for new territories. Most important, they must be affluent, English speakers and in North America.

6. Stephen Mynett says:

1859, the only talent those shepherds had was to be able to steal stories from other myths and cultures.

That’s an amazing dinosaur in the photograph. The model animal’s head is very interesting as well.

8. Sagan says:

Like the dinosaurs that his Biblical ancestors rode in on, Ken Ham has an unusually small brain.

Broga: Why on earth should anyone allow a few inconvenient FACTS to get in the way of believing utter nonsense?

I heard that selfsame phrase uttered over and over again as a Christian, believe it or not.

(Barry – I strongly advise you not to click on to that link for the sake of your dicky ticker!)

10. Stephen Mynett says:

Bloody hell Barriejohn, I was sick after about six seconds of the intro and far too frightened to continue.

Thanks for that, barriejohn – I’ve just had some kind of seizure.

I hope I don’t get a ban!

Here’s “Cal” Smith in action instead:

13. Graham Martin-Royle says:

@barriejohn: It’s often been said that the 1970s was a lost decade for music. When you listen to that you realise why. (shudders)

14. Stephen Mynett says:

There were some classics from that period, this is probably the only version that does true justice to the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZZ_4L81Jtw

Otway was some character and the only performer I have seen do a somersault while playing the violin.

OMG barriejohn! Just clicked on your first link! I’m typing this while lying on the floor chewing the carpet! How excruciating! The women were bad enough with their virgin white dresses and sing-song smiles, but when those fluff-ball men appeared from behind the trees my sanity deserted me completely and I ran screaming about the living room stark naked trying to shag the cat! We’re people really like this way back then?

@1859: I don’t know what you’re complaining about. All my life I’ve dreamed about fluff-ball men appearing from behind the trees, but it’s never happened to me yet!

17. Stephen Mynett says:

1859, you should have asked the cat for some counselling, they are very wise animals and certainly know how to put the Flat-earthers in their place: https://dailylolpics.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/funny-animals-3-14-1.jpg

18. Stephen Mynett says:

And yours is very true BJ, as any cat lover will tell you, cats own us and not us them.

@Stephen M: Don’t worry, our cat (who’s called George) is safe. As I ran about trying to vent my frustration at barriejohn’s teeth-cracking video, my wife looked up from her book and,addressing the cat,said,”Don’t worry George, your father’s just playing the militant atheist again, it won’t last”.