So, young Iftikhar, what did they teach you in school today?

So, young Iftikhar, what did they teach you in school today?

‘That, as a male, I’m superior to women and that, when I marry, I’m permitted to beat my wife if she steps out of line.’

It appears that the best efforts of the authorities to eradicate hateful Islamic teachings has has no effect whatsoever on some Muslim schools in the UK, according to a dossier compiled by the Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills (Ofsted).

According to this report, books that sanction domestic violence and say women should never refuse their husbands sex are among a series of misogynistic materials that inspectors found in some schools.

The education watchdog has compiled a file of the worst examples. Ofsted discovered a book in one school library entitled Women Who Deserve to Go to Hell, which said it was wrong for wives to show “ingratitude to their husband” or “have tall ambitions”. It also detailed “mischievous” females who are a “trial for men.” In its pages, pupils are told:

In the beginning of the 20th century, a movement for the freedom of women was launched with the basic objective of driving women towards aberrant ways.

Another school Ofsted visited encouraged children to read a text that contrasted the “noble woman of the East” who protects her modesty by wearing a veil, while the “internally torn woman of the West” attracts men and leaves her home to hang around in cinemas and cafés.

Other materials claimed that in a Muslim marriage “the wife is not allowed to refuse sex to her husband” or “leave the house where she lives without his permission.”

Boys and girls were also taught that:

The man by way of correction can also beat her.

The social attitudes contained in the library books appear to have filtered through to children’s work. Ofsted inspectors found a student answered on a worksheet suggesting women have a responsibility “only to bear children and bring them up as Muslims” while men should be “protectors of women.”

In a box headed “daily life and relationships” the pupil had written that men are “physically stronger” and women are “emotionally weaker”.

The worksheet was covered in approving red ticks from the teacher.

Ofsted said the books and writings made for “uncomfortable reading.” It added that the material it collected was out of step with mainstream Muslim thinking, and came from maintained schools as well as independent faith schools and unregistered schools.

The education watchdog took issue in particular with primary schools which allow girls as young as four to wear the hijab. It said there is a “growing concern” about the trend.

Inspectors are now planning to question Muslim girls who wear the hijab at primary school, because most Islamic teaching does not require girls to cover their heads until they reach puberty.

An investigation is also being launched into a reported rise in the number of girls forbidden from taking swimming lessons in order to preserve their modesty.

Hat tip: BarrieJohn

16 responses to “So, young Iftikhar, what did they teach you in school today?”

1. Arnold says:

Anyone who though that the UK would be immune to the nasty rot of islam got it wrong and had better wake up before our whole country is befouled and beggared it.

Time to get religion out of schools totally, ban home schooling, ban madrassars, keep clerics off school premises,treat all kids the same and make no concessions whatsoever to petty religious observances. And parents that resist must face harsh correction and loss of privileges.

How soon we forget. How easily we overlook the obvious dangers of sectarian education. By allowing clerics unfettered access to chidren we are sowing the seeds of Civil War on our own doorsteps.

It seems any attempt to stop this misogynistic teaching is prevented by shrieks of “islamophobia” or “racist”, not just by the cave-men brained Mullahs but also by the useful idiots of the far left. One law for all and one secular curriculum for all.

3. Club Secretary says:

Slight error in article, the word NOT was missed out.

“Ofsted said the books and writings made for “uncomfortable reading.” It added that the material it collected was NOT out of step with mainstream Muslim thinking, and came from maintained schools as well as independent faith schools and unregistered schools.”

So how vigorous is the action Ofsted is taking? Or are they too intimidated to take strong action. I know of a parent (via my grandchildren)’s parents) whose two children attend a school which has recently been inspected by Ofsted.

As a retired teacher she had concluded that her children attended a school about which she was very happy. She was surprised, in fact shocked, when the school received a poor report by Ofsted. The result was to dismay the head, whom she regarded as imaginative and effective, and his staff.

She wondered if Ofsted were more comfortable criticising a school in a middle class area where they would get a more accepting response. Unlike some on this site I have never been a teacher. I know nothing of how Ofsted work or what criteria they apply. But I do wonder if they are directing their energies where they are most needed.

5. John the Drunkard says:

Has Ofstead’s report not been published anywhere but ‘RT?’ I cringe at putting any trust in Putin’s lapdog media.

6. Italian Scallion says:

Here’s another so-called religious jerk saying that women are nothing. These people are really mentally sick by saying these things. Where is the law that says it’s okay for you to beat your wife if she steps out of line? Another thing, Muslim women need to grow up and stop wearing those stupid looking Hallowe’en costumes. You people need to come to the 21st century and get your stupid heads out of the sand.

John the Drunkard: I sympathize with your point of view. The link I sent Barry was from The Times, but access is not open.

Many other sites also carry the story, so I’m sure it is legit.

8. Vanity Unfair says:

This story seems to be all over the Internet with various pro- and con- interpretations.
    The only place it does not appear (as at the time of writing) is the Ofsted web site.

@John the Drunkard
    I really do share your very valid concerns. While Trump made the whole ‘fake news’ thing a modern phenomenon, it’s an incredible form of smoke-and-mirrors distraction which actually serves to benefit those who decry it the most. ‘Mainstream media? You can’t trust it. Why? Because, well, erm… it doesn’t tell the story we know you want to hear.’ I’m sure historians will look back on this period in human history and wonder what the fuck people were actually thinking.

Anyway, enough of all that. I see the religiots have got their teeth into Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding already. I was rather encouraged when I saw a headline earlier stating that the couple will tie the knot at Windsor Castle – which seemed to contradict the Archbishop of Canterbury’s earlier and unbelievably pompous claims that the couple would be married in church and that they have ‘chosen to make their vows before God’. (Excuse me while I choke on my own vomit.)

However, it turns out that Meghan will be baptised into the Church of England and confirmed before the wedding. Hey-ho. Very sad to see that even Harry seemingly can’t stand up to the smug, meddlesome bastards.

10. StephenJP says:

@Broga: I am a Governor of a primary school that has recently been Ofstedded, and compared with the last time we were done over, they have definitely upped their performance.

The former head of Ofsted (Michael Wilshaw) said and did some good things. The current one (Amanda Spielman) has taken them even further, much to the delight of my Headteacher and his staff. For instance, she has questioned whether the judgement of “Outstanding” really means very much. Maybe the only assessment we need of a school is “OK” or “Needs to do better”. On that basis, all the schools mentioned in the article are in the latter category!

@AgentCormac: my reaction too. Poor woman! After all, Big-Ears and the Parker-Knoll had a civil wedding; the ex-Edward VIII was made Duke of Windsor despite his missus not giving up her US citizenship; and Prince Harry is not exactly renowned for his piety. I bet Welby had a hand in all these strictures. The CofE will do anything to impose itself where it can, given the rate at which it is losing its voluntary adherents.

When I was teaching I got into trouble for assessing the performance of most of my kids as “satisfactory” on reports, whereas parents were evidently looking for “absolutely fantastically and incredibly wonderful” – besides which, if you couldn’t say that then there was obviously something wrong with your standards of teaching. However, I always hated those subjective assessments anyway, which must, of necessity, be errr…unsatisfactory.

And when I heard that Prince Harry was marrying Angela Merkel, I have to say that my initial reaction was, “Isn’t she a bit old for him?”, but who am I to judge, and Wayne Rooney seems quite happy in the company of older women, doesn’t he?

AgentCormac: I think Meghan is showing some form and the results may be good. She is an independent woman with a career of her own (about to terminate), she is articulate and has done much appreciated work for women’s rights. I don’t think she will be a doormat like Kate.

Charlie and his missus must be spitting tacks. He has been led to believe by sundry arse lickers that he is a genius and the result is pestering supine ministers with his letters. He loves the limelight and has been pushed aside even by vapid William and Kate of the Clothes. With super glamorous, charismatic Meghan who will be interested in dull Charlie and Camilla?

Welby won’t be happy either. We need a declared atheist in the royal nest.

give any religion an inch (or millimeter) and they will take your country!

14. sowa says:

Of course all islamophiles will immedietely deny that MAYBE this raging misogyny stems from Islam itself and they will insist those are some isolated cases of extremism, because we all know that women have it soooooo good in Muslim countries, right? Used to be like that for a short period of time until the evidence against my stance kept piling up. But I still despise all those “Internet crusaders” who use Islam as an excuse for their racist rants.

15. Brian Jordan says:

@Broga
    But I do wonder if they [OFSTED] are directing their energies where they are most needed.
    Quite possibly not, but maybe also subject to prejudice: there was a story a while ago of a little village school where all the children were indigenous locals. It was down-rated because of “lack of diversity”.
    OTOH other such departments do seem to go for the easy target – like the Australian grandmother who’d lived here about 50 years and was given a few days notice of deportation.

Brian Jordan : The school, from what I hear, has parents who would want to conform and would be anxious about criticism. The Muslim schools seem quite ready to defy any criticism and, actually, seem not to give a monkeys about what non Muslims think.

I thought Stephen JPs comments were encouraging.