Cat reveals ‘real reason for the season’ by scratching its owner

Cat reveals ‘real reason for the season’ by scratching its owner

Yesterday Lori Grice, a photographer in Georgia, US, posted the picture above on her Facebook page, along with the words:

Sometimes it is the little things in life … Playing rough with my kitty left me a little scratched up but Edie Grace noticed that two of the scratches make a cross. What perfect timing to have a constant reminder of the REAL ‘reason for the season’…

Not everyone who saw it shared her delusion that this was a holy sign, as the comments show.

Mark Broomer:

Close the Bible. Feed the kitty. Stop pretending your scars are a sign from above. And have a Merry Christmas.

Zack Hodson:

That’s the dumbest thing I have seen all day.

David Reynolds:

Have a fight with your cat, get reminded of Jesus, should be a meme …

Jannet Duff:

Will you feel the same if it gets infected, and you loose your hand? After all God works in mysterious ways!!!

And John Charles Grandy posted a photo of “Jesus” on a dog’s arse, with the words:

Another sign of god, happy holidays.

Hat tip: BarrieJohn

7 responses to “Cat reveals ‘real reason for the season’ by scratching its owner”

I must check in the morning to see if we have had a sign. My young grand daughter accidentally sat on our cat and was scratched. Silly me didn’t consider that it might be a divine sign. I will check in the morning. Will the sign still be given as we are all atheists?

Cats are far too intelligent to fall for the god nonsense. I reckon humans have evolved only so we can be cats servants.

3. StephenJP says:

The corollary to that is that cats are in fact the nearest we are likely to get to the true gods.

I see this lady is reading Luke. I wonder if she has ever read it side by side with Matthew. And if she has, whether she has actually noticed that the two accounts of the “Nativity” are almost entirely incompatible. I guess not: the pious seem perfectly happy to mash the two together in the traditional pre-Christmas service, without ever asking where the different elements come from.

Ah, sod it. Best wishes to all, especially our noble host, for what remains of Yuletide!

4. John C says:

Festivus Saturnalia to all! The funny thing is, dogs look up to us like we are gods, cats on the other hand are convinced we regard them as such.

They do say jesus is everywhere. But why, O why would he want to reveal himself on a dog’s arse? With supernatural powers he could just fly to the top of the Statue of Liberty, throw off his robes and shout ‘Sorry I’m late! But here I am in all my glory!’ Then christmas would really mean something.

6. Darn It says:

The stupidity of humans knows no bounds. No wonder the world is full of con men pastors and priests making easy money from the fools.

What utter bollocks – she did it to herself.