Stephen Hawking kept alive for years by ‘demonic forces’

Stephen Hawking kept alive for years by ‘demonic forces’

Master debater ‘on the topics of atheism and evolution‘, Mike Shoesmith, Executive Editor of PNN (Pathetic Nutter News Network), claimed last week  that famed physicist Stephen Hawking was able to live for decades with ALS because he was being kept alive by demons.

Mike Shoesmith

According to Right Wing Watch, he insisted that it was no coincidence that Hawking died just weeks after Billy Graham passed away, explaining that Graham’s ministry “really kicked off” in 1942, which prompted the devil to use Hawking, who was born in 1942, to counter Graham’s preaching.

[Graham] is a hundred percent devoted. The Lord sees his heart, gives him a tremendous ministry, and who do you think is sitting in the background going, ‘I have to do something about this, this guy is sold out, I have to do something’? Who do you think is sitting in the background doing that? The devil, right?

So, in 1942, that is when Billy Graham’s ministry really takes off, and who do you think was born in 1942? Stephen Hawking.

Stephen Hawking comes from a long line of atheists – his father and all these people – so I believe the devil said, ‘OK, this guy was just born and I’m going to use this guy. This guy is already primed to accept my message that there is no God. He is already primed for it, he is going to be awash, immersed in atheism all his years as a child, I’m going to take over this guy’s life.’

He added:

I believe Stephen Hawking was kept alive by demonic forces. I believe that it was the demonic realm that kept this man alive as a virtual vegetable his entire life just so he could spread this message that there is no God.

Shoesmith went on to assert that if Hawking had simply reached out to God, Jesus would have cast the demons out of him and he would have been completely and miraculously healed.

• The cartoon by Austrian Marian Kamensky used to illustrate this piece appeared in an op-ed by cartoonist Daryl Cagle, who wrote:

Readers love memorial cartoons, often passing along their warm feelings about a celebrity to the cartoonist. We get more fan mail from memorial cartoons than anything else we draw.

Hawking’s memorials have drawn more criticism than praise. Some cartoonists have drawn the professor ascending into heaven – even though Hawking was an atheist and didn’t believe in heaven.

We saw the same thing some years ago when Apple founder Steve Jobs, a Buddhist, was depicted in scores of cartoons at the Pearly Gates … When it comes to memorial cartoons, cartoonists need to fly, wheel and walk a fine line.

17 responses to “Stephen Hawking kept alive for years by ‘demonic forces’”

Stephen Hawking’s reputation is secure down the ages. Shoesmith has only an ephemeral reputation for stupididy and spewing bile. He is typical of his kind and despicable.

What is both tragic and dangerous is that Shoesmith actually believes his deluded rubbish and that there are other nutters, like our favourite senile protagonist Bob, who agree with him.

Stephen Hawking died years ago and was replaced by an actor, who has now presumably either died or got really fed up with the role!

I saw several cartoons depicting Stephen Hawking rising from his chair and walking off into space or heaven – some posted on atheist sites. Sentimental tripe! He didn’t expect to have any consciousness or existence after death:

Inspirational words.

GREAT!!! Where do I contact these demonic forces cuz they are so very powerful that they can cancel gawd’s ahole plan! I soul for a longer life, ready!

6. andym says:

I think Christianity inherited the concept of demons , but they were considered to be up to all things at one time. Nixey reports how people would confess to all sorts to display what demons made them do- without shame because it was the demons that made them do it.

I don’t think there’s any real argument you can deploy against people who believe this sort of thing. You just add “demons” to the long list of things that make secularism so necessary.

barriejohn : That must the same deathbed conversion I heard from my mother six years ago: “If you let a minister near me I will come back and haunt you.”

Kept alive by daemons and a deathbed conversion. The deluded religiots amongst us do love living in their own little fantasy world.

9. StephenJP says:

It has been announced today that Stephen Hawking’s ashes are to be interred in Westminster Abbey, near to Newton, Rutherford and JJ Thomson. Even though he was an atheist, I guess this is an appropriate honour.

But what sticks in the craw is the CofE’s eagerness to clasp him to its bosom, now he is dead and can’t object. The Dean of Westminster is quoted as saying: “We believe it to be vital that science and religion work together to seek to answer the great questions of the mystery of life and of the universe.”

Religion has made exactly no correct contributions to answering those great questions since the first caveman invented the first god. It is disgraceful that the CofE should try to pretend it is engaged in the same intellectual endeavour as Hawking so soon after his death.

10. Daz says:

“because he was being kept alive by demons.”

Ladies, gentleman, boys and girls, I give you…

The Birth Of The Devil

StephenJP: The Church hierarchy were appalled by the non-religious nature of the Cenotaph, and it is said that that is why they had their own Grave of the Unknown Warrior in Westminster Abbey, almost as a rival memorial. They have now taken over the Remembrance Day proceedings in any case, despite protests from the NSS and others:

After the first world war the Cenotaph was designed by Edwin Lutyens as a secular memorial because the war dead were from a dizzying array of peoples, nations and creeds. The prime minister, David Lloyd George, backed him up. He insisted on a secular monument and he rejected an alternative proposal for a huge cross at Admiralty Arch. The government also rejected Church of England proposals that it should have Christian inscriptions on it or a cross on top of it. At its dedication on 11 November 1919, the King simply unveiled it, after which were two minutes silence. Many in the church were appalled by the lack of ritual.

12. StephenJP says:

barriejohn: too right, and it was a disgraceful position to take even at the time. And now, 99 years later, despite (or perhaps because) CofE membership is in freefall and most people in the UK regard it as an embarrassing irrelevance, it continues to claim and assert a privilege that it no longer deserves.

13. Brian Jordan says:

I suppose it makes a change, a supposedly “miraculous” survival due to modern medicine being ascribed to a devil – they usually credit a god with it.

14. Daz says:

OT, but this is kinda interesting. Referring to Britain:

“Three-fifths of Nones say that they were brought up with a religious identity. Fewer than one in ten of those brought up nonreligiously now identify with a religion.”

And:

“For every one person brought up with No religion who has become a Christian, twenty-six people brought up as Christians now identify as Nones.”

Source [pdf]

(Thinkin’ on it, that means that for every none→Christian conversion, there’s the equivalent of an entire set of Lords Spiritual becoming nones.)

Daz: I was brought up to attend Sunday School,straight into church in the morning and sometimes again in evening. This was Presbyterian Scotland. No explanations given. Just stories repeated as fact and we were surrounded by religious paintings.

We had a visit from a missionary from Africa once. Great excitement as he had been out there converting the “little black boys” and their parents. I was about seven or eight then. He left me with a memory I will never forgot. He poured a chemical into a glass of water and it turned black. He then cheerfully scared us by saying, “This is your heart and you must let Jesus enter into it to make it pure.”

Problem was 1. We didn’t know where our heart was. 2. How do we get Jesus into it? He then poured another chemical and the water immediately turned clear. Apparently getting Jesus into it involved not telling lies, saying our prayers, being obedient and, by implication, believing all the religious stories that were told to us. Also God saw everything we did – a scary idea in itself.

We were often told, when refusing crusts, that “the little black boys would be glad of those.” Also our pennies went to these distant and mysterious black boys. We saw pictures of white missionaries, benign and tall, surrounded by lots of blacks hearing “the good news.”

I turned into a non in my mid teens. That missionary, and the awful boredom of the long church services, gave a powerful incentive to examine what we were supposed to accept without question. The Sunday School picnic by the sea and the Christmas Party were very happy memories.

16. Daz says:

I’m one of those who were brought up faith-free. That’s not to say I was brought up explicitly atheist, mind. I was simply encouraged to come to my own conclusion. So much so that I think I must have been in my early twenties before my mother told me what her own beliefs were. (She’s an atheist, though brought up mildly religious.)