‘Get up for Jesus’ mum used stun gun on her teenage son

‘Get up for Jesus’ mum used stun gun on her teenage son

Phoenix mum Sharron Dobbins, 40, has been arrested and charged with child abuse after police say she tased one of her sons, telling him ‘get up. it’s Jesus day!’

According to reports here and here, she was arrested on Sunday after her 17-year-old son alerted authorities. The teen did not complain of any pain but told police he had two small bumps on his leg where he was shocked, according to police documents.

Dobbins denied shocking her son. She said only used the noise from the stun gun to wake her two sons who were refusing to get up for an Easter church service.

I don’t think I did anything wrong because you’re supposed to put God first and that’s all I was trying to do is tell my kids to put God first.

The teen told police he was unwilling to testify against his mother and he did not want to prosecute, according to the police documents.

Dobbins was taken to jail and later released. She is scheduled to appear in court later this month. Police seized the stun gun as evidence.

Dobbins said:

Nobody writes a book on the correct way of parenting. I tell my sons to honor thy mother and thy father or their days will be shortened and that’s my favorite.

She said her kids wanted to hang out with friends instead of going to church service. That’s when she allegedly went for the stun gun and told them:

Get up, it’s Jesus day!

She said that after her son called police, she got on the phone and told the dispatcher

You need to be with Jesus right now.

Dobbins is due in court April 16 on charges of child abuse.

Last month Georgia mum Bakari Warren, 25, above, was arrested and placed on $22, 000 bail after she deliberately crashed her vehicle to show her kids that “God is real”.

No-one was hurt when Warren ran her SUV into a telephone pole while saying:

I love God.

One of her daughters told police:

She didn’t want us to just have a car accident. She wanted us to know that God is real.

13 responses to “‘Get up for Jesus’ mum used stun gun on her teenage son”

1. CoastalMaineBird says:

No-one was hurt when Warren ran her SUV into a telephone
    Uhhh… wut?

2. Italian Scallion says:

She wanted us to know that God is real. Oh, really? Then show me positive proof that the murderous bitch is real. Of course I’ll put god first, right in front of my car while I’m doing 70 miles an hour.
    Get up for Jesus? Screw him too.

3. Barry Duke says:

Oops, I left out the word pole. Fixed now. The error, that is. Don’t know about the pole.

4. Cali Ron says:

She didn’t prove god is real, but she did confirm the reality of physics. Stupid people make great christians, but not great parents.

Using tasers and cattle prods to get religious obediance – ooops! I mean observance ! So, The Handmaid’s Tale has begun in the US – just as Atwood predicted way back in 1985.

6. Pocomouse says:

1859: “has begun?” What makes you think this is just beginning? I’ve lived in The States my whole life and these kind of things have been happening forever.

She should have played him this:

Nothing wrong with that theology!

I had an awesome (right word) mom, so I can’t say what I would do, but I hope when some woman essentially says I hate you by use of taser, that I would punch her in the face if she tried again! I believe in self defense, and person tassing you is pure outright assault! A good example of the 10 Bad suggestions are mostly BS!

10. Laura Roberts says:

“I don’t think I did anything wrong because you’re supposed to put God first…”

Yes, before your own children. But it’s a common theme in their wretched book e.g. : “If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.” (Luke 14:26)

Laura: Actually, he got off lightly!

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

12. asif hameed says:

thats what religion and belief system tell its followers that religon is the only sacred and important thing in their lives .
    thats how religion want to controll people’s life .