Website Terms and Conditions
- This agreement is between you, the user of the Freethinker, an online magazine (“the Website”), and G.W. Foote & Co. Limited (“the Company”), the publisher of the Website, and in regard to the Website Services (defined below).
- These terms and conditions are intended to provide the Website’s visitors and Freethinker members with a guide as to how all aspects of the Website services are accessed and how you can and should interact with these services.
Accessing the Website services
- Parts of the Website services are only accessible to Freethinker members and not to visitors. In addition, the Company may not offer or make available all of these services or content to residents of certain countries.
- The Company may in its absolute discretion change, remove, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Website services at any time including the availability of any content (for example, comments may be suspended on an article).
The content of the Website
- The content, trademarks, copyright, patents, logos, domain names and other related intellectual property rights or other features of the Website belong to the Company or to its licensors. Your use of the Website services does not grant you any rights in the Company’s and/or its licensors’ intellectual property, whether for commercial or non-commercial use.
- The Company grants its users a licence to access and use the Website services and intellectual property rights (subject to your ability to access these services as set out above) and to the following usage restrictions:
- you may use these services for personal, private and non-commercial purposes; but
- you must not commercially exploit, or sell any content appearing on the Website (this does not apply to any user content posted by you and in which you retain ownership rights – see paragraph on user-generated content below).
- You acknowledge that in using the Website services services the Company and its third party affiliates, if any, may at some stage provide advertising and other information to you.
- Users of the Website services may be given an opportunity to interact with the content provided and submit, post and/or upload their own content (including comments and calendar events). In posting your content, you confirm to the Company that you are the owner or have consent from the owner to post the content and that the content complies with the Freethinker Community Guidelines and does not defame any person, company or business or violate the privacy rights, copyright and other intellectual property rights, contract rights or any other rights of any person.
- By submitting content, you grant the Company a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, perpetual, royalty-free worldwide licence to use any of the content that you post on or in connection with the Website services and you also irrevocably waive the benefit of any moral rights you may have in any such material. The Company does not claim any ownership rights in your content and you continue to retain all ownership rights in your content. If you believe that your rights have been infringed in relation to your content, please contact email@example.com
- The Company does not endorse any user-generated content nor does it guarantee the accuracy or authority of any user -generated content. The Company reserves the right to remove your content and to remove, suspend or discontinue your opportunity to submit, post and/or upload content, at any time and for any reason at its sole discretion and without further recourse to you.
- The Company will always aim to provide you with the best service it can, but the Website services are provided “as is” and the Company does not and cannot promise that all of the information provided in these services will always be 100% accurate. The information provided by the Website services is for information purposes only and does not constitute advice. All these services are provided without any warranties or guarantees.
- Some of the information provided by the Website may be supplied to the Company by its third party partners. The Company has no control over third party content and is unable to guarantee the accuracy of such third party content. You agree that you access any content at your own risk. Before relying on any information, whether it is from the Company or from its third party partners, the Company advises you to verify the accuracy of such information.
- While the Company will do its best to ensure that the Website services are fully operational at all times, it is not responsible for and shall not be liable to you for any problems or temporary interruptions in using these services arising from factors outside of the Company’s control (e.g. technical problems from traffic congestion on the internet) or for any problems arising from participating in or from downloading third party content.
- To the extent permissible by law, the Company is not responsible for any loss or damage resulting from use of the Website or from any content posted on or through the Website or its services.
Limitation of our liability to you
- You agree, that to the extent permissible by law, your sole remedy for any problems, issues or concerns with the Website services is to stop using these services, whether as a member or as a visitor.
- Furthermore and without prejudice to the foregoing, neither the Company nor any of its agents, employees, editorial staff or contractors, shall be liable to you for any monetary claims of any description arising out of or relating to this agreement. The agents, employees, editorial staff and contractors of the Company shall be entitled to enforce this clause pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
Changes to these terms
Applicable law and jurisdiction
- This agreement and any non-contractual obligations arising of this agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, and any dispute arising out of or relating to the same shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
(i) The Company’s content means any text, files, images, photos, graphics, video, sounds, musical works, or any other materials that it publishes or posts on or through the Website services.
(ii) ‘Third party content’ means any text, files, images, photos, graphics, video, sounds, musical works, or any other materials published or posted on or through the Website services by the Company’s third party partners.
(iii) ‘Your content’ means any text, files, images, graphics, photos, video, sounds, musical works, or any other materials that a user posts on or through the Website services.
(iv) The ‘Website services’ mean all services provided by the Company through or in relation to the Freethinker Website, whose home page is https://freethinker.co.uk